TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Riverwalk is a must if you have the time, and if possible I'd reccomend staying along the riverwalk.

Thanks for the tip. I've already booked a room on the River Walk. Looking forward to adding Texas to my list of visited states.

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea what kind of winds shut down the coasters here? Weather app says 21mph gusts, but it feels stronger than that.

I'm more concerned about SFFT this evening. Hopefully the winds die down.

BTW, after our first night in the hotel on the River Walk I cancelled our budget hotels in the burbs and splurged on the River Walk for two more nights. What a great town. Trip report coming next week.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has the most ridiculous wind policy I've ever encountered at any park in my entire life.

That's what I'm afraid of. Winds should die down this evening. We can come back to SWSA tomorrow at 1, but SFFT doesn't open until 5. That throws a monkey wrench in the travel plans if we can't ride coasters tonight.

On the bright side, we've had two great days being tourists in San Antonio and my daughter already wants to come back.

Keep an eye on the app and (assuming you're whoring), make Pandemonium and Iron Rattler major priorities if you actually see them running. If you're not whoring then obviously Pandemonium is skippable.

As for San Antonio... yeah, it's an amazing city. We loved it there. The Riverwalk is insane.

Steel Eel was great! Nothing fancy maneuver-wise, but what a solid airtime coaster. After Iron Rattler ( the clear choice for best coaster this trip), my daughter liked Titan and Steel Eel the best. She is a hyper girl, I guess. Great White was good, but just another B&M invert. Wave Whatever was a one and done, but good on SWSA for having a family friendly launch coaster.

I am now back in NC after a hell drive through Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte. TR coming next week.

The MCBR on Steel Eel was working hard the day we were there. We still got decent airtime. The farther we sat to the back, the more violent the return to the seat was. They strangely let us ride twice without re-entering the queue, but made us exit and re-enter after every two rides, even though there was no one in line at the time.

We had zero issues getting our passes, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody know if you can get the Platinum benefits (preferred parking, bring a friend for free, bring a friend for 50%, etc.) at the Florida parks if you buy the San Antonio pass and not just basic free entry?

The verbiage is a little vague on parking on SWSA and SWO's websites. It does say that free parking is not available at Aquatica or Adventure Island in Florida on SWO's membership benefits page. Then again my pass order receipt says my pass is only valid for Texas residents and that was not an issue.

We are going to be visiting BGW, BGT, and SWO this year, and my daughter is going to SWSD, so we should get our money's worth even if we have to pay for parking.

It says this about free tickets on SWO's page:

Florida Platinum Annual Passes receive 2 free guest tickets to be used at 2 parks of your Florida parks of membership, excluding Discovery Cove.

I'm going to visit these parks without expectation and just be happy if we get any perks.

Anybody know if you can get the Platinum benefits (preferred parking, bring a friend for free, bring a friend for 50%, etc.) at the Florida parks if you buy the San Antonio pass and not just basic free entry?

The verbiage is a little vague on parking on SWSA and SWO's websites. It does say that free parking is not available at Aquatica or Adventure Island in Florida on SWO's membership benefits page. Then again my pass order receipt says my pass is only valid for Texas residents and that was not an issue.

We are going to be visiting BGW, BGT, and SWO this year, and my daughter is going to SWSD, so we should get our money's worth even if we have to pay for parking.

It says this about free tickets on SWO's page:

Florida Platinum Annual Passes receive 2 free guest tickets to be used at 2 parks of your Florida parks of membership, excluding Discovery Cove.

I'm going to visit these parks without expectation and just be happy if we get any perks.

I live in Florida, and I was thinking of booking a flight and hitting up SWSA, SFOT, and SFFT to take advantage of this. I'd hate to fly all the way out there and get screwed if I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's. I'm very unhappy with how ambiguous the details are on the official website.

I live in Florida, and I was thinking of booking a flight and hitting up SWSA, SFOT, and SFFT to take advantage of this. I'd hate to fly all the way out there and get screwed if I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's. I'm very unhappy with how ambiguous the details are on the official website.

I'd shoot them an email. They were very responsive to me. There was nothing anywhere that said I had to be a resident of Texas until after the passes were purchased, so I was definitely going for a refund if it wasn't going to work at all. It's my gut that parking is only at your home park. If SFFT and SFOT weren't close, it wouldn't even have been a consideration for me. That said, now that I know how much fun San Antonio is, I'd do it again.

Then again, it may actually be different if you are from Florida. Looking at BGT's site, the only difference between Florida resident passes and visitor passes is that residents can do EZ Pay.

I'd shoot them an email. They were very responsive to me. There was nothing anywhere that said I had to be a resident of Texas until after the passes were purchased, so I was definitely going for a refund if it wasn't going to work at all. It's my gut that parking is only at your home park. If SFFT and SFOT weren't close, it wouldn't even have been a consideration for me. That said, now that I know how much fun San Antonio is, I'd do it again.

Then again, it may actually be different if you are from Florida. Looking at BGT's site, the only difference between Florida resident passes and visitor passes is that residents can do EZ Pay.

No, for BGT and SWO, the websites were more clear, and they mentioned that Platinum benefits were only offered to the Florida parks for the Florida platinum pass (but you get free admission at the other parks). It was just wasn't that explicit for the San Antonio website. I was hoping that its just very rare for people to fly all the way to Texas just to scan in, so they were hoping people would. If there's no parking and guest passes for the FL parks, I may just pay the $360, because paying $25 a trip would get pretty expensive, and I like having the passes to encourage new people to come out with me.

No, for BGT and SWO, the websites were more clear, and they mentioned that Platinum benefits were only offered to the Florida parks for the Florida platinum pass (but you get free admission at the other parks). It was just wasn't that explicit for the San Antonio website. I was hoping that its just very rare for people to fly all the way to Texas just to scan in, so they were hoping people would. If there's no parking and guest passes for the FL parks, I may just pay the $360, because paying $25 a trip would get pretty expensive, and I like having the passes to encourage new people to come out with me.

I meant the difference between a FL resident buying a pass at BGT/SWO and a non-resident buying a pass from BGT/SWO.

Kinda pointless to keep speculating. I just shot them a quick email. I'll report back.

I meant the difference between a FL resident buying a pass at BGT/SWO and a non-resident buying a pass from BGT/SWO.

Kinda pointless to keep speculating. I just shot them a quick email. I'll report back.

Smartest thing I've read from everybody all day. I appreciate the intel you're gathering for me from the email. I have until October to decide anyway, that's when my SWO/BGT silver expires.

Now, wasn't that easier? Another quick response. And a great answer!

2:28 PM (55 minutes ago)

Hi, Does my SeaWorld San Antonio platinum pass include parking at other parks (BGW/SWO/BGT) or only those in Texas? Thanks, Roger Glenn

SWT Guest Correspondence

3:22 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Mr. Glenn,

Greetings from SeaWorld San Antonio!

The Platinum passes include free general parking at the other SeaWorld Parks and Preferred Parking (if available) at the San Antonio Park.

Have a Whale of a Day!

Sincerely,

Irma Apaez

Now, wasn't that easier? Another quick response. And a great answer!

2:28 PM (55 minutes ago)

Hi, Does my SeaWorld San Antonio platinum pass include parking at other parks (BGW/SWO/BGT) or only those in Texas? Thanks, Roger Glenn

SWT Guest Correspondence

3:22 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Mr. Glenn,

Greetings from SeaWorld San Antonio!

The Platinum passes include free general parking at the other SeaWorld Parks and Preferred Parking (if available) at the San Antonio Park.

Have a Whale of a Day!

Sincerely,

Irma Apaez

Well, it didn't quite answer all of the questions. But I'll call in at some point later as its getting closer to when my Silver SWO/BGT pass expires. I wanted to know if I can use the two bring a friend for free passes and six 50% off tickets, but that might be better served with a phone call. I like phone calls anyway, because if you get them talking, sometimes they tell you more useful information or start giving you stuff for free.

Well, it didn't quite answer all of the questions. But I'll call in at some point later as its getting closer to when my Silver SWO/BGT pass expires. I wanted to know if I can use the two bring a friend for free passes and six 50% off tickets, but that might be better served with a phone call. I like phone calls anyway, because if you get them talking, sometimes they tell you more useful information or start giving you stuff for free.

If you get the FL Platinum Pass, the free tickets and 50% off tickets are only usable at the FL parks. It's the same if you had a Platinum from SWSA which would only be good at that park. Parking and in-park discounts (food, merchandise, etc) are the main things included at every park. Most other perks are state/park specific.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/faq/current-pass-members/

1896225263_SWOFreeGuestTicketInfo.thumb.jpg.b4b950ca18241624ccdab92164c38cfb.jpg

If you get the FL Platinum Pass, the free tickets and 50% off tickets are only usable at the FL parks. It's the same if you had a Platinum from SWSA which would only be good at that park. Parking and in-park discounts (food, merchandise, etc) are the main things included at every park. Most other perks are state/park specific.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/faq/current-pass-members/

[attachment=0]SWO Free Guest Ticket Info.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for the help buddy. I'm thinking it might just be worth the $360 to make sure I get my guest passes and preferred parking. The distance from general to the park for BGT is a beast!

Thanks for the help buddy. I'm thinking it might just be worth the $360 to make sure I get my guest passes and preferred parking. The distance from general to the park for BGT is a beast!

I used Preferred parking at BGT once in 2007. It was a lot closer to the gate then than it is now. It seems they doubled the handicap and added stroller parking as well since then. I usually just park as close to tram stop 1 (generally get there at opening) because it's less walking than from the preferred area. Just have to ride the tram. There are exceptions of course, but 9/10 end up near a tram stop when parking...lol

I used Preferred parking at BGT once in 2007. It was a lot closer to the gate then than it is now. It seems they doubled the handicap and added stroller parking as well since then. I usually just park as close to tram stop 1 (generally get there at opening) because it's less walking than from the preferred area. Just have to ride the tram. There are exceptions of course, but 9/10 end up near a tram stop when parking...lol

One thing I was trying to scout out was to see if BGT had any bike racks, or a place to chain my bike up where they wouldn't get pissed. I didn't see any bike racks on a scouting the last time I went -- but I would love to put my bike in my car, park in the general lot, and zoom by all the people waiting for trams and walking on my bike, chain it down, and stroll into the park.