TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Was at the park yesterday for a brief afternoon. I expected a bit of a hefty crowd with it being President's Day and all, but it was actually not too bad. Longest I waited for anything was about 40 for Cheetah Hunt, and that's more than fine. Some other thoughts/observations;

-Kumba is actually being repainted! I actually wasn't aware of this. I thought that they were just doing routine maintenance, but holy cow what a welcome improvement. They've made a lot of progress on it, I thing the most they had done was the dive loop and the dive into the final tunnel. It's more of a bright blue than a green this time around, and it honestly looks fantastic. Nice to see the ol' thing get some love.

-Tigris looks fantastic inside the park. So much cooler to look at than Tidal Wave. The color scheme is fantastic, and it just looks perfect for the ride's skyline. People are gonna eat this thing up, and honestly my only concern is where Tempesto's gonna go in my rankings once this opens.

-They're working on Gwazi crazy fast. Half of the Tiger side's old lift hill is pretty much gone, and from what I could see, the track on basically all of the second half of one side is no more. So excited for the white truck to pull into the park. Praise Alan Schilke.

^Great to hear about all the improvements! I hope they fix the jack-hammering on Kumba after the MCBR while they're at it.

A media invite has gone out for this day teasing a big announcement. We will be there to cover what is assumed to be the RMC Gwazi announcement.

Great news! I'm glad the speculation will be resolved soon, unless they don't show the layout and ride specs, in which case the speculation will continue.

The new Critters Inn Charge show at the Pantopia Theater has debuted at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay! The Pantopia Theater previously hosted the Opening Night Critters show and before that, it was a 4D theater showing R.L. Stine's The Haunted Lighthouse when it debuted and later Pirates 4D and Sesame Street 4D.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/shows/critters-inn-charge/

105046244_2019_BuschGardensTampaBay_Shows_CrittersInnCharge_GirlWithDog_1900x700(1).thumb.jpg.ca63d0a658e0acec8ab5a558bd23ed83.jpg

CHECK-IN TO THE ALL-NEW CRITTERS INN CHARGE SHOW AT PANTOPIA THEATER

It’s a big day at Critters Inn - where rescued dogs, cats, birds and more run the show!

The staff are preparing for a Conservation Celebration, including a special VIP mystery guest. Some of Busch Gardens’ most famous animal ambassadors will make a surprise appearance for the finale of each show. From flamingos and sloths to aardvarks and toucans, you never know who will stop by! Be sure to check-in at the Pantopia Theater to check out all the fun with fan-favorite furry and feathered friends.

When the show is over, stick around for a chance to meet the actors, trainers, and some of the cast of critters who make this a can’t-miss performance.

• 25 Minutes of Mischief
  • 20 Rescued Dogs
  • 20 Rescued Cats
  • 30+ Feathered Friends
  • 1 Mystery VIP Guest

^I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, I mean, they are opening a DIFFERENT new coaster this year. I don't know how smart it would be to talk about how great NEXT years coaster will be?!?

I don't think that's an issue from the passholder side of things considering that SeaWorld Parks is pushing really hard for their monthly payment plans. But from the tourist / vacation side of things, I completely agree with you, especially this early in the "traditional" season.

I love the Busch / SeaWorld pet shows. My gut tells me that this is more-or-less the same show but I'm still glad that they're switching it up a little and keeping it fresh.

I remember these shows going all the way back to the Sea World Ohio days. They were amazing and always well done. Always loved how all the animals were obtained from shelters and were deemed "un-trainable."

"Rumor" is it will have a reptile theme...something crocodile themed perhaps? With Walkabout Way nearby, I could see them merge it with RMC Gwazi & the rest of Bird Gardens for a full Australian themed land. Just wishful thinking.

In case anyone didn't see the news that just dropped.

Busch Garden's Tampa making what everyone already knew official!!

FUCK YES!!!!!!

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/roller-coasters/2020/

<iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WhQHHUM-thA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I MAY HAVE TO MOVE TO TAMPA!!!

Eh they were really light on the details, but this is amazing news. BGT is a huge draw to Tampa now.

Busch Gardens was always a draw to Tampa. The new coaster is a world-class addition to a park...that already has several world-class coasters. It's not about Busch Gardens suddenly becoming amazing, it's about an already awesome park getting even better.