Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1441 - Hagrid's Motorbike Preview! Including onride clips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has release new details about this year's Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida! Check out all of the concert lineup, parade and food details below!
mardi-gras-logo-english.png

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras/index.html

DwudId-WsAEFnFM.jpg

Music’s Biggest Acts Live In Concert
You can’t have a great party without great music. On select nights of Universal Studios’ Mardi Gras, catch performances from some of the biggest names in pop, rock, country, R&B and more at the Music Plaza stage.

Check back for more talent announcements.

Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida™ the entire day on Mardi Gras concert dates.

• Saturday, Feb. 9 - BUSH - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Feb. 16 - Gavin DeGraw - 8:30 pm
  • Sunday, Feb. 17 - Dan + Shay - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Feb. 23 - Macklemore - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Mar. 2 - To Be Announced - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Mar. 9 - Becky G - 8:30 pm
  • Sunday, Mar. 10 - Sean Paul - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Mar. 16 - S teve Miller Band - 8:30 pm
  • Sunday, Mar. 17 - Ziggy Marley - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Mar. 23 - NF - 8:30 pm
  • Sunday, Mar. 24 - Pitbull - 8:30 pm
  • Saturday, Mar. 30 - To Be Announced - 8:30 pm
  • Sunday, Mar. 31 - To Be Announced - 8:30 pm

Party Procession

Join the Parade
Gather with your fellow party animals to see our stilt walkers, dancers and street performers get in touch with their wild side amidst floats themed around creatures from the jungle, Arctic, swamp, ocean and sky. Let the good times roll as our colorful menagarie parades through the streets of Universal Studios Florida™. Confetti will fly as countless strands of beads are tossed into the crowd at this wild and wonderful evening event.

Where and When to See It
Enjoy the sights, sounds and excitement of the parade every night of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras.

Where To See It
A little boy sits on his father's shoulders as they both laugh while enjoying Universal Studios Orlando's Mardi Gras event.

Created Just for Kids
The Little Jester’s Parade Viewing Area located in front of the Brown Derby Hat Shop offers an unobstructed view for petite partygoers. Access is available beginning one hour before the parade starts.

A Taste of New Orleans

The French Quarter Courtyard
Open Everyday at 4 pm

Experience the real feel of The Big Easy: Universal Studios’ New York area becomes New Orleans with the addition of the French Quarter Courtyard, a space dedicated to “N’awlins Style Food and Spirits.” Sit down with sizzling Cajun food (available for purchase), enjoy the sounds of sweet Southern music, and let the good times roll.

Authentic Tunes
With a rich history of soulful performers, New Orleans is often considered to be the birthplace of true American music. Experience the city’s signature sound with performances by real Louisiana jazz, blues and zydeco bands.

• Feb. 9–17: Dirty Bourbon River Show
  • Feb. 18–27: Naughty Professor Brass Band
  • Feb. 28–Mar. 18: Free Agents Brass Band featuring Honey Bannister
  • Mar. 19–Apr. 4: New Breed Brass Band

True Cajun Cuisine
We’re cooking up some of the bayou’s best dishes to give you an authentic taste of New Orleans fare, available for purchase. Enjoy jambalaya, beignets and more in tasting sizes so you can sample a variety of Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 am

Construction walls have gone up in the Triceratops Encounter area of Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure. Will be interesting to see if this turns out to be the thrilling rollercoaster that has been rumored to fill the void left by Dragon Challenge.

In another interesting note, Screamscape reported that Universal has filed a trademark for "Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous". It is unclear if this is for the Orlando park or one of the overseas parks, however (as the Jurassic World franchises have performed really well worldwide). It could become the updated version of the present Camp Jurassic. A popular rumor is that Jurassic Park won't see the overhaul that Hollywood is seeing and, instead, Jurassic World may just go in the rumored future park. Guess we just have to ride the rumors out and see what comes. Just no overuse of video screens, please?
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AUWent » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 am

Coasterguy21 wrote:Construction walls have gone up in the Triceratops Encounter area of Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure. Will be interesting to see if this turns out to be the thrilling rollercoaster that has been rumored to fill the void left by Dragon Challenge.

In another interesting note, Screamscape reported that Universal has filed a trademark for "Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous". It is unclear if this is for the Orlando park or one of the overseas parks, however (as the Jurassic World franchises have performed really well worldwide). It could become the updated version of the present Camp Jurassic. A popular rumor is that Jurassic Park won't see the overhaul that Hollywood is seeing and, instead, Jurassic World may just go in the rumored future park. Guess we just have to ride the rumors out and see what comes. Just no overuse of video screens, please?

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/new-jurassic-park-roller-coaster-headed-to-islands-of-adventure-documents-show/906446496

Here's some more info that was released today.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Damn, this is some exciting stuff.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm

If they get their own version of The Flying Dinosaur, I will be absolutely thrilled.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Initially I was thinking the same thing but I guess the prevailing rumor seems to be an Intamin launcher (though I haven't been following this closely enough to know where the rumor came from or how credible it is). There's also an absolutely spectacular flying coaster like 5 miles away which probably makes it less of a novelty but I don't know if Universal necessarily cares.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

^ I heard the Intamin launch rumor too. Considering Universal Orlando has worked with Intamin for their new coaster this year and Gringotts, it'd make some sense.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AUWent » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm

I mean, I would've loved a NextGen B&M invert, but I'm just thrilled they're putting out a big thrill coaster to make up for the loss of Dragons.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 am

The artist formerly known as "the park with lots of screen attractions" will now be known as "the park with lots of launched coasters".

Kidding, of course. I saw someone do a "prediction" of the layout in NoLimits 2 and they came up with something like Linnanmaki's upcoming Taiga coaster, which looks wicked fun. I loathe thinking about what the wait times will be for a brand-new short train launched coaster though.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:18 am

Isn't the new one at Asterix supposed to have a 24 car train?

As long as they can crank out trains quickly with enough block sections they'll be fine with a short train. The Mummy's trains are pretty short. Same with Rockit.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!