Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:52 pm

^ Well, remember all those bananas he gets into, right? :wink:
Chandu.jpg
"Veggie, Veggie Fruit ~ Fruit. Veggie Fruit ~ Fruit..." ~~~ R.I.P. Kitchen Kabaret in EPCOT's Land Pavilion.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:01 pm

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a report on TDL's upcoming Christmas Food, Drinks, & Snacks, starting November 1st!

tdrexplorer.com wrote:Tokyo Disneyland is celebrating Christmas 2018 with a festive selection of snacks, meals, and drinks.
The special menu is available November 1 – December 25, 2018.

The desserts are the highlight, with new items including a strawberry and cranberry crepe, chocolate churro,
and Christmas doughnut. There are cute Mickey and SnoSnow candy cases too.
christmas2018-menu.jpg
And cute "snuggies" for your hot drinks, too!
2018-Christmas+.jpg
TOMICA is also coming out with a set of Christmas vehicles for TDR.
This is the Transit Steamer in TDS. And yes, I already pre-ordered one, on eBay. (o;

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Not to be outdone, Tokyo DisneySea also has food, drink, and snacks to enjoy during the Holiday Season...

tdrexplorercom wrote:Tokyo DisneySea is celebrating Christmas 2018 with a special menu of snacks, meals, and drinks on sale November 1 – December 25, 2018.

The highlight is the new “Taste of Christmas” festive snacks and hot drinks in the American Waterfront. We’re especially looking forward to the BBQ pork rice roll, teriyaki chicken roll, and the hot apricot cocktail.

All the photos of all the yummy stuff, with prices, are at http://www.tdrexplorer.com

***There's also now at tdr, an article on what the Tokyo Disney Hotels are serving. Oooh my eyes & stomach.....
TDS-christmas-menu2018.jpg
bbq-pork-rice-roll-400x600.jpg
BBQ Pork Rice Roll ~ Liberty Landing Diner ~ ¥500

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:58 am

Tokyo Disney Sea is bringing back a park fave for their Holiday Season, on now.

A Taste of Christmas is like a mini very mini EPCOT Food & Wine Festival, but
only on this one pier there...Pier 33. A favourite rest stop for myself,
during past visits to TDS.

Like before it will be offering festive drinks (alcohol and non-) and snacks to enjoy the season.

But I had to smile when I saw this PR photo of it's set up, posted by http://www.tdrexplorer.com
(thank you!). It's obviously a total photo-shop of the pier, with the giveaway being that "barrel"
in front. It started me looking everywhere else in the photo. It was all stuck on, that way.

I do hope the real thing, now open, looks as good as this "artist conception" does. :mickey:
disneysea-taste-of-christmas2018.jpg
That barrel looks like it's a sticker! It does! :P
Resize of IMG_2970.JPG
My spot and beverage (with That View!), in the back of Pier 33 - TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 am

The Oriental Land Company has announced plans for a new Toy Story-themed value hotel that will open at the Tokyo Disney Resort in 2021!

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_olc/auto_20181128442391/pdfFile.pdf

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.54.56 AM.png

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced today that a new, family-friendly, affordable Disney hotel will be developed within the Tokyo Disney Resort® area. Based on the Toy Story films, the approximately 600-room hotel is projected to open in fiscal year 2021*.

From the hotel exterior to the spacious gardens, Guests will enjoy a world where everything looks like it is made of toys. The guest rooms are inspired by Andy’s bedroom, where Woody, Buzz Lightyear and all the other toys live, designed with colorful furniture and other immersive features inspired by the world of Toy Story.

The hotel guest rooms will be the standard type and amenities will include a restaurant allowing Guests to enjoy a casual resort stay at a reasonable price.

Oriental Land is planning to open new areas at Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® Parks in 2020 and 2022 respectively. And with this new hotel, Tokyo Disney Resort will be able to meet the needs of even more Guests and continue to offer a rich experience in a world of Disney dreams that never end.

Please see attachment for overview of the hotel.
*The fiscal year is April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.

Overview of New Disney Hotel

Background Story: Andy, the little boy who loves his toys – Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest – has embarked on the ultimate backyard project: a building to house all his toys. When Andy is called away by his mom, his toys and their
helpers take over the “toy” tower and open it as a hotel for all the “honorary” toys of the world.

Hotel Name: To be announced

Management Form: Owner — Oriental Land Co., Ltd.

Management/Operations — Milial Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (Tentative) (100% subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)

Start of Business: Fiscal year 2021*

Structure: 11 floors above ground, one basement

Floor Space: About 40,000 m2 (hotel building only)

Number of Rooms: About 600 rooms

Facilities: Restaurant, Disney shop, parking, etc.

Capital Investment: About 31.5 billion yen
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 am

^Very interesting! Do we know exactly where it is going? I googled the address but that didn't really work, other than to assume it should be IN the main area!??!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 am

If they build a Slinky themed room, they can take my money.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:46 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Very interesting! Do we know exactly where it is going? I googled the address but that didn't really work, other than to assume it should be IN the main area!??!

tdrexplorer.com just posted it's own announcement about the hotel,
with a location photo c/o OLC (thanks!) as well. :smile:

tdrexplorer.com wrote:According to the Chiba Nippo (a local newspaper in Chiba Prefecture where Tokyo Disney Resort is located), the new hotel is being built between the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay. This new hotel is going on the former site of the Tokyo Bay NK Hall (closed in 2005).
new-toy-story-hotel-tokyo-disney-resort.png
new-toy-story-hotel-tokyo-disney.png
Tokyo_Bay_NK_Hall.jpg
This is where the new hotel will go. Where the Tokyo Bay NK Hall is/was. You can just see the Tokyo Bay Hilton Hotel on the right.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:41 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:14 am

New photos recently posted by disneytouristblog, thank you!
fantasyland-expansion22.jpg
Unmistakable turrets from The Beast's castle. The main stage live show bldg.looms behind.
fantasyland-expansion21.jpg
The main stage live show bldg. construction. Definite height diff.between it and the Beauty/Beast show bldg. (on the right).
frontentrance construct01.jpg
New Main Entrance of TDL, current construction.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:57 am

From the "And now I realize" Dept...

I was poking around there and here, and just discovered that Osaka has been awarded the rights
of holding a World's Fair there....in 2025. The same year that Tokyo Disney will (hopefully)
have all it's major projects and attractions finished, and opened and running, by.

Now I realize this isn't "The Main Reason" for Tokyo Disney to add all these new attractions, lands,
and hotels when they are. But it's like they were hedging their bets for 2025. Nonetheless, Osaka
won the rights, and Disney should get HUGE benefits, from their World EXPO.

And Universal Osaka, too.

Japan elected host country of World Expo 2025 - Nov.23 2018

Member States of the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) today elected Japan as host country of World Expo 2025.

After two rounds of voting during the BIE’s 164th General Assembly in Paris, a majority of Member States voted for Japan’s project to organise World Expo 2025 in Osaka, Kansai under the theme “Designing Future Society for Our Lives” between 3 May and 3 November 2025.

So, Beauty and The Beast "Land" plus Big Hero 6 (and the popcorn place), and Soaring will be ready
for the 2020 Olympics. The rest of the Disney Resort will/should be all ready for the world, in 2025,
for Japan's World EXPO.

So for now, they got two new hotels in the works! Anyone planning that far in advance? :mickey:
BIE_elects_Japan_host_country_world_expo_2025.JPG
Japan's reaction to the selection. But - no, no, not Hello Kitty as it's mascot? How dare Universal! :P

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!