TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That looks awesome. I haven't been following this coaster or thread, but that long drawn out element looks like a "stall" to me (which on Goliath is my favorite element of any RMC). Looking good, thanks for posting!

Edited by anonymouscactus

The train really puts it into perspective and that thing is even bigger than I thought it was! I also realized how big the other elements are, though, especially that stall. The train disappears behind the structure for the back half of the ride, so I can't speak for the whole thing, but the first half does actually look a lot "smoother" than a lot of other RMCs in the sense that it flows together more (no complaints here, just to be clear ). I've yet to ride Steel Vengeance but this looks to be a completely different ride experience and I want to ride both.

On most of the videos I have (now) seen, it looks like a really nice, smooth run.

And yes, the blue track threading over, around and through the white framework

really stands out, nicely.

That looks fantastic, both aesthetically and in terms of ride quality.

Agreed! It's just more proof that whenever someone starts complaining about a ride while it's under construction claiming "they could have done more with this" it's a reminder to me to hit that "mute" button!

wow.. think this looks absolutely fantastic!

(the coaster, not the EXTREME CLOSEUP tracking the train, video).

Super solid, and maintains a nice speed thruout. . and that's with empty trains.

^ Mmmm, that coaster is looking sweeter and sweeter, to me. Thanks for posting this set of videos!

Thought I'd never say that about any Japanese wooden coaster!

Why do people just post a link and nothing else? It is one of the laziest most uninformative things you can do on a discussion thread. I hate it and it really annoys me when people do this.

Like, is it really too much to ask for someone to type even ONE SENTENCE describing why they posted that link so the rest of us know why we should click on it?

For example:

Nagahshima Spaland has announced the opening date of the new coaster! You may want to use Google Translate to translate this page: http://www.nagashimaresort.jp/spaland/info/hakugei.html

That took my EIGHTEEN SECONDS to write, and it gives the reader a much better idea of why you just lazily posted a link and by adding the sentence more people may click on it and then further discuss what they just read.

Or, WAIT! Better yet! How about a description AND a screen shot!!!! You know, *ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING* something to the discussion at hand!

For example:

Nagahshima Spaland has announced the opening date of the new coaster! You may want to use Google Translate to translate this page: http://www.nagashimaresort.jp/spaland/info/hakugei.html

601562565_ScreenShot2019-03-23at11_22_20AM.thumb.png.3a9b667b18d880aad9ca5c88e372c2ac.png

Translated:

1726482310_ScreenShot2019-03-23at11_26_08AM.thumb.png.02d579d0048358cdff496e8be9c7afbe.png

Look, guys, I gotta be honest, that took me almost TWO MINUTES to do. I know that's a lot of time and effort for our Idiocracy world, but c'mon? Is it really too much to ask of some of you to spend TWO MINUTES to be able to properly communicate something rather than just posting a link like you're some sort of moronic drone who don't have the intelligence to function any more than doing copy/paste? I can't be the only one who feels this way, right? RIGHT?!?!?

/end rant.

Edited by robbalvey

Why do people just post a link and nothing else?

/end rant.

Sorry, I was trying to be minimalist. Next time I will add a description.

"The park's page includes photos and video advertising Hakugei's opening next week. I especially liked the drone footage in the video, it includes perspectives of the ride that are different from the photos taken from the ferris wheel."