TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ When I said "scenes" I was talking more about the ride film itself, and if "a scene unique to Tokyo Disney Resort" is correct then they're probably just changing the ending like they did for EPCOT.

The queue, on the other hand? Yes, that certainly looks gorgeous, as per the usual standard.

^ Understood. And I agree about that "new scene".

Probably flying over the Resort itself, before "landing."

I also note, that since (probably) over 80% (?) of the locals

who see this attraction, will have never seen the DCA or EPCOT one.

And that's okay. (SPOILER!)

To see the Eiffel Tower again, like I saw it in DCA....mmmmm yes.

We were excited for this ride mainly because it would drop the lines for other attractions at DisneySea but with all of these details KT is now going to make us stand in line because A) she loves the SEA storyline and B) she loves birds of prey and C) this ride has both!

I can understand why KT is interested. The theming sounds pretty cool (leave it to DisneySea).

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

Okay, with that out of the way, I may actually be making the trip out to Japan next year, which means Tokyo Disney Resort may be happening in 2020. TDS has been at the top of my bucket list since I was like nine years old. I'm so excited.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.

Okay, with that out of the way, I may actually be making the trip out to Japan next year, which means Tokyo Disney Resort may be happening in 2020. TDS has been at the top of my bucket list since I was like nine years old. I'm so excited.

ah, to be young. . .

(Tokyo DisneyLand/DisneySea has been top of my bucketlist since the year it opened)

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the park while it was snowing last Monday, and it was honestly one of the most magical experiences I've ever had! It was the first time in years I felt that same childlike wonder of seeing the snowfall on a school night!! I filmed quite a bit and my buddy ElToroRyan is gonna edit it and upload it to youtube eventually! But I wanna share some pics since I feel like some of y'all would love to see them!

CB139674-F49B-4C17-AF2F-68D2443E4F41.thumb.png.6dab56373ea70e7e78d7f128af235054.png

Tokyo DisneySnow

8FC2545C-70C1-41C2-8453-9283F93FB29E.thumb.png.0c4be9b6ed728da13782b8058d4f7b2d.png

Electric Hailway

A0221177-E333-47C8-93D1-4E72B8280810.thumb.png.7252397a970323dd24b823db5ab68e95.png

Snowin': Fantastic Ice

E3959B5F-D2BC-428C-A5D8-749A11813A95.thumb.png.f401900b897ad15b14b68eb870d94aeb.png

Can't think of a pun for this one...

EBF8BF8F-7008-4552-A3AD-D51E18A219A9.thumb.jpeg.2985b8475f869352f2c7b32981fcb0e8.jpeg

Our favorite Explorer and Adventurer!

It really was breathtaking!! Only lasted about 3 hours so I didn't get to take any pics over in Land (but my friend took some). It doesn't snow too much in the Tokyo area (usally only about 2 or 3 times a year), so I just got extremely lucky by having a holiday that day!! Also Journey was somehow still running in the snow!!

^ Thanks for the new photos, however many you took! It's all awesome when the snow falls, at TokyoDisney!

Here's a couple I found posted in other sites. Thank you, to You who took these.

Snow06-600x398.jpg.768c06c680c3f9b6da913d629477b0b7.jpg

Snowfall2018e.thumb.jpg.5ed8a3c064466794a3453e5cacd0838c.jpg

Those pictures are gorgeous!! The snow didn't stick around long when I went, Prometheus fully covered like that would have blown my mind!!

Also, here's my footage from last Monday, huge thanks to my bestie El Toro_Ryan for editing it all together!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And for all you egg-lovers (to eat) out there...

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted an article about the upcoming Easter Food & Snacks being sold and eaten during Tokyo Disneyland's Easter Season...

Tokyo Disneyland is celebrating Easter with a special menu of snacks, meals,

and drinks on sale March 26 – June 2, 2019.

There’s lots to look forward to, including egg-themed sandwiches,

Mickey and Donald candy cases, and Easter desserts with tiny bunny ears!

We can’t wait to try the peach cream cake, and orange jelly and vanilla mousse.

easter-menu-2019.thumb.jpg.b3669f9ad298be2555285701f7b17b82.jpg

(l.to r.) > Roast Chicken, Scrambled Egg and Ketchup Rice @ Grandma Sara’s Kitchen ¥1,580.

>>Egg and Sausage Cutlet Sandwich @ Huey, Dewey and Louie’s Good Time Cafe ¥990 .

>>>Shrimp and Egg Sandwich @ Sweetheart Cafe ¥1,050. © Disney

fried-sandwich-set-easter2019.jpg.a9d62675412347bf9a0519b583e2a847.jpg

EDIT: Added this one ~ Fried Sandwich Set ~ Camp Woodchuck Kitchen

¥1,080. So WTF is that in the middle of the sandwich?

Looks like a foot long hot dog, rolled in........ ?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I'm going to visit Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea this summer, on july. I'm a bit scared about queues and crowds, because I only have one day for visiting each park, and going to Japan isn't very common xD So I writte here to see if anyone of you can help me in terms of organisation and stuff like that.

First of all, I have seen that the new ride of Tokyo DisneySea, their Soarin version, is opening on July 23. I'm coming back to Spain the next day, but maybe I could go to see the park on the day of Soarin inauguration. But this is my question: do you think that a lot of people is going to visit the park this day just to see the new ride? I've seen crowd calendars and July 23 is suposed to have low / moderate queues, but I think that japanese people can be that kind of people who goes crazy to be the first ones to see the park news, and I'm afraid that this day turns to be really full. So, do you think that it's worth to take the risk and visit the park on the day of Soarin inauguration, or is it best to go there before, when the park seems to be quite empty? I have already seen the California version of the ride, but I don't know what to do.

On the other hand, for those who have been on Disney hotels in Tokyo, do you think that is it worth to stay in the cheaper one, Disney Celebration Hotel? For what I've seen, it is expensive and really far away from the park, but staying there gives me the oportunity to enjoy the Happy 15 Entry, and having that may make the difference on riding all the majors rides.

So, those are my question. I don't know if you'd be able to answer me, because this questions may be a little specifics (specially the first one), but if you have any idea or tips to help me I would really apreciate them.

Thank you so much in advance!

• 1 month later...

I am going to Tokyo DisneySea for the first time tomorrow and I wondered if anyone have ant tips on what not to miss? I know it will be absolutely packed tomorrow because of public holidays in Japan, I only have one full day since I work on a cruiseship and we sail the next day. So any tips on how to get the most out of my day would be great

^I'm not over exaggerating when I tell you to be at the front gate, with your ticket in had at least 90min prior to opening. You'll be in a good spot then to run in and grab a fastpass for what's most important to you, then go standby something that isn't too terrible yet. Just try to fastpass as much as you can. Sindbad will never have a bad line. Indy and Raging Spirits both have single rider lines. They will be long, but not as long as the standby line.

Hi guys!

I'm going to visit Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea this summer, on july. I'm a bit scared about queues and crowds, because I only have one day for visiting each park, and going to Japan isn't very common xD So I writte here to see if anyone of you can help me in terms of organisation and stuff like that.

First of all, I have seen that the new ride of Tokyo DisneySea, their Soarin version, is opening on July 23. I'm coming back to Spain the next day, but maybe I could go to see the park on the day of Soarin inauguration. But this is my question: do you think that a lot of people is going to visit the park this day just to see the new ride? I've seen crowd calendars and July 23 is suposed to have low / moderate queues, but I think that japanese people can be that kind of people who goes crazy to be the first ones to see the park news, and I'm afraid that this day turns to be really full. So, do you think that it's worth to take the risk and visit the park on the day of Soarin inauguration, or is it best to go there before, when the park seems to be quite empty? I have already seen the California version of the ride, but I don't know what to do.

On the other hand, for those who have been on Disney hotels in Tokyo, do you think that is it worth to stay in the cheaper one, Disney Celebration Hotel? For what I've seen, it is expensive and really far away from the park, but staying there gives me the oportunity to enjoy the Happy 15 Entry, and having that may make the difference on riding all the majors rides.

So, those are my question. I don't know if you'd be able to answer me, because this questions may be a little specifics (specially the first one), but if you have any idea or tips to help me I would really apreciate them.

Thank you so much in advance!

Sorry! We were actually IN Japan when you posted this and I think we both missed it.

Anyways...

DO NOT GO ON OPENING DAY OF THE NEW RIDE. Why? Like you said, you've been on basically the same ride and the other days it should be much less busy. Trust me, you're going to go back to Japan and you can ride it on a future visit. There's so much amazing stuff at Disney Sea that you won't miss Soarin, trust me!

I would recommend instead to just stay at one of the partner hotels so you're close by. Sure you won't get those 15min, but if you go early and are in the front of the pack it will be fine and you'll save some money for souvenirs and food! Now, that being said, if you have the money to stay at one of the hotels and they offer some of the package deals that come with bonus fastpasses, that may be worth your money!

^I'm not over exaggerating when I tell you to be at the front gate, with your ticket in had at least 90min prior to opening. You'll be in a good spot then to run in and grab a fastpass for what's most important to you, then go standby something that isn't too terrible yet. Just try to fastpass as much as you can. Sindbad will never have a bad line. Indy and Raging Spirits both have single rider lines. They will be long, but not as long as the standby line.

Thanks for the tips We did not manage to be there before opening, however we managed to get on all the rides we wanted and even rode Indiana Jones and Journey to the center of the earth twice! We had a fantastic day and I can’t wait to go back and explore all of the Resort in the future DisneySea has now become my number one park

By the way...and just because I am bored a bit right now....has anyone been to the Resort really recently, and seen (i.e. photographed) how the new DisneySea construction is going.....?

Back of the park? New hotel and all? Pan, Long Hair, and Ice?

Also, I just read in a few of the DisneyParks sites world wide, that there is to be a Groundbreaking Ceremony for the DisneySea expansion on May 21st. Truth or rumor?

Just found a new DisneySea construction photo, posted at http://www.tdrexplorer.com Thanks for it!

This is behind (in part) the Bayside Station, which will possibly, I remember reading, have a new entry way to the new themed hotel being built there. This could be part of the hotel itself, with the Peter Pan section (and possibly Tangled beyond that) beyond it, towards DisneySea.

Just a guess from me.

EDIT: I have the feeling that they're going to put Tangled on the same side as Frozen. And all of Peter Pan will occupy the land beyond the hotel. I keep looking at the concept art, and that main pathway running between Peter Pan and Tangled. It just makes more sense to me, to divide up all that rock work and "mountains" that both areas use. Same with the waterfalls in the concept art. So, my money's on Frozen and Tangled being together on one side of that pathway, and Peter Pan on the other, with the new hotel up at the end of it all.

Expansion01.jpg.ddf32612b2c4ca3a97a436bfb1bd9c42.jpg

Definitely looks like the hotel they're building. Time will tell. (o:

Expansion03.png.5bee0e32945fcf45cd0c76b834af8b0c.png

This is what you'll see on your left, when you enter Magic Springs from DS.

Expansion04.png.f6d3f1d59192d961fb66949584630d35.png

And this will be on your right, when you enter, between the 'mountains' of Tangled and Peter Pan.