TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

So Ive started seeing speculation videos popping up on YT about Gwazi RMC being over 200 ft and taller than Steel Vengeance, ANY even shred of hint to this?

Go back four pages.

The curse of being lazy and hating to read back thankfully TPR always provides! Well, that would be pretty sick if true. Id suddenly go to BGT alot more!

Any idea when they typically release the concert schedule for the food and wine festival?

The event is next month, and no list yet. We are hitting the park during the festival, and it may sway our decision to visit on a certain day depending on who is performing.

Any idea when they typically release the concert schedule for the food and wine festival?

The event is next month, and no list yet. We are hitting the park during the festival, and it may sway our decision to visit on a certain day depending on who is performing.

I just looked and they announced them on February 8th last year.

Ha....

And just like that, they released the schedule today.

March 16 – DaughtryMarch 17 – The Band PerryMarch 23 – 3 Doors DownMarch 24 – Blue Rodeo, Kathleen Edwards and Fred Eaglesmith featuring Tif GinnMarch 30 – Justin MooreMarch 31 – El Gran ComboApril 6 – TBAApril 7 – Josh TurnerApril 13 – Mighty Mighty BosstonesApril 14 – Boyz II MenApril 19 – Edwin McCain and Vertical HorizonApril 20 – Hunter Hayes and Levi HummonApril 21 – Mat KearneyApril 27 – Walk Off the EarthApril 28 – Foreigner

Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

Always make sure you tell us where you got an image from and link it back (even if you don't know the exact source). In this case it's from the roller coasters subreddit.

So, can we stop calling this "RMC Gwazi"? At this rate there won't be much of Gwazi left over when the new coaster finally opens.

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually

True I was thinking the same thing this isn't so much taking the old and making it new, its almost an entirely new ride.

Also any word on when Tigris may be opening? The GF will be going to St Pete soonish, I believe in the next 2 months, and that's usually a good time for me to scoot away to BGT. Ive always wanted to try one of these Sky Rockets so Im kind of excited actually

They've been pretty hush hush about the actual opening date. They always mention "spring" for the opening though. It looks like the track is complete now though. I don't think that they've started testing yet, so I'm not sure how close they are to closing the deal. The fact that they always say spring without an actual date leads me to believe it will be late spring though. I hope it comes soon though.

Anybody else buy the annual Quick Queue? Its $300, and I just bought it, as I'm thinking that the price will get jacked up once Tigris opens. Its pricey, but not a bad deal considering that its good any day of the day - including the weekends and holidays when it would be $90. I think that with the capacity issues of Tigris, it will be the only way to get more than 1-2 rides on it in a day.

When they announced Tempesto everyone lost their minds about capacity and it turned out to be fine. The capacity is clearly not great but the ride doesn't seem to be overwhelmingly popular either. I feel like it won't be that big of a deal long term.

That said, Cheetah Hunt and Stanley Falls exist so it's a solid deal anyway if you visit enough. Rides like Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Rapids (if you care) and (most likely) Tigris will have some sort of a line the majority of the time also so it'll be nice to have.

I know this isn’t what you meant, but remembering the three names that were trademarked for Tigris (Tigris, Uproar, Twisted Tiger), I’d make a safe bet on RMC Gwazi’s actual name being Uproar. Twisted Tiger is the more logical choice (hence Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Colossus), but that sounds a bit too similar to Tigris. If the 212’ lift hill with the 91° drop rumors from First Drop are true, Uproar would make lots of sense given that the coaster would be the tallest in Florida.

I know this isn’t what you meant, but remembering the three names that were trademarked for Tigris (Tigris, Uproar, Twisted Tiger), I’d make a safe bet on RMC Gwazi’s actual name being Uproar. Twisted Tiger is the more logical choice (hence Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Colossus), but that sounds a bit too similar to Tigris. If the 212’ lift hill with the 91° drop rumors from First Drop are true, Uproar would make lots of sense given that the coaster would be the tallest in Florida.

I think that Tigris is supposed to be named after the Tigris River... but it is confusing that in the logo there's a picture of a tiger with a paw.

Maybe it will be a play on words?

But it will still be a tongue twisted if one is called Tigris and the other is Twisted Tigers.

Edited by Too Fast For Comfort

I think that Tigris is supposed to be named after the Tigris River... but it is confusing that in the logo there's a picture of a tiger with a paw. The Tigris River is a major river in Africa, and would work well with the placement of the coaster, considering that the Tiger stuff is on the other end of the park. If you Google or Wikipedia the name, it looks like everything is about it being a river, and it doesn't necessarily refer to "tiger." The name is Sumarian, and translates directly to "running water" -- not necessarily anything to do with a tiger.

Maybe it will be a play on words?

But it will still be a tongue twisted if one is called Tigris and the other is Twisted Tigers.

Tigris is the shortened scientific name for tiger (Panthera Tigris). The ride is located near Jungala, a SE Asian themed Jungle area with tigers. It has nothing to do with a river in the Middle East (Turkey and Iraq specifically...not in Africa).

I'm 99 percent confident it will be possible to get 2-4 rides on Tigris in the first 45 minutes of the park's opening on basically any day other than opening day. It's REALLY far from the park entrance, people are not going to be rushing back there and you won't see the ride from the parking lot or entrance tram.

However, since that's a popular area of the park already with Shiekra, the Flume, Train, BBQ and a theatre, I also think the ride will have regular 1 hour waits for most of the day while it's new. First ride of the day or bust, basically.

The Tigris River is a major river in Africa

This is factually wrong. Why wouldn't you look this up before you posted?

Chill dude, no need to be like that. But you're right, I did make an error, and I'll give it up to you for that. My bad. I'll admit when I'm wrong.

Yeah man, I'ma be like what continent rivers are on. That's my hill to die on.