TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Erik & Smisty at the Mall of America

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. . I'm gonna have nightmares from the American Girl Cafe pictures now!

Some of our friends have been trying to get us to go to the one here and I just think it's way too creepy! Would love some captions to know more about what Erik and Smisty thought about it!

Some of our friends have been trying to get us to go to the one here and I just think it's way too creepy! Would love some captions to know more about what Erik and Smisty thought about it!

the screen-shot of Chris in the Sunken Place from "Get Out" kinda tells me all I need to know!

(tho the . . . strawberry shortcake dessert (???) looks good).

Edited by bert425

Don't worry, it will be closing this March (2019) so your nightmares will be over soon. Surprised they announced it is closing, the place always seemed like it had people in the store.

Quoth the Smisty: "I'm sorry for every other time I said I was cold. I was wrong."

Yes.....you were. But thank you for acknowledging it! It gets so tiresome for us living here to hear from West Coasters and Southerners who say, "...it was 49 F and so cold out today...". You people have no idea what cold really is. Zero is where is starts to get cold, you should try -30 F some time. Now THAT is cold.

Have to admit, this TR loses a little something without the commentary but the collage does a great job of explaining your day. Looks like you had fun so thanks for posting.

How is it that you put no captions in this report yet somehow managed to tell a compelling story?

Thank you. That was exactly the goal. Sorry to those who miss the more direct commentary--just experimenting a bit with the form.

In my own opinion, my photography is nothing special. If I have a strength, it's storytelling.

As for American Girl, all I knew was that they sold dolls and had a cafe with an interesting dessert menu. I mean, I expected it to be both frilly and creepy--and wanted to experience that--but I never expected the hostess to ask us this question: "And would you like a doll friend to join you?"

Best single post pic collage TR ever! Hope you had fun in Fly Over America. A year ago I connected through Minneapolis Airport on my way to Miami and it was 4ºF outside of MSP and 77ºF when I landed in FLL. Hopefully I'll eventually get to check out the Mall of America, it looks like there's a lot of fun things to do there.

Mall of America has so much more to offer than I ever realized. What a fantastic picture book of a report! This trip report could be spread to forums across the world and I think everyone would be able to follow along. Well done.