TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

will prob not happen but imagen a woodie through and around the zoo, theres some pretty nice formed terrain aswell for some serious airtime, but im not complaining at all if they get a wood coaster, not many other uk parks are getting them and the only other uk park that is getting one looks pretty bad, forceless and a small version of mean streak.

Low to the ground airtime hills and i think alot of people will be happy

Not a lot of news from Flamingoland on anything new for 2015. Maybe they will not need planning permission if its a Corkscrew replacement.

Stu K

I don't think there will be anything new this year, with the rumoured wood coaster coming next year that is likely to be on the Corkscrew site.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if something Like Rocky Mountains Goliath would be within flamingolands budget. I know most UK parks fear the up keep of woodies. I for one wood (pun intended) Be very Very Happy.

Stu K

If they can't maintain a Zamperla Volare for more than 2 years, I'm not confident they could maintain a woodie full stop!

Your kidding me right? They had an issue with rides that most parks have at some points with something falling off a train. I didn't hear people going "Oh Thorpe Park can't maintain rides anymore" after things fell of Rush and Swarm. Its just an unfortunate incident that happened. Im pretty sure they could maintain a woodie quite easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Im starting to think flamingo land will get a woodie, However i think they will be another steel before the wooden or maybe a hybrid track to make the upkeep lower. Im thinking RMC as they are mega cheap and very reliable with a good safety record. The park have a really good saftey record, Apart from the well exaggerated hero accident were she used fake blood on her hair to get into local media. Point is RMC hybrid = marketing dream for UK as they (1) Look good (2) can be very compact (3) None of them in uk (And flamingo seem to add alot of UK firsts lately (First zamperla flying, First el loco, First moto launched coaster, First vertical swings, First disk-o (in the world),first combo tower and custom SLC) I still think they would get a clone of tempesto (Im not saying the standard version as i think Flamingo land would get the shoulder bar version due to the UK and how they describe stuff. UK Media described the swarm as unsafe when they found out about the vest so im guessing they would take note to avoid negative media. I also think they would get a 3 train version because the park is getting more and more popular lately due having the most coasters in the UK (Blackpool does not count as "5" of them should be 2 as they are the same) Not gunna go into that but apart from that, They are drawed with alton when the smiler is not SBNO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Im starting to think flamingo land will get a woodie, However i think they will be another steel before the wooden or maybe a hybrid track to make the upkeep lower. Im thinking RMC as they are mega cheap and very reliable with a good safety record. The park have a really good saftey record, Apart from the well exaggerated hero accident were she used fake blood on her hair to get into local media. Point is RMC hybrid = marketing dream for UK as they (1) Look good (2) can be very compact (3) None of them in uk (And flamingo seem to add alot of UK firsts lately (First zamperla flying, First el loco, First moto launched coaster, First vertical swings, First disk-o (in the world),first combo tower and custom SLC) I still think they would get a clone of tempesto (Im not saying the standard version as i think Flamingo land would get the shoulder bar version due to the UK and how they describe stuff. UK Media described the swarm as unsafe when they found out about the vest so im guessing they would take note to avoid negative media. I also think they would get a 3 train version because the park is getting more and more popular lately due having the most coasters in the UK (Blackpool does not count as "5" of them should be 2 as they are the same) Not gunna go into that but apart from that, They are drawed with alton when the smiler is not SBNO.

I totally agree as it all points to a woodie

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

So... the Hopi Hari Intamin 10 inversion coaster finally found it's home. The coaster was sitting in storage since 2011 when the park had financial issues and couldn't afford to assemble it, then it was bought by a business man that sold it to a park in Malaysia where the coaster couldn't be constructed also, so it has been recently bought by Flamingo Land and is set to open next year. The construction is moving very quickly. Some photos released by the park on twitter:

EKI8z03WkAEifAK?format=jpg&name=medium

EK4QwQNXUAA9Gd5?format=jpg&name=900x900

ELu8UKyW4AYh_cL?format=jpg&name=medium