Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby TEDodd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:I've been trying to two days now to get the website to load so I can buy a membership before the new year's deal expires, but nothing is working.

Seems to be working now.

I got to the checkout page to enter payment info. That was w/ Chrome on my phone.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Holy crap, I figured it out. After trying every browser and phone and running through all the settings/adblocker options on each to figure out if something was blocking it, you know what the problem was? My internet provider apparently. I turned off wifi on my phone and it went through just fine.

I don't know why Cox internet would be blocking part of a six flags application, but there you have it in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Wow. Never would have thought that.

While I used my phone it was with wifi (Spectrum in my case)
Last edited by TEDodd on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 am

So thanks to reading this thread I was able to make a purchase for hockey tickets online through a program called flash seats. I was trying to buy the tickets on my phone with data and it wouldn't work. I thought of this thread and turned WiFi on and boom! It worked.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 pm

The website says opening weekend is March 9-10. I may be in the area the following week, but the website doesn’t show anything about the operating schedule. I’m assuming they’ll be open the next week, but if I buy a pass with the sale and they’re not open I’d be a bit boned. Can I rely on them being open?
Peek a boo!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm

ImNotOneOfYou wrote:The website says opening weekend is March 9-10. I may be in the area the following week, but the website doesn’t show anything about the operating schedule. I’m assuming they’ll be open the next week, but if I buy a pass with the sale and they’re not open I’d be a bit boned. Can I rely on them being open?

Once opening weekend occurs they will be open all weekends after that. I have never known the park to open for the season and then skip weekend(s) after that unless, of course the weather man decides to interfere. The park will release the 2019 schedule soon. Since today was the last operating day of the 2018 season, it will generally take a few weeks to reset everything for the upcoming season.

If you visit in March, let me know and maybe we can meet up!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

!

Postby jynx242 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am

Lotologist492 wrote:
ImNotOneOfYou wrote:The website says opening weekend is March 9-10. I may be in the area the following week, but the website doesn’t show anything about the operating schedule. I’m assuming they’ll be open the next week, but if I buy a pass with the sale and they’re not open I’d be a bit boned. Can I rely on them being open?

Once opening weekend occurs they will be open all weekends after that. I have never known the park to open for the season and then skip weekend(s) after that unless, of course the weather man decides to interfere. The park will release the 2019 schedule soon. Since today was the last operating day of the 2018 season, it will generally take a few weeks to reset everything for the upcoming season.

If you visit in March, let me know and maybe we can meet up!

Yeah - unless there is a freak snowstorm or monsoon - they'll be open every weekend until Spring Break (when they open all week.)

It's my home park and a great place- enjoy your visit!

David

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Made my final visit on the final day of the season yesterday. This was the first nice weather weekend in nearly a month and the crowds reflected it. Anyway...now that January 7th is here, it is Six Flags' New Year's Day! The 2019 season officially begins today, which may matter little here in GA but counts in the few SF parks that are year round, most notably the purple cups are now dead.

Anyway...looking forward to the new themed area - ScreamPunk District, as well as the new Giant Discovery. It will be interesting to see the progress made when the park reopens. Only 8 closed weekends between now and opening day!
20190101_165507.jpg
Could this be the last time we see this sign? It is in rough shape, and the area might become Screampunk District....
20190106_163521.jpg
Anyone care to guess where in the park this creepy light fixture is located?
20190106_180453.jpg
One last look...it was a great Holiday in the Park season!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 am

Is the light fixture in the Crystal Pistol?

I can't remember seeing a fixture like that elsewhere -except maybe for the "old time" photo booth.

D

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:54 pm

Am I dumb/crazy? (Well I am but still...) does this park not have June and July hours? On the site it jumps from May to August.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!