Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 944 - Copperhead Strike Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: HavenHamilton, kenban, Mario M., tndank, wsixflags and 39 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Front seat POV of Copperhead Strike! Enjoy, guys! :br

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

prozach626 wrote:That double-up launch combo looks great. I wouldn't want to be the type of enthusiast who bitches about Copperhead Strike. I don't understand the skeptics about this ride.

I loved Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Copperhead Strike looks like it has an even more exciting layout. If this rides anything like Icon, Carowinds has another win on their hands. I can't imagine how anyone could be skeptical, either.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CarolinaJay » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:
prozach626 wrote:That double-up launch combo looks great. I wouldn't want to be the type of enthusiast who bitches about Copperhead Strike. I don't understand the skeptics about this ride.

I loved Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Copperhead Strike looks like it has an even more exciting layout. If this rides anything like Icon, Carowinds has another win on their hands. I can't imagine how anyone could be skeptical, either.

Because a bunch of people expected this to be some super hyper launching coaster like Xcelerator or something lol. Like come on, look at the other videos of Mack launch coasters. Aside from Helix, Copperhead Strike is one of the better launcher layouts from them and it seems like it'll pack quite a punch.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Okay, this has me stoked. Never been to Carowinds, but this, combined with Fury , has convinced me I need to plan a trip there. Never had much desire to make a special trip there before. The park has really upped their game in recent years.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:30 pm

djcoastermark wrote:Okay, this has me stoked. Never been to Carowinds, but this, combined with Fury , has convinced me I need to plan a trip there. Never had much desire to make a special trip there before. The park has really upped their game in recent years.

Plus Afterburn is one of the best inverts!
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm

djcoastermark wrote:Okay, this has me stoked. Never been to Carowinds, but this, combined with Fury , has convinced me I need to plan a trip there. Never had much desire to make a special trip there before. The park has really upped their game in recent years.

add Intmidator (a fun, and different version than the KD one), and Afterburn (a fantastic suspended coaster) to your list as well.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 pm

I personally think Intimidator is the perfect coaster to take a nap on. But this looks like a blast!!! :br

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Oh this looks fun. I do really love these 'bit of everything' style layouts which mix inversions, twists and airtime hills.

Postby VF15 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 am

After seeing that POV, I’m a lot more excited to ride it in about two months. I doubt it’s going to top Fury but it’s looking to be a fantastic ride in its own right.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator - Gemini (tentative)

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:52 am

Freak accident at the park yesterday, as a maintenance worker lost his hand while inspecting wind seeker.
Worker's hand severed during ride inspection. I pray for this man, and hope he can recover from this.

[March 6, 2019] A contractor at the Carowinds theme park in Charlotte, N.C. was rushed to the hospital after severing his hand while inspecting a thrill ride ahead of the park’s reopening on March 23. At around 9:15am, the maintenance contractor, was checking a cable pulley inside the 'Windseeker' ride tower. Caleb Bryan was working at the base of the ride when he heard screaming and looked up to hear "my hand's cut off - it's bleeding everywhere, I'm scared, I need help real bad!’" A Carowinds official says the man was inspecting the Windseeker, a 301-foot-tall chair swing - the second tallest attraction at the park. “He had his hand on the pulley or something and the ride somehow got tripped and started pulling up and it caught his hand and it pulled it off or cut it off,” Bryan said. “He just kept saying ‘someone please hurry. I’m bleeding out.’”

Bryan says the worker was alone at the top of the ride. He was trapped for more than five minutes with his wound wrapped in a rag. “He was so high up, I think he started freaking out. I'm just glad he didn't pass out and bleed out.” Officials added that the contractor was rushed to the Carolinas Medical Center after being lowered to the ground.

Carowinds straddles the border of North and South Carolina. This ride is on the South Carolina side. The state agency that will inspect it before the park re-opens in a little over two weeks, saying: "This is a worker safety issue not a rider safety issue. The riding public would not be exposed to whatever hazard caused the worker to sustain a hand injury today. The ride passed inspection a year ago and the OSHA is on site investigating any violations that may have caused this incident. A report could take up to two months.

Story is from Amusement ride Accidents.

Link to the story on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/243034922463929/posts/1758055120961894/
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!