Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

P. 96: SING On Tour attraction announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:46 am

Ccron10 wrote:Thanks guys! Bought my tickets and Express Pass and I'm ready for Flying Dinosaur, Space Fantasy, and Hollywood Dream. I tried doing it through the japanese website (took 2 1/2 hours lol) and it didn't go through thanks to my card being declined, but did it through Klook and it worked.

On a sidenote, it looks like they temporarily re-themed Space Fantasy to a J-pop band or something?

Looking at that site, it seems it charges more for 7 flying dinosaur than others instead of official prices and isn't a site listed on the USJ site for fast pass. The backdrop 7 jumped from like 90 dollars to 200 dollars when I clicked for August 17th as an example. I've never tried one but i'm curious if this policy applies to sites like that, but how do they tell if it's been booked by an agency for you through the QR codes exactly? http://www.usj.co.jp/e/news/resale.html

I'm curious because my Japanese friend who would help me book them and guide me through the site left Korea and it is a lot harder for foreigners when there isn't an option on the English site to do it and they sell out in advance.
Last edited by Garet on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:00 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am

This was posted at the bottom at the FAQ section:
I saw a warning on the USJ official website that indicates tickets sold by resellers are not valid and will not be accepted. Are the tickets I bought on Klook genuine? Will I have any problems when trying to use them at the park?

Klook is offical partner of Universal Studios Japan. Please visit the USJ official website to see our credentials. (http://www.usj.co.jp/hk/travel/) All USJ tickets sold by Klook are genuine and will be accepted for entry into the park.

The link on USJ's website takes me right to the tickets that can be purchased and Universal Studios Theme Parks seems to listed as a partner, so it sounds good to me.

Postby Garet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm

^ Yeah, I've never heard of anyone stopped and my co-teachers use that site too. I saw that site listed but they only didn't have the universal express symbol on the official site as a licensed distributor which I was told to look out for. Before HP I could always buy by being at the park an hour before opening.

After HP they've always been sold out and a lot of companies buy them and raise the price by demand, so USJ updated the policies. When I looked at Klook it raised the price to $200 dollars on a backdrop ticket for August as well. I mean official price is $170 for a fast pass but seems strange that they can charge a $40 premium on top when that seemed to the be the thing USJ wanted to stop.

I hope one day they can put an advance booking for queue passes on the official site on the English website as well, I'm just the kind of person who would rather pay on an official site and be safe than go through agencies when possible. Please let me know how it goes, I'm potentially going to go back for my next trip if this RMC White Cyclone rumors comes true, then I may go early 2019 when my school closes for a few days.

Postby Garet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am

In the yearly tradition of adding VR to Space Fantasy for the cool Japan event, it seems they've gone for final Fantasy this year: http://www.usj.co.jp/universal-cool-japan2018/ff/

Looks like Sailor Moon will take over the 4D cinema for this years movie as well.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:08 pm

Garet wrote:In the yearly tradition of adding VR to Space Fantasy for the cool Japan event, it seems they've gone for final Fantasy this year: http://www.usj.co.jp/universal-cool-japan2018/ff/

Looks like Sailor Moon will take over the 4D cinema for this years movie as well.

ugh, I hope they just have regular Space Fantasy when I go back in 2019. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu XD Ride (and its queue line) was more than enough VR for me last time.

Postby Garet » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:11 am

^I think they only do it during the Cool Japan events, although granted that event runs for a seriously long time, at this point half the year with a short eventless time between this and Horror Nights.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 am

Did anyone check out USJ's HHN this year? Their original stories always seem so cool, I'd love to hear if anyone visited.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:16 am

https://www.usj.co.jp/company/company_e/2018/1205.html

main01.jpg

Universal Studios Japan’s popular “Minions Park”, the largest Minion Park in the world, continues to be the star attraction for fans every day since its opening in April 2017. The mischievous lovable characters have won over everyone’s heart, with the latest installment of the franchise “Despicable Me 3” bringing in a total of six million two hundred thousand people to theaters making it the number 1 animated film of 2017. With the Despicable Me franchise getting stronger in Japan, Universal Studios Japan is proud to announce a new project teaming up with Illumination, who delivered hits including the Minions, for an All NEW SUPER REAL MUSICAL SHOW ATTRACTION featuring songs and characters from the hit animation film, SING, “SING ON TOUR” beginning spring 2019. The stars of the film break through the two dimensional world to sing the hit songs from the movie in a dramatic live show sure to make musical history, promising to become one of the most entertaining shows in Japan. The musical show attraction will be held in the world’s first ever Illumination Theater, a brand new theater jointly designed with Illumination equipped with leading edge production quality.

Universal Studios Japan and Illumination team up for a brand new type of immersive entertainment featuring high production quality with great music, singing, dancing, not to forget your favorite Characters and bring to fans a “SUPER REAL MUSICAL SHOW ATTRACTION”. Sing your heart out at “SING On Tour”!!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Does anyone know if they'll be offering twilight passes in April of this year? I can't seem to find any way to contact the park without knowing Japanese.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:22 pm

^ Just a suggestion, but http://www.tdrexplorer.com does a lot of good reporting, on the major parks in Asia. Mostly the Disney ones and Universal Japan, but others as well. (Bless you Fuji-Q) You could post your question there, and find out what happens.

Good luck in finding out! :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!