TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

ADMIN EDIT: Please allow the TPR Moderators to post official announcements to the park discussion threads as they are announced. Parks send us their official press releases and posting another news source's article just to be "first" on our thread doesn't help us to share the news from the official source.

50mph?! That’s pretty substantial for what I assumed to be a family coaster!

Edited by jedimaster1227

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced more details about Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, opening at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade on June 13th, 2019!

hp3.thumb.JPG.8edbb6ba376548e00d750442899e9a16.JPG

On June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure – the epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – will soar into Universal Orlando Resort and become the most highly themed, immersive coaster experience yet. Today, all-new details have been revealed about the magical new adventure that awaits.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will combine a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with rich environments and sets – including an actual forest with more than 1,200 live trees. It will also give guests the unique opportunity to join Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in the Harry Potter films – on a journey to one of the most mysterious places in the wizarding world – the Forbidden Forest. With Hagrid as their guide, guests will fly deep into the Forbidden Forest and brave the mysteries and thrills beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle on a groundbreaking coaster experience unlike any other.

It all begins when guests (starting at 48” tall) join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and board magical motorbikes specially designed to make them feel the freedom of flight. Guests will either ride the motorcycle or board the adjacent sidecar as they embark on a journey that will bring them closer to some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. But as they make their way through the Forbidden Forest…things don’t go as planned. During the adventure, guests will:

• Experience a freewheeling coaster flight where they’ll twist, turn and rush forward – and backward – at speeds up to 50 mph into the dark forest
  • Encounter some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies, Fluffy, the three-headed dog – and even a creature that’s never been seen in the films
  • Hurl past challenging obstacles, become entangled in a thicket of Devil’s Snare and so much more …while encountering a few surprises along the way.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be an epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. The magic began with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The expansion of the global phenomenon continued with the launch of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida and the Hogwarts Express – allowing guests to travel between both lands. And when it opens on June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will join the lineup of award-winning entertainment experiences in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and bring an all-new adventure inspired by J.K. Rowling’s beloved stories to life.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. More details about the new experience will be revealed in the months ahead. For more information and Universal Orlando ticket options, visit http://www.universalorlando.com.

hp1.thumb.JPG.505c191c746b9730bb2b95811dee39fd.JPG

hp2.thumb.JPG.7b2e33f084034724064a5a2706c746f5.JPG

hp4.thumb.JPG.83fb6ce3de4a991a04474b681e7948a7.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227

:( I am sorry jedi.

Not a problem--just something to not do in the future! We have a process where the parks send us their press releases and when it comes to news that they send us, we try to curate our discussion threads so you know the content we post is coming from the most reliable source.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I really wished they would reveal the height and length too.

Why? They just told us about a very immersive, one of the most immersive attractions and you're worried about height and length lol?!?

Also, I wonder if they are standing in part of the ride/queue? This should definitely be one of those attractions that have a different feel between riding in the daytime or at night. I can't wait!

I really wished they would reveal the height and length too.

They are catering to people who want an immersive Harry Potter adventure, not a bunch of roller coaster nerds who lather themselves in coaster stats. Honestly, WHO CARES what the height and length is??? Will that make it a better or worse ride? No.

a bunch of roller coaster nerds who lather themselves in coaster stats.

I am simultaneously delighted by this side-splittingly hilarious phrase and horrified by the mental image it brings me. Thanks, Robb.

Way to make a first impression on me Mr. Alvey, the legend, which speaks...

Since when was I saying this ride would be better/worse based on its stats? I just want to know how high that spike is and how long the track will be. 50mph is quite a substantial speed for a “family coaster”.

Way to make a first impression on me Mr. Alvey, the legend, which speaks...

You're welcome. It is also going to be your last impression because I have zero patience for people like you...

giphy.gif

Nailed it.

I knew this coaster was going to be well themed, but it looks incredible how they're planting a full forest around it.

Right?! It's amazing how the whole area for the ride has been filled in with the greenery and water, too. It'll be so much fun flying around the trees and over the ponds.

As someone already mentioned, I think this thing is really going to be great at night! Especially now with all the trees. I honestly wasn’t expecting Universal to plant very many more trees than there are now so I’m very excited! I can’t wait to see what 1200 trees equates to.

Maybe you run into the Knights of Ni of "bring me a shrubbery!" fame. The last concept art illustration does look pretty fantastic. Night time rides will be amazing.

Good news for single riders, that line will probably flow fast.

Bad news is you're most likely going to end in a side-car.

I joke, and I know like Robb's pictures, other parks have motorbike/side-car seating but I would hate to be the grouper for this ride. I'm sure for smaller parks you can let people choose and send cars half empty but for the new Harry Potter ride... 'How many in your group? 4. 'Take rows 2 and 3. We all want motorcycle seats. So either the single rider line becomes essentially the 'side car line' or your the poor person telling people who've waited 1-2 hours to take a seat they don't want.

On the plus side at least with Universals strict locker policy, if you were paired with a single rider, someone can't quickly hop into your motorcycle seat while you're putting a bag onto the shelf.