TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Can't wait for this! I'll be there March 22-23.

Also planning a week long trip to Florida in April and finishing up at Coaster Campout at Carowinds April 26-27. It's not much of a bargain, since we have platinum passes and meal plan, but the cool factor of camping out in a park and 1.5 hours of ERT on Copperhead Strike after park close should make it a cool experience. Anybody else ever done this one?

I was thinking about it... but oh lord are those tent spaces expensive!

It says ALL proceeds benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Softens the blow. If we have 4 people, it will be $62.50 each, mostly for perks we already get. It's more about the experience, really. This being NC, it could be 40° or 90° in April, though.

It's not my thing but it sounds like a great event and it's awesome that all of the money goes to charity.

pssssssst: If you can itemize then the fact that you can argue that many of the goods and services received in exchange for your donation hold no value to you is a good thing because you can deduct almost the entire cost if that's how you roll and you feel confident making that argument if need be. Oh and uh... this is not advice, disclaimer, disclaimer... blah blah blah. Don't listen to me.

Just an FYI, I checked with Carowinds and you can only pitch one tent, even though they give you a 12' x 12' space. If you take 4 people, you're going to need a big tent.

edited to add: The $250 price includes dinner, breakfast buffet, late night snack, ERT on Fury 325 and Copperhead Strike, and two full days admission to Carowinds and parking. Not really a bad deal for non-passholders/meal plan owners if you take 4 people.

We did Coaster Campout at Cedar Point last year. It was a blast and by far our favorite trip to the park. It's worth it for the experience. The only downside is that Carowinds isn't as large as Cedar Point, so spending two days there might get a little boring.

Wow! First, that music selection was sick as hell. It was so weird and kinda thrashy and technical-ish. Really cool drumming. NOT what I'd expect from a coaster video.

Second, that actually alleviates some of my concern. I kept telling myself the small/compact layout will work for its speed but I kept fearing itll be slow as hell...that does look like it whips over the hills and turns with more oomph than I expected! Cant wait to ride

^ Cedar Point is the only park to offer this perk that I am aware of (and it's for those with Platinum, and has to be done in-park). It's not on the benefits page for Carowinds and every park I've been to I've always asked and they look at me cluelessly. Even had them scan me at Dominion and the computer specifically said no discounts available for Fast Lane. Never hurts to try

^ Cedar Point is the only park to offer this perk that I am aware of (and it's for those with Platinum, and has to be done in-park). It's not on the benefits page for Carowinds and every park I've been to I've always asked and they look at me cluelessly. Even had them scan me at Dominion and the computer specifically said no discounts available for Fast Lane. Never hurts to try

Alright thank you very much!

POST REMOVED!!!

Once again, why do we have to keep reminding people to

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL TPR CAN POST OFFICIAL NEWS

Seriously, it doesn't make you look "cool" that you were the first to post something, it doesn't help in any way, it just make the admins have to do MORE WORK and hate you just a little bit more each time we have to write something like this.

Edited by robbalvey

That double-up launch combo looks great. I wouldn't want to be the type of enthusiast who bitches about Copperhead Strike. I don't understand the skeptics about this ride.

I agree. This coaster has a lot going for it, particularly the four major hang time moments (jojo roll, both loops, and top hat) as well as a sweet ejector hill, airtime hill launch, and super comfortable and open-air restraints. The theme and colors are also fantastic. I can’t wait to ride it sometime in the next couple years.

That double-up launch combo looks great. I wouldn't want to be the type of enthusiast who bitches about Copperhead Strike. I don't understand the skeptics about this ride.

Dude I've already seen so many people comment and complain about it haha. Like come on, this coaster wasn't meant to be no super balls to wall intense launch coaster and not every launch coaster has to be that.

Awesome. This has me officially impressed. The hills and turns look punchier than I expected. I am super curious what it will feel like to be accelerating over a hill. And yeah right into another and the top hat with hang time...deff a sweet section.

Enthusiasts are....ridiculous lol

Have realistic expectations. Ya know we should expect a top tier ride or the next maverick. Likewise just because something isn't that doesn't mean people should shred it, but they will.

I loved Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Copperhead Strike looks like it has an even more exciting layout. If this rides anything like Icon, Carowinds has another win on their hands. I can't imagine how anyone could be skeptical, either.

I loved Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and Copperhead Strike looks like it has an even more exciting layout. If this rides anything like Icon, Carowinds has another win on their hands. I can't imagine how anyone could be skeptical, either.

Because a bunch of people expected this to be some super hyper launching coaster like Xcelerator or something lol. Like come on, look at the other videos of Mack launch coasters. Aside from Helix, Copperhead Strike is one of the better launcher layouts from them and it seems like it'll pack quite a punch.