TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

I'm really liking this Orange color - all the prior pics looked more yellow. Likely this is just primer, but i really do think this looks so much better Orange than Yellow.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know if it was a filter or what. It looks much better in orange than yellow, in my opinion.

When I saw the original rendering I thought it was one of the ugliest coasters I've ever seen. I was hoping it would turn out to look much better in reality. That seems to be the case so far.

LOL you guys. Those supports are as yellow as the yellow of everyone's text on here, only that one last photo makes the supports look orange. The supports are definitely yellow.

Here:

dy-3zxgxcaadtea.jpg

Vest = orange

Support = yellow

LOL you guys. Those supports are as yellow as the yellow of everyone's text on here, only that one last photo makes the supports look orange. The supports are definitely yellow.

Hah. I figured it had to be a filter. Looked way better in orange, though...

Hah. I figured it had to be a filter. Looked way better in orange, though...

For a second I thought you were saying there was a new word filter involving yellow supports, and I got really confused

I was gunna say there's no way it would be orange, the entire point of this ride, which is part of a whole new area, is the Steelers, so it has to be yellow lol Ugly or not and Im no Steelers fan it kinda has to be black and yellow

But nice wishful thinking ha

Interesting little tid bit from Kennywood's Facebook. They are starting all new team members out at $1.40 more per hour and giving all other employees a raise. I am assuming they were not being paid too, too well before. But $1.40 is a fairly significant increase honestly. I'm sure it won't be a complete game changer for operations or anything. but it is certainly a sign of the park's success.

Here is a comparison of last year's rates and this year's rates. I think they probably had to do something after all of the issues with being short staffed last year and to be competitive with other businesses in the area. (Lifeguards and bartenders are in reference to Sandcastle Waterpark and Idlewild).

2018.thumb.jpg.dd429a0fe7f255bd7ff8e7c396610cbf.jpg

2018 Pay Rates

2019.thumb.jpg.2877dac529dfb181fd5a27ed833b268a.jpg

2019 Pay Rates

Here is a comparison of last year's rates and this year's rates. I think they probably had to do something after all of the issues with being short staffed last year and to be competitive with other businesses in the area. (Lifeguards and bartenders are in reference to Sandcastle Waterpark and Idlewild).

[attachment=0]2018.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]2019.jpg[/attachment]

Wait, so they paid children less than minimum wage? I know its rural Pennsylvania, but how is that legal?

Wait, so they paid children less than minimum wage? I know its rural Pennsylvania, but how is that legal?

There is a exemption from minimum wage for recreational and seasonal businesses. Whether someone is for it or against it, it is the current law on the books. However, just a couple hours up the road we operate in the same way, and the lowest paying jobs for 14-15 year olds have by far the most applicants. Go figure.