Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Jew wrote:
SharkTums wrote:Love my guys, but wow, very intrigued by the new popcorn flavor!

If it's Sriracha flavored.... :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:

Me too, that would be awesome! We've had a bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce around,
that has a good "tang" to it. But sriracha flavoured popcorn? I'm all for that, too!
popcorn-shop2020a.jpg
A reminder of what the new Popcorn Shop is (hoping) going to look like in 2020,
between the Big Hero 6 Happy Ride and Beauty&Beast Mini-Land. (o;
popcorn-shop2020b.jpg
Oooooooooooooooooo yes! And I do hope that this "Popcorn-Chandelier" will be there, too!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am

I can't say enough good things about these parks and the people of Japan. Absolutely wonderful country. If the parks introduced the fast passes on the app like Disney World it would be complete perfection and it's pretty damn close to perfect even without that.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:13 pm

^ Honestly, I'm sure that if they offered FastPasses on the app, every attraction with Fastpasses would probably be "sold out" that day, before anyone who doesn't have a cellphone (shock I know, we don't own them), and has to get the paper ones.

And with Japan's huge local population, that doesn't even count people visiting from overseas.
Which, at WDW, there is a huge number of gp from every where else in the world. In TDLR, we
(from overseas countries) are not the majority gp there.

I just don't see it happening there in TDLR. IMhO. :mickey:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am

Oh god, please no app Fastpass at TDL before I can get there. Just looking at the App right now for WDW for tomorrow at Hollywood Studios, there are no available fast passes for Aliens Swirling Saucers, TSM, Slinky, Tower or Rockin' Rollercoaster for a party of 2 all day. I would have to refresh for 30 minutes or more to find good times for those rides, and If I couldn't find Slinky my options would be 1. Arrive 70 minutes before opening and do Slinky First. 2. Wait 60-90 minutes while the park is open. 3. Keep staring at and refreshing the app tomorrow until some time that may or may not work with my plans becomes available 4. Potentially miss both fireworks shows and wait about 20-30 minutes when the park closes.

At Epcot: Frozen, Mission Space and Test Track are gone.
At MK: Big Thunder, Space, Enchanted Tales, Meet Mickey, Seven Dwarves are all out.
At DAK: No Pandora, Dinosaur, Kilamanjaro listed as available

MLK weekend obviously, but it's still just Friday.

At every other Disney park worldwide, I could show up at 8 or 8:30 tomorrow and get a fast-pass for anything I want, and probably get 4 other fast passes for the most popular attractions with the longest waits. I certainly have the option to keep refreshing the app and it's nice to get the fast-passes in the comfort on my chair at home, but gambling that the rides will become available is just such a grind, I'd much rather use phone time to play Pokemon Go or PlayDisney than stare at the app refreshing on every visit.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 am

Kingdom Heart themed hotel rooms will be available in the Disney Ambassador Hotel from January-June: https://kotaku.com/japan-getting-kingdom-hearts-themed-hotel-rooms-1831797106

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 am

Soaring: Fantastic Flights will officially open at Tokyo DisneySea on July 23rd, 2019!

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_olc/20190118_01e/main/0/link/20190118_01e.pdf

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.44.36 PM.png

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that the new attraction, Soaring: Fantastic Flight, will open on July 23, 2019, at Tokyo DisneySea® Park.

Based on the popular attraction, Soarin’ Around the World, which has been enjoyed by Guests visiting the Disney parks outside of Japan, the attraction at Tokyo DisneySea will feature new scenes and visuals for an experience exclusive to the Park in Japan.

Soaring: Fantastic Flight is a flight motion-simulator attraction that will take Guests on a journey over famous landscapes of the world, while they experience the breezes and scents that match the various scenes. Guests of all ages can look forward to experiencing this attraction.

Attraction Facts
  • Ride Duration: About 5 minutes (main show)
  • Capacity: 87 persons per theater
  • Number of Theaters: 2
  • Investment Amount: About 18 billion yen
  • Disney FASTPASS®: Available
  • Height Requirement: Must be 102 cm or taller
  • Note: This attraction will be available for “Happy 15 Entry” – an exclusive privilege that allows early entry to the Parks for Guests staying at a Disney hotel.
Background Story
Nestled in the hills of Mediterranean Harbor, amidst the backdrop of an old-world Italian village, the Museum of Fantastic Flight is dedicated to humankind’s enduring dream of flying. Today, the museum celebrates Camellia Falco—a visionary
innovator in the fledgling field of aviation—with a special retrospective of her life.

A grand tour of the museum includes a magical visit from the spirit of Camellia and culminates with Guests boarding her latest and greatest achievement—a flying vehicle of her own design called the Dream Flyer. Guests soon experience what Camellia believed, that our imagination can propel us into the future and take us everywhere in the world we wish to go. And before Guests know it, their spirits are sent soaring.
Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.45.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.45.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.46.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.46.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.46.50 PM.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Dombot » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Leave it to DisneySea to one-up every other version of an attraction. This looks absolutely fantastic.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby jlp94 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:56 pm

What an intriguing-looking ride! I'm excited to see some of the theming, especially in the queue line =)
Top 10 Steel: 1. Expedition GeForce 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Storm Chaser 4. X2 5. Twisted Colossus 6. Nemesis 7. Millennium Force 8. Maverick 9. Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast 10. Raptor
Top 10 Wood: 1. Lightning Rod 2. Voyage 3. Goliath 4. Boss 5. Cornball Express 6. Screamin' Eagle 7. Legend 8. Thunderhead 9. American Thunder 10. American Eagle

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Queue Lines in (most of) Tokyo Disney Resort = :lover:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:31 pm

We were excited for this ride mainly because it would drop the lines for other attractions at DisneySea but with all of these details KT is now going to make us stand in line because A) she loves the SEA storyline and B) she loves birds of prey and C) this ride has both!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!