TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Hey all - headed to the park tomorrow. Should I get any of the Quick Queue? I’m headed with my grandpa who refuses to leave the condo before 10am (so won’t get in till 11/1115). Wanted to be there at open, but oh well. Just wondering what lines and such I should expect. Thanks!

Hey all - headed to the park tomorrow. Should I get any of the Quick Queue? I’m headed with my grandpa who refuses to leave the condo before 10am (so won’t get in till 11/1115). Wanted to be there at open, but oh well. Just wondering what lines and such I should expect. Thanks!

The only wait I can think will be of any length is Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse, and even then they'll never reach half an hour. The B&Ms are always a walk-on on weekdays. Have fun!

The Tigris River is a major river in Africa

This is factually wrong. Why wouldn't you look this up before you posted?

Chill dude, no need to be like that. But you're right, I did make an error, and I'll give it up to you for that. My bad. I'll admit when I'm wrong.

Yeah man, I'ma be like what continent rivers are on. That's my hill to die on.

Can You Name a Country? - YouTube

Thanks so much!!!

The only wait I can think will be of any length is Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse, and even then they'll never reach half an hour. The B&Ms are always a walk-on on weekdays. Have fun!

The Tigris River is a major river in Africa

This is factually wrong. Why wouldn't you look this up before you posted?

Chill dude, no need to be like that. But you're right, I did make an error, and I'll give it up to you for that. My bad. I'll admit when I'm wrong.

Yeah man, I'ma be like what continent rivers are on. That's my hill to die on.

Can You Name a Country? - YouTube

More like this:

And Kumba is down for refurb until 3/2 so keep that in mind also.

Oh dang, thanks for the heads up. No offense to the park but if that's closed that's a no go.

Well works out anyway, Id not go without those 2 rides. Not sure I'llmake it this year but if not 2020 is the biggie anyway

Was at the park all day. Cheetah Hunt was a posted 5 min wait. Crazy good time to go, despite Kumba being closed. Beautiful day and fun all around; walked on everything and stayed on for a couple laps here and there on some rides.

Being on Falcon, you can get a great vantage point on the RMC work. They're really getting after it there in the Gwazi area! Cannot WAIT till that is done. Once that RMC is in place there, do they take the title for best coaster lineup (not CP)?

Once that RMC is in place there, do they take the title for best coaster lineup (not CP)?

I mean... there are tangible records that can be broken with roller coasters, but is there really a definition for "best?" Isn't "best" all about your preferences? There are a lot of other parks that are in the same coaster lineup ballpark as BGT.

^ same. No Kumba, I'll wait to visit until it's open again. Busch is a fantastic park all around and I'm sure I could have a lovely time without riding it...but that zero g is bliss.

David

Indeed. Wonderful park for sure but it struck me as better for groups/families and not so much a purely park experience. Like I went solo for a few hours, the goal then is just to ride and there's not exactly a lot of rides (and sadly 2 were closed including Falcon's Fury ) and while they have good diversity of coasters its not thrill seeker skewed. This will be changing over the next 2 years, will deff be the best park in FL imo (well it already is for me, just it'll be better)

Yeah Kumba was nuts. I didn't expect much but good lord that was such a forceful intense ride, like from start of drop to the brakes. Shame B&M don't make em like that anymore. I also heard about it "showing its age" but even in back row I found it very smooth still.

Even with the RMC I don't think Id give BGT the best non CP lineup, (prozach is right its entirely personal) but it'll be up there in my book.

Once that RMC is in place there, do they take the title for best coaster lineup (not CP)?

I mean... there are tangible records that can be broken with roller coasters, but is there really a definition for "best?" Isn't "best" all about your preferences? There are a lot of other parks that are in the same coaster lineup ballpark as BGT.

Sure, that's fair. I just meant.....they'll have a multi launch intamin, a record breaking RMC, a B&M Dive, a REALLY forceful B&M invert, arguably the best B&M coaster out there in Kumba, a mack spinner, a Sky Rocket and a Schwartzkof (spelling). To me, I can't think of a park with that sort of kick ass-ness and diversity in portfolio of coasters.

^I agree with you. I've never been to the park, but adding a solid Premier coaster and an RMC to an already incredible B&M trio and several middle ground coasters like Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Scorpion, along with arguably one of the best drop towers out there... dang, I gotta get down there in 2020! Time to contact my cousins in Orlando! lol

A media invite has gone out for this day teasing a big announcement. We will be there to cover what is assumed to be the RMC Gwazi announcement.

cool. .can't wait to hear any specifics they might announce!

^I agree with you. I've never been to the park, but adding a solid Premier coaster and an RMC to an already incredible B&M trio and several middle ground coasters like Cheetah Hunt, Cobra's Curse, and Scorpion, along with arguably one of the best drop towers out there... dang, I gotta get down there in 2020! Time to contact my cousins in Orlando! lol

It is a fantastic park already and these 2 additions will make it even better. BGT is a good park if you like a mix of rides, animals, atmosphere and tasty food. So excited for the upcoming announcement.