Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm

That Purple - Pops - Pretty - Pleasingly. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Love the new paint! Looks very Roman with the purple and gold.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby stevenamos » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Steve here from Give Kids The World! Thank you so much for being such strong supporters of Coasting For Kids over the years! We are hosting our first event of the year at Busch Gardens Williamsburg with an incredible ERT schedule:

7:30am - Registration
8:00am - Reception with light refreshments
8:30am-10:00am - Exclusive Ride Time on Loch Ness Monster
9:00am-10:00am - Exclusive Ride Time on Griffon and Alpengeist
9:30am-10:00am - Exclusive Ride Time on Invadr
9:55am-10:00am - Exclusive First Ride on Verbolten
10:00am - All-day access to Busch Gardens Willamsburg

Theme Park Review (Team TPR) Link: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?team_id=6867&pg=team&fr_id=1872

Look forward to meeting you all - I'll be at almost all 16 of them events this year - woohoo!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:49 pm

I am coming to Busch Gardens on Sunday, June 16th. I am a newbie to this park, but I already know to go to Tempesto first. Any other tips would be greatly obliged, such as Quick Queue, and food options.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Dombot » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Looks great! Apollo did look pretty faded when I visited the park in June, good to see the park giving it some love. =)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:20 pm

GnastyGnoric7 wrote:I am coming to Busch Gardens on Sunday, June 16th. I am a newbie to this park, but I already know to go to Tempesto first. Any other tips would be greatly obliged, such as Quick Queue, and food options.

The areas (countries) don't all open at once. When we went, Festa Italia was the next to last area to open at 10:30 a.m, IIRC. So you'll want to check the schedule before you try to rush to Tempesto first. I'm pretty sure it was on the park map we picked up at the entrance.

We ate at the Trapper's Smokehouse in New France and the $16 sampler was enough for my daughter and I. In our limited experience on an overcast Wednesday in August, the only terrible lines were for Invadr and Verbolten. I stayed on Griffon for 7 laps at one point. We got so many coaster rides that we actually did the Skyride and the train just to take a break.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:34 pm

Yeah Tempesto opens at like midnight, just go to Invadr and Griffon first.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:16 am

prozach626 wrote:Is the park pretty crowded on the first weekend of the food and wine festival? Will Le Scoot be open this time of year?

This will probably be our last trip to BGW for quite a while and it's one of our favorites. It's our fourth visit in the past few years, but we've never been during an event. Will we benefit from getting Quick Queue, or are we talking a complete waste of money? Our max wait time before purchasing fast passes is usually 15-20 minutes.

Will Le Scoot typically be open this time of year?

Thanks.

Can anyone help me out?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:03 am

I’m visiting Busch Gardens Tampa on March 23, opening weekend, for Coasting for Kids. How much crowds should I expect? What are some great things to do there besides the coaster creds (I’m shooting to ride the train and skyride because I love those things :b). But I know as soon as I say this everyone will hate me, but I’m not going for Team TPR... I’m going for someone else :?r
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby defrocker » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:18 am

prozach626 wrote:
prozach626 wrote:Is the park pretty crowded on the first weekend of the food and wine festival? Will Le Scoot be open this time of year?

This will probably be our last trip to BGW for quite a while and it's one of our favorites. It's our fourth visit in the past few years, but we've never been during an event. Will we benefit from getting Quick Queue, or are we talking a complete waste of money? Our max wait time before purchasing fast passes is usually 15-20 minutes.

Will Le Scoot typically be open this time of year?

Thanks.

Can anyone help me out?

We have gone the last couple years in early June and we have never had any issues with the crowd. I feel like Le Scoot is hit or miss on being open. The food and wine festival itself is fantastic. The booths do not open until noon so you have time to rope-drop the park and do a lap hitting all of the coasters then transition into Eat-and-drink-so-much-that-you-can't-see-straight mode. So long as you get your Tempesto and InvadR rides in early, I would not give quick queue a thought at all. Enjoy yourself, though it's hard not to at BGW, and this event makes the park that much better IMO.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!