Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby jlp94 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Yay for trains!! =)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 pm

jlp94 wrote:Yay for trains!! =)

*train
(there's only one)
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:20 am

Was at the park yesterday for a brief afternoon. I expected a bit of a hefty crowd with it being President's Day and all, but it was actually not too bad. Longest I waited for anything was about 40 for Cheetah Hunt, and that's more than fine. Some other thoughts/observations;

-Kumba is actually being repainted! I actually wasn't aware of this. I thought that they were just doing routine maintenance, but holy cow what a welcome improvement. They've made a lot of progress on it, I thing the most they had done was the dive loop and the dive into the final tunnel. It's more of a bright blue than a green this time around, and it honestly looks fantastic. Nice to see the ol' thing get some love.

-Tigris looks fantastic inside the park. So much cooler to look at than Tidal Wave. The color scheme is fantastic, and it just looks perfect for the ride's skyline. People are gonna eat this thing up, and honestly my only concern is where Tempesto's gonna go in my rankings once this opens. :lol:

-They're working on Gwazi crazy fast. Half of the Tiger side's old lift hill is pretty much gone, and from what I could see, the track on basically all of the second half of one side is no more. So excited for the white truck to pull into the park. Praise Alan Schilke.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:59 am

^Great to hear about all the improvements! I hope they fix the jack-hammering on Kumba after the MCBR while they're at it.
SharkTums wrote:A media invite has gone out for this day teasing a big announcement. We will be there to cover what is assumed to be the RMC Gwazi announcement.

Great news! I'm glad the speculation will be resolved soon, unless they don't show the layout and ride specs, in which case the speculation will continue.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:47 am

The new Critters Inn Charge show at the Pantopia Theater has debuted at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay! The Pantopia Theater previously hosted the Opening Night Critters show and before that, it was a 4D theater showing R.L. Stine's The Haunted Lighthouse when it debuted and later Pirates 4D and Sesame Street 4D.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/shows/critters-inn-charge/

2019_BuschGardensTampaBay_Shows_CrittersInnCharge_GirlWithDog_1900x700 (1).jpg

CHECK-IN TO THE ALL-NEW CRITTERS INN CHARGE SHOW AT PANTOPIA THEATER

It’s a big day at Critters Inn - where rescued dogs, cats, birds and more run the show!

The staff are preparing for a Conservation Celebration, including a special VIP mystery guest. Some of Busch Gardens’ most famous animal ambassadors will make a surprise appearance for the finale of each show. From flamingos and sloths to aardvarks and toucans, you never know who will stop by! Be sure to check-in at the Pantopia Theater to check out all the fun with fan-favorite furry and feathered friends.

When the show is over, stick around for a chance to meet the actors, trainers, and some of the cast of critters who make this a can’t-miss performance.

• 25 Minutes of Mischief
  • 20 Rescued Dogs
  • 20 Rescued Cats
  • 30+ Feathered Friends
  • 1 Mystery VIP Guest
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:15 am

I love the Busch / SeaWorld pet shows. My gut tells me that this is more-or-less the same show but I'm still glad that they're switching it up a little and keeping it fresh.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 am

Awesome! Good to hear that they finally opened the new show.

Now bring back KaTonga. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 am

Hey guys, guess what day it is?! RMC Gwazi announcement day!! :b :b :b :b :b :b =) I am so happy for my former home park, let’s hope we get more than a teaser.
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:26 am

^I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, I mean, they are opening a DIFFERENT new coaster this year. I don't know how smart it would be to talk about how great NEXT years coaster will be?!?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:03 am

SharkTums wrote:^I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, I mean, they are opening a DIFFERENT new coaster this year. I don't know how smart it would be to talk about how great NEXT years coaster will be?!?

I don't think that's an issue from the passholder side of things considering that SeaWorld Parks is pushing really hard for their monthly payment plans. But from the tourist / vacation side of things, I completely agree with you, especially this early in the "traditional" season.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!