Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 289: Lisebergbanan gets new trains, station & facade!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:12 am

JordyC wrote:The biggest amusement park in Sweden will open a new dark ride in 2020. That has Liseberg attraction park, located in Göteborg, just announced. The family attraction of 14 million euros, which is going to be called Underland, is completely dedicated to rabbits.

That is awesome news! We talked about when visiting Liseberg for the opening of Valkyria last year, that it would be perfect for Liseberg if the next attraction would be a high-quality dark ride. I also love the story for this! =)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:41 am

Liseberg has sent us a press release announcing the details about their new Underland dark ride, which will open in 2020.

unnamed (9).jpg

In November, Liseberg announced that Kaninlandet (the Rabbit Land) – Liseberg’s children’s area – would be expanded in 2020. Today, Liseberg proudly presents Underland – the underground world of the rabbits – a major new family Dark Ride, as part of this expansion.

The Dark Ride will take guests underground to experience the rabbits’ secret world, and will be the largest investment in the family segment since Liseberg built the Rabbit Land in 2013.

In total, SEK 200 million will be invested in the children’s area in 2020 and the largest part, SEK 150 million, will be spent on this new Dark Ride. The Dark Ride will be located where the Children’s Theatre previously was located, and will take visitors through a number of fantastical environments.

“Since the Rabbit Land was built in 2013, our guests have got to know the characters above ground. What the rabbits have done underground have been a secret – until now”, says David Schofield, Creative Director at Liseberg.

Underland will be the 14th attraction in the children’s area and first Dark Ride that Liseberg has built in more than 40 years.

“With the introduction of Valkyria in 2018, we had to remove an old children’s Dark Ride, Sagoslottet (the Fairy tale castle). We promised our guests that we would replace this with something bigger and better. That's what we are doing now. With the new Dark Ride Underland we will set new standards for this type of experience in Sweden, ”says Andreas Andersen, CEO & President at Liseberg.

The first rides on Underland will take place in connection with Liseberg's spring premiere in 2020.

About the attraction Underland
Type of attraction: Dark Ride
Budget: 150 million
Concept: Liseberg and Quarry Fold Studio (England)
Ride system: Gosetto SRL (Italy)
Theming: P&P Projects (The Netherlands)
Animatronics: Lifeformations

Technical Specifications
Length & vehicle: 190 meters, 18 Vehicles
Travel time: 3 min, 20 s
Manufacturer: Gosetto SRL
Year of manufacture: 2020
Number of occupants: 4 passengers / vehicle
Speed: 4km / h
Capacity: 850 pers / hour

mfcqeoutqibtbwormuqr.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:48 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:22 pm

I love that they are continuing to theme the family area around their mascot. I'm sure this will be tamer than the last rabbit themed dark ride I enountered.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:23 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:02 pm

Wow they are definitely not wasting any time on the construction! Did no expect to see the building frame already going up. Thanks for the pictures!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:41 am

Liseberg has announced that the classic Schwartzkopf coaster Lisebergbanan has undergone a major refurbishment in the offseason and the ride will now feature new trains and a redesigned station with a new facade!

y6oh46yzzvbbtjsfhosk.jpg

The classic roller coaster “Lisebergbanan” gets a makeover this summer with brand new trains and new station area as well as new façade.

Lisebergbanan opened at Liseberg in 1987 and was specially created for the Liseberg hill by roller coaster legend Anton Schwartzkopf.

It is an all-time favourite for the whole family at Liseberg and for many guests a visit to Liseberg is not complete without it. The roller coaster is widely acclaimed as one of the best family rides in the world – and one of the best rides created by the Schwartzkopf factory.

After more than 30 seasons, the Lisebergbanan has undergone a major renovation, including brand new trains, a matching station area and new themed façade..

"Lisebergbanan is one of our most loved rides and it deserved some extra attention. The new trains and new surroundings will complete the feeling of a traditional, and exciting, train ride", says Andreas Andersen, CEO & President at Liseberg.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:34 am

I'm intrigued how the new trains will look, but I'm glad they're keeping this ride around for the long haul.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Valleyfair & Noah's Ark

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby dcxs » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:21 am

^I think those are the new trains in the picture above ;) Just a slight update.

Lisebergbanan is an awsome ride, hopefully this makes it a bit more smooth.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I wonder if they called up Gerstlauer to do the new trains. Whatever keeps these fantastic old Schwarzkopfs running well, I suppose!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:13 pm

A.J. wrote:I wonder if they called up Gerstlauer to do the new trains. Whatever keeps these fantastic old Schwarzkopfs running well, I suppose!

Gerstlauer were my first thought too. Changes to classic rides always make me a bit apprehensive, but it looks like they've done a great job here and I'm really happy to see they're investing in the coaster.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 pm

After spending my workweek in Oradea, Romania, I passed by Liseberg when doing my weekly shopping run.
Here are the photos:

Bild00001.jpg
The building for the new kanin attraction is taking shape

Bild00003.jpg

Bild00002.jpg
The station of the Lisebergbanan geting a facelift

Bild00004.jpg

Bild00005.jpg
All buildings are demolished..

Bild00006.jpg

Bild00007.jpg

Bild00008.jpg

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!