So as some of you know, I'm visiting Universal Orlando (both parks) on Wednesday the 27th, and I need advice! I'll be staying the whole day from open to late in the evening (7:00-8:00 I'll be leaving), so keep that in mind when responding. Because this is part of a school trip, I can't add any more days, unfortunately.
1. What is the best order to hit up the rides and attractions? Must rides for me at IOA are Hulk, Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Kong and Forbidden Journey. Must rides for me at USF are the four coasters (I only have 1/4 credits), plus Transformers, maybe Jimmy Fallon, Men In Black, Simpsons, and maybe Fast and the Furious. This question is CRITICAL because I only have one day here, and I'd really like the best advice possible.
2. What are the best restaurants for lunch and dinner? (best snacks in the park would be a nice bonus too )
3. "Magic" seats or the best rows/seats on coasters? I love trying multiple seats for the best possible ride so I always ask those questions when trip planning.
1. So the day you are going to is listed as a 9/10 on Undercover Tourist Crowd Calendar, and Early Park Admission is at Universal. That will force some long waits for a few of these attractions as it's not feasible to hit all the heavy lines in the early morning. The highest average waits at Universal Parks are for Kong/Gringott's, Hulk, Rockit/Despicable Me in that order.
What I would do if I was down for a ton of walking to start my day: Arrive well before open, go into to Universal Studios side asap and only ride Rip Ride Rockit. Leave and go to IOA, Hit Hulk through Single Rider, then straight to Kong through Single Rider. Then backtrack to Spiderman Single Rider, then Jurassic Park Single rider, then Forbidden Journey Single Rider. This should all take less than 2 hours even on a busy day. The rest of the day you have single rider available at Mummy, MIB, Transformers, and Gringott's, Jimmy Fallon and F&F you can book through UO App, the others just find a good time to ride or wait it out.
What I would do if I was down for less walking or didn't arrive until 9AM-Start just at IOA instead, literally just hit the park in a circle from the left, do the rides in order as long as you get to Kong before 10AM or it's posting over 30 minutes on UO app. You can usually power through the headliners of Islands in 2-3 hours even if it's real busy.
2. You should eat Lunch at Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron, even though these can be busy (avoid noon-130). The theming is amazing, the food is not cheap, but it's quality. Simpson's Fast Food Alley has great variety. Florean Fontescue's has the best ice cream.
3. Single Rider Lines give you no choice on seats, you can request in regular queues however. But there are no magic seats on the UO Coasters really anyways. Rockit is usually much rougher in the back (but a couple pops of air), Hulk is more exciting in the Front seat or the Rear of train. Personally I find all UO's coasters to be Front Seat rides.
ADMIN EDIT: Please allow the TPR Moderators to post official announcements to the park discussion threads as they are announced. Parks send us their official press releases and posting another news source's article just to be "first" on our thread doesn't help us to share the news from the official source.
50mph?! That’s pretty substantial for what I assumed to be a family coaster!
The Universal Orlando Resort has announced more details about Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, opening at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade on June 13th, 2019!
On June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure – the epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – will soar into Universal Orlando Resort and become the most highly themed, immersive coaster experience yet. Today, all-new details have been revealed about the magical new adventure that awaits.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will combine a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with rich environments and sets – including an actual forest with more than 1,200 live trees. It will also give guests the unique opportunity to join Hagrid – one of the most beloved characters in the Harry Potter films – on a journey to one of the most mysterious places in the wizarding world – the Forbidden Forest. With Hagrid as their guide, guests will fly deep into the Forbidden Forest and brave the mysteries and thrills beyond the grounds of Hogwarts castle on a groundbreaking coaster experience unlike any other.
It all begins when guests (starting at 48” tall) join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and board magical motorbikes specially designed to make them feel the freedom of flight. Guests will either ride the motorcycle or board the adjacent sidecar as they embark on a journey that will bring them closer to some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures. But as they make their way through the Forbidden Forest…things don’t go as planned. During the adventure, guests will:
Experience a freewheeling coaster flight where they’ll twist, turn and rush forward – and backward – at speeds up to 50 mph into the dark forest
Encounter some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies, Fluffy, the three-headed dog – and even a creature that’s never been seen in the films
Hurl past challenging obstacles, become entangled in a thicket of Devil’s Snare and so much more …while encountering a few surprises along the way.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be an epic new addition to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. The magic began with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The expansion of the global phenomenon continued with the launch of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida and the Hogwarts Express – allowing guests to travel between both lands. And when it opens on June 13, 2019, Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will join the lineup of award-winning entertainment experiences in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and bring an all-new adventure inspired by J.K. Rowling’s beloved stories to life.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. More details about the new experience will be revealed in the months ahead. For more information and Universal Orlando ticket options, visit http://www.universalorlando.com.
Not a problem--just something to not do in the future! We have a process where the parks send us their press releases and when it comes to news that they send us, we try to curate our discussion threads so you know the content we post is coming from the most reliable source.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.