Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:04 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/12/2019-garden-rocks-concert-series-expands-to-seven-days-a-week-reservations-for-dining-packages-open-dec-13/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q1wo1220180016A

isuyuyrt8746987031.jpg

We recently shared that the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will return to Walt Disney World Resort March 6-June 3, 2019 with a wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park.

New in 2019, the festival’s Garden Rocks Concert Series will expand to seven days a week, with a total of 270 concerts spanning multiple genres over the course of the 90-day event.

We’re excited to share part of the rocking line-up for the 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series! Over the coming weeks, more artists will be announced on the Disney Parks Blog. Returning favorites like The Spinners and Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone will be joined by brand new artists like TobyMac, I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Curtis Chapman and Colin Hay of Men at Work for what is sure to be the best year of Garden Rocks concerts yet.

• March 6-8: Journey former lead vocalist S TEVE AUGERI (NEW) “Don’t Stop Believin’ ”
  • March 9-10: Glass Tiger (New to Garden Rocks) “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)”
  • March 17-20: Simple Plan “Welcome to My Life”
  • March 25-27: Air Supply (New to Garden Rocks) “All Out of Love”
  • March 28-29: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn “Take My Breath Away”
  • March 30-31: The Smithereens (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Top of the Pops”
  • April 1-2: Rick Springfield “Jessie’s Girl”
  • April 3-4: Christopher Cross (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Sailing”
  • April 5-7: The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
  • April 12-13: Sister Sledge (NEW to Garden Rocks) “We Are Family”
  • April 17-19: Sister Hazel (NEW to Garden Rocks) “All For You”
  • April 20-21: St even Curtis Chapman (NEW) “Cinderella”
  • April 22-23: TobyMac (NEW) “The Elements”
  • April 24-26: Lonestar “Amazed”
  • April 27-30: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
  • May 1-4: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
  • May 5-7: Don Felder, Formerly of the Eagles “Hotel California”
  • May 8-9: A Flock of Seagulls (NEW) “I Ran (So Far Away)”
  • May 14-15: Richard Marx (New to Garden Rocks) “Right Here Waiting”
  • May 16- 19: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
  • May 20-21: Colin Hay of Men at Work (NEW) “Who Can It Be Now?”
  • May 28-29: Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
  • May 30- June 1: Blood, Sweat and Tears “Spinning Wheel”
Garden Rocks concert performances take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. each night of the festival and are included in regular park admission. Guests can enjoy guaranteed concert seating by reserving a Garden Rocks Dining Package and enjoying breakfast, lunch or dinner at select Epcot restaurants. Reservations for concert dining packages open Dec. 13. For more info or to make a reservation, call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) or visit FreshEpcot.com.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog as more acts will be added to the Garden Rocks Concert Series line up soon!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:05 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:13 am

Singing to myself..."One of these bands is not like the other, one of these bands just doesn't belong"

Can you guess which one I'm talking about? Spoiler alert - I'm going to go see them!!!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Clearly it is TobyMac and not Simple Plan.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Berlin is amazing live.

but that's overall a good enough line up that if I had a pass, would go seem most of em. (heck, I'd even go see Air Supply)
Tho just out of respect for Pat DiNizio I wouldn't go to see Smithereens. . yeah, I know the other band members decided to continue after his death, but they just won't be the same without his vocals.

interesting song choices listed tho. . .for Richard Marx, would think they would have listed "Don't Mean Nothing". . wasnt that a bigger hit.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Jew wrote:Clearly it is TobyMac and not Simple Plan.

:nina:

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Meanwhile, in a story that sounds like something out of the Onion, someone was apparently able to sneak into the Wonders of Life pavilion and get away with the Buzzy figure from Cranium Command...how does that even happen?
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Holy crap, Flock Of Seagulls is still around?!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Holy crap, Flock Of Seagulls is still around?!

really just Mike, but they just played here a few weeks ago, and he sounded great!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:33 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:Meanwhile, in a story that sounds like something out of the Onion, someone was apparently able to sneak into the Wonders of Life pavilion and get away with the Buzzy figure from Cranium Command...how does that even happen?

This story reeks of someone desperately trying to get followers on Twitter. Especially when the reports state there was hydraulic fluid everywhere, which wouldn't be possible unless Disney was running the pumps...
Last edited by Jew on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:35 pm.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Jew wrote:
MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:Meanwhile, in a story that sounds like something out of the Onion, someone was apparently able to sneak into the Wonders of Life pavilion and get away with the Buzzy figure from Cranium Command...how does that even happen?

This story reeks of someone desperately trying to get followers on Twitter. Especially when the reports state there was hydraulic fluid everywhere, which wouldn't be possible unless Disney was running the pumps...

The details are all extremely bizarre and (as you're pointing out) really don't seem to add up, which is why I'm fine with using "something out of the Onion" as a descriptor of the whole thing. Even if it ends up being an extreme overreaction or a publicity stunt, a story about that would arguably be just as interesting as...well, an actual animatronic heist. :roll:

But back to the main topic, that concert lineup is looking pretty good.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!