TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly it looks like a great ride, and Japan isn't used to having RMCs so it's a great first RMC for them. I think the locals will love it. If I go it'll likely be my favorite coaster at Nagashima SpaLand. They do have the most original RMC train design too in my opinion (the Gerstlauer RMC trains don't count). I do hope a few more parks in Japan/Asia install RMCs of some sort in the future.

Update:

(I couldn´t figure out how to embed, but here's the tweet)

0oUCnjr.png

Trackwork is finished and the finishing touches are being added. Assuming no further delays, Hakugei is Scheduled to open late March (no defnitive date yet).

Zero Car (2nd train is Red and Blue):

D1HEPRMU0AIkTKZ.jpg

Up close shot of the drop:

D1HEjzxU8AAuPUP.jpg

^If you miss all those massive helixes you can always go to Kings Island and ride The Beast.

This is true, lol. And I have ridden The Beast, long long ago.

But on several massive coasters in Japan I have ridden, that's all there is to them: many helixes, and not much more.

Funny how Hakugei is already testing when West Coast Racers hasn't even begun vertical construction yet.

To be fair, this ride has been under construction for almost, if not over a year. This is what it looked like in June of 2018 when we were last there, which is months before West Coast Racers was even announced.

If you're going to make a comparison like that, make sure it's apples to apples, because this is not.

DSC01845.thumb.JPG.d59bd3ec2b435c668ab0f027c4c229a2.JPG

Edited by robbalvey

Geez! How tall is that Ferris wheel?!?

It's Japan, home of the Giant Ferris Wheel

but as you can see in this pic (found online, not mine), it towered over the old White Cyclone, hence Robb getting that pic easily

20171109_054855_4ae02588_wh800.jpg

^^^^^^ My apologies... I understand the difference, just a little bit of satire.

Right, I get it. What I'm saying is that it would have been funny if both rides had either been announced or started construction at the same time, but that wasn't the case at all. Nagashima Spaland announced the closing of White Cyclone on October 8th, 2017, almost a year before West Coast Racers was even announced. So of course this ride would be opening before Magic Mountain's. Why would anyone have thought otherwise?

Perhaps maybe you should leave the comedy to the professionals...

Edited by robbalvey

[youtu_be]
[/youtu_be]

Two things:

1. That looks pretty kick-ass to me, and that footage is TERRIBLE, so WTF were people complaining about???

2. Why is it that we can NEVER get good "first run" testing footage of a coaster? It's always some horrible super dark partially obstructed shaky cam blurry crappy footage like as though they are flashing back to 1999's Blair Witch Project. Clearly this person was waiting for it to test so they could post it.... why couldn't they have at least done a "good job" getting footage??? I mean, pretty much any 12 year old I know with a phone knows how to take decent video these days... /end rant.

Edited by robbalvey

The footage sucks but the ride sure looks like it doesn't! That first drop tho!

Does Spaland typically post POVs of their rides? Like, we already have a full POV for Copperhead Strike, so I am just wondering if we can expect the same with this thing or if we'll have to wait until opening.

Does Spaland typically post POVs of their rides? Like, we already have a full POV for Copperhead Strike, so I am just wondering if we can expect the same with this thing or if we'll have to wait until opening.

I've already asked them and they said it may be a little while. We're actually going to be in Japan when this ride opens in a few weeks, but for an actual "vacation" not a coaster trip. We won't make it out to Nagashima Spaland until our 2nd Japan trip this year in October. So we'll most certainly get a POV then! I know some people "cannot wait" but please only post a POV here if it is an official park POV on the official park or news channel, otherwise you'll just have to wait for TPR's POV in October!

Edited by robbalvey

They also have a gigantic swinging ship that might...be the world's largest?

I think Everland has the same giant double ship model, they only run one ship these days but the number of people one ship can fit is huge.

P1160965.thumb.jpg.f0dc1825d23e5c7edbf3eef268c8fbd9.jpg

P1160968.thumb.jpg.5b6b65baa0574392f696ab6d49a42835.jpg

^ And by the time they emptied it out, filled it back up, and then started running it.....one swing was enough for me, and it was so meh high in the high swings. And I remember it was only about 4 swings and it was done. I rode Spaland's in 2007. And yes, even back then, they only ran one of them, even with big queues filled up.

The regular sized ones do sooo much better in their swinging. Of course, we went before or after the summer months, so maybe then they run both of them, then. But not all year it appears.