TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

I'm excited to see this coaster once it opens. My wife and I will be in Orlando in September so we may have to swing by IOA to ride this thing. Funny thing is, I showed my wife a picture of Elissa in the side car on the ride at Australia and asked her if she remembered that ride when we went on the TPR Australia tour. She said "We didn't ride that ride. I would have remembered riding it." Then I showed her some pictures from the TPR Index Page and you can see us riding it!! I guess it was such a great experience, she blocked it from her memory.

Jimmy "I'm sort of excited about Universal......sort of...." Bo

I'm excited to see this coaster once it opens. My wife and I will be in Orlando in September so we may have to swing by IOA to ride this thing. Funny thing is, I showed my wife a picture of Elissa in the side car on the ride at Australia and asked her if she remembered that ride when we went on the TPR Australia tour. She said "We didn't ride that ride. I would have remembered riding it." Then I showed her some pictures from the TPR Index Page and you can see us riding it!! I guess it was such a great experience, she blocked it from her memory.

Look, not gonna lie - Every "motorbike" coaster I've ridden... EXCEPT FOR TRON, has been kind of a "meh" and "forgettable" experience. Maybe Universal can pull it off, I'm not sure, but I'm still not quite over them removing Dueling Dragons and I won't be by the time this opens either, so this ride has a LOT to live up to. And considering I'm not a "Harry Potter Person" either, this coaster has to be one of the best damn things I've ever ridden for it to honestly impress me.

We shall see....

Edited by robbalvey

I think this will be something Potter fans will love, but us coaster nerds will be bummed the experience isn’t as good as dueling dragons.

Universal has to milk that cash cow for all it’s worth.

Look, not gonna lie - Every "motorbike" coaster I've ridden... EXCEPT FOR TRON, has been kind of a "meh" and "forgettable" experience. Maybe Universal can pull it off, I'm not sure, but I'm still not quite over them removing Dueling Dragons and I won't be by the time this opens either, so this ride has a LOT to live up to. And considering I'm not a "Harry Potter Person" either, this coaster has to be one of the best damn things I've ever ridden for it to honestly impress me.

We shall see....

Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster

Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster

Yes and no. You have to understand that "Dueling Dragons being removed" isn't just about a park knocking down a ride. It goes much deeper than that and is a discussion a lot longer than I have the time for at the moment...

Edited by robbalvey

Yes and no. You have to understand that "Dueling Dragons being removed" isn't just about a park knocking down a ride. It goes much deeper than that and is a discussion a lot longer than I have the time for at the moment...

I genuinely am looking forward to hearing this. (And then watching people get roasted as they complain to Robb's well thought out argument)

giphy.gif

What, are you saying that it isn't worth being stripsearched to ride a slightly better themed version of Cheetah Hunt?

It's come to my attention that I'm somehow the resident Butterbeer-sipping Universal fanboy and I have no clue how that happened. I kind of hate myself for it.

Dude, I historically loved Universal Orlando more than WDW. But I haven't been back since they put in the metal detectors to get into Citywalk *and* on the coasters.

I don't like the policy but I guess we're just conditioned to it with El Toro / Kingda Ka / Nor Easter / Steel Vengeance last year. Plus, there's only really one good ride that has a metal detector right now (since Rip Ride Rockit is... well... Rip Ride Rockit) and we usually only ride it once since big unthemed B&Ms aren't really high on our hit-list at Universal.

Everybody's different though. If I were a local or I spent more time riding the coasters I would definitely care more.

What, are you saying that it isn't worth being stripsearched to ride a slightly better themed version of Cheetah Hunt?

Agree about the strip-searching. But I'm pretty sure the JP one is supposed to be more like Maverick.

This is the only time I can think of where people aren't happy with a B&M being replaced by an Intamin. I'm curious to see how this turns out though. Hopefully its really well themed and the ride is a decent length.

This isn't really B&M or Intamin's fault though. The park designed the ride and hired the ride manufacture and is delivering exactly what the park wanted. I think if the park had ordered an "Expedition GeForce Clone" I might think slightly differently about all of this!

This is the only time I can think of where people aren't happy with a B&M being replaced by an Intamin. I'm curious to see how this turns out though. Hopefully its really well themed and the ride is a decent length.

This might have something to do with the fact that this is the only time a B&M has been replaced by an Intamin.

EDIT: Just checked RCDB. This is actually one of only 2-3 times a coaster has replaced a B&M period, the other two being Iron Wolf and maybe Chang (not sure where in KK Chang was, so IDK if a coaster has "replaced" it).

^ Um....weren't/aren't they all steel coasters?

Otherwise, I do not understand the reference.

By the way, the landscaping for this thing should make it totally

"impossible to see anything for the trees/forest". I hope.

Like The Beast. But "planned forestation." Which makes visiting in say.... Late 2024,

(for our plans) is more to see all that growth, since this year's Opening.