Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby i305isdaddy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:15 am

This is the first Intamin coaster with a vertical drop track, correct?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:30 am

No, Thirteen at Alton Towers does, plus Inferno at Cinecittà World.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am

Intamin invented the element with Thirteen, Zierer adapted it for rides like Verbolten and Polar X-plorer

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Ahh, yes.... the always over-hyped, always under-whelming drop track feature. Yeah, this coaster has a lot of things going for it!!! :lol: :lmao: :Pr

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TrippinBillie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:08 pm

robbalvey wrote:
JimmyBo wrote:I'm excited to see this coaster once it opens. My wife and I will be in Orlando in September so we may have to swing by IOA to ride this thing. Funny thing is, I showed my wife a picture of Elissa in the side car on the ride at Australia and asked her if she remembered that ride when we went on the TPR Australia tour. She said "We didn't ride that ride. I would have remembered riding it." Then I showed her some pictures from the TPR Index Page and you can see us riding it!! :lmao: I guess it was such a great experience, she blocked it from her memory.

Look, not gonna lie - Every "motorbike" coaster I've ridden... EXCEPT FOR TRON, has been kind of a "meh" and "forgettable" experience. Maybe Universal can pull it off, I'm not sure, but I'm still not quite over them removing Dueling Dragons and I won't be by the time this opens either, so this ride has a LOT to live up to. And considering I'm not a "Harry Potter Person" either, this coaster has to be one of the best damn things I've ever ridden for it to honestly impress me.

We shall see....

Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster :airtime:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:51 pm

TrippinBillie wrote:Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster :airtime:

Yes and no. You have to understand that "Dueling Dragons being removed" isn't just about a park knocking down a ride. It goes much deeper than that and is a discussion a lot longer than I have the time for at the moment...
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:51 pm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby MartinU » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 am

robbalvey wrote:
TrippinBillie wrote:Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster :airtime:

Yes and no. You have to understand that "Dueling Dragons being removed" isn't just about a park knocking down a ride. It goes much deeper than that and is a discussion a lot longer than I have the time for at the moment...

I genuinely am looking forward to hearing this. (And then watching people get roasted as they complain to Robb's well thought out argument)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:55 am

robbalvey wrote:

What, are you saying that it isn't worth being stripsearched to ride a slightly better themed version of Cheetah Hunt?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:16 am

It's come to my attention that I'm somehow the resident Butterbeer-sipping Universal fanboy and I have no clue how that happened. I kind of hate myself for it. :lol:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

coasterbill wrote:It's come to my attention that I'm somehow the resident Butterbeer-sipping Universal fanboy and I have no clue how that happened. I kind of hate myself for it. :lol:

Dude, I historically loved Universal Orlando more than WDW. But I haven't been back since they put in the metal detectors to get into Citywalk *and* on the coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!