Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: OldJJman and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 am

robbalvey wrote:That pretty clearly looks to be Oceaneering's ride vehicle from SeaWorld's Antarctica (or a direct knock-off of it) and I had always said the ride vehicles were the best part of that terrible ride and all someone needed to do was to come along and take those vehicles and make a "decent" ride out of it.

Well, I didn't expect it would be Tokyo Disneyland that would do it, and "decent" certainly seems to be an understatement based on what we can expect from that video! :lol: :lmao:

Agreed! It's nice to see an attraction that concentrates more on sets and animatronics, rather than projections (although Disney does these better than anyone else, too).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:57 am

Um, yeah, I get it, Beauty and the Beast ride looks incredible, but we KNEW that was going to be amazing!

Why are we not talking about "The Happy Ride" with Baymax!!!!??? Is it wrong that I am so excited for this even though I know it's just like a standard family spinning type attraction!!?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:08 am

SharkTums wrote:
Why are we not talking about "The Happy Ride" with Baymax!!!!??? Is it wrong that I am so excited for this even though I know it's just like a standard family spinning type attraction!!?

There's nothing wrong with that at all.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:06 am

Those AAs look incredible. At one point in the video, I thought I was looking at a CGI version of Belle before realizing it was an AA. With this, Star Wars: RotR, etc, it's nice to see Disney doubling down on AAs, practical effects, etc, while so many other parks (cough cough Universal) are so screen focused. And if these and other recent WDI AAs are any indication, I can't wait to see all the stormtroopers in RotR.
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:06 am

This looks amazing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 am

robbalvey wrote:That pretty clearly looks to be Oceaneering's ride vehicle from SeaWorld's Antarctica (or a direct knock-off of it) and I had always said the ride vehicles were the best part of that terrible ride and all someone needed to do was to come along and take those vehicles and make a "decent" ride out of it.

That was my exact thought when I saw those vehicles. It's unbelievable that this ride will coexist in the same park as Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Universal Studios Hollywood & Six Flags Magic Mountain

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

I was already hyped for this ride, but after watching that video I'm completely overwhelmed. Those are by far the most fluid and expressive animatronics I've ever seen. The range of emotions Belle displays in those 5 second clips is astonishing. And the ride vehicle looks like it'll be right up there with the EMV and SCOOP!! I really hope this opens as planned in the spring before my contract ends here in Japan! I will absolutely be there opening weekend in that case!!

SharkTums wrote:Why are we not talking about "The Happy Ride" with Baymax!!!!??? Is it wrong that I am so excited for this even though I know it's just like a standard family spinning type attraction!!?

I'm super excited for this too!! I love Baymax and he's such a natural fit for Tomorrowland! I'm assuming it'll be a clone of the whip style alien ride in Hollywood Studios' Toy Story Land, but it'll be new for Tokyo!!
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 am

Huh. The B&B video isn't here any more. :?r In case others missed it....

tdrexplorer.com still has it in their posting of the OLC press release.

https://tdrexplorer.com/details-released-for-beauty-and-the-beast-attraction-and-other-redevelopment-at-tokyo-disneyland/

P.S. And I love the new Baymax ride too! And the new popcorn shop, as well. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am

Here's the vid the Blog posted this morning.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:11 am

Nrthwnd wrote:P.S. And I love the new Baymax ride too! And the new popcorn shop, as well. :mickey:

I think they need to have a “Bacon & Eggs” flavored popcorn for the mornings!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!