Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 656 - Media Event for Batman: The Ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby scooterdoug » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 pm

jray21 wrote:How are the crowds on the weekends now? I'm thinking of hitting the park before spring break starts.

It all depends on the weather. If it's cold and dreary, low crowds. If the sun comes out, so do the crowds (but far less than a busy summer day). Also, be forewarned that they've been running one train on The Joker for the entire winter. So, even without crowds, you can still end up with a wait (though not an unreasonable one) for that ride.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Unfortunately they do not.

The only single you'll find at this park is single train operations. Only Medusa and Joker run two trains, but that seems very rare on the latter from the trip reports I've seen and my own visit.

Misinformation. Kong sometimes runs two trains and the rest of the coasters couldn't run two trains if they wanted to. :Pr
Also it just really depends on when you go. During summer months you'd be more likely to see two trains but while school is in there's really no need for the park to be running two trains as the waits are very short even with just one.

There are no single rider lines, but in the past when the park was busy they would sometimes call out for single riders on Superman and Joker. This was moreso in their opening seasons and I haven't been back during the summer since 2016 so I can't speak whether they still do this on busy summer days or not.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am

POST REMOVED - Please do not link to things in that Reddit group. They aren't friendly towards us so I don't feel the need to be friendly towards them.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Unfortunately they do not.

The only single you'll find at this park is single train operations. Only Medusa and Joker run two trains, but that seems very rare on the latter from the trip reports I've seen and my own visit.

Misinformation. Kong sometimes runs two trains and the rest of the coasters couldn't run two trains if they wanted to. :Pr
Also it just really depends on when you go. During summer months you'd be more likely to see two trains but while school is in there's really no need for the park to be running two trains as the waits are very short even with just one.

There are no single rider lines, but in the past when the park was busy they would sometimes call out for single riders on Superman and Joker. This was moreso in their opening seasons and I haven't been back during the summer since 2016 so I can't speak whether they still do this on busy summer days or not.

I'm glad they do call for singles at least. That doesn't surprise me at Superman since that crew has been top notch in all my visits.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RoxasBraveheart » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 am

Yeah, to be honest, the trains all work terribly at the park.
Last edited by RoxasBraveheart on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:07 pm.
Keep on thrilling, TPR! :)
Power to the Coasters main blog: powertothecoasters.netlify.com

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DivaLV » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Looking for a fellow member between 30's-50's to visit the park with. New to Nor Cal. I have never posted before, I hope I did it right....don't mean to be a donkey
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/2003858aec6f355476e7ba6eb171cfb7.jpg[/img][/url]

I Love Donkeys!

New Additions with Batman: The Ride!

Postby RoxasBraveheart » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:11 pm

I've got some news, everyone. I recently got a monthly passholder news from Discovery Kingdom, and it turns out that there will be a redesign for the DC area of the park. Also, in other news, Batman will be getting a shop!

sfdknews.png

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm

It’s nice to see an official rebranding of the area, even though it has kinda been the “unofficial” DC-themed area of the park for quite a few years now.

That area of the park is pretty stacked now with the addition of Batman.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 31 / Total: 191
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RoxasBraveheart » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Yeah, it is really nice to see Six Flags actually rebranding it. However, one thing I noticed is that it looks like they'll be removing the games near V2, which makes sense because they were definitely hiding the entrance away.

Can I park my donkey here?

Re: New Additions with Batman: The Ride!

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 pm

RoxasBraveheart wrote:I've got some news, everyone. I recently got a monthly passholder news from Discovery Kingdom, and it turns out that there will be a redesign for the DC area of the park. Also, in other news, Batman will be getting a shop!

sfdknews.png

That image is way different than any other promo pictures they have released. The yellow is darker than I'd like and the queue building is not there which I find weird since they have already started building the shop and hopefully what is the entrance. I know its just concept but I'm still a bit worried.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!