TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Although I suppose there could be another addition with the petting zoo, it never ceases to amaze me how two out of the three large Missouri parks get passed over for roller coasters year after year. Outside of Justice League, I can't remember when either SFSTL or WoF has received any large scale attraction.

Thanks for the Winterfest photos!

If the weather pans out, I will be flying to KC to visit a friend the weekend of December 7th and am thinking of checking this place out (never been to this park). I know that most of the coasters and rides won't be open and I am cool with that.

Any must-do attractions, drinks (of the alcoholic variety) or food to try at this park for anyone that has attended this event?

If the weather pans out, I will be flying to KC to visit a friend the weekend of December 7th and am thinking of checking this place out (never been to this park). I know that most of the coasters and rides won't be open and I am cool with that.

Any must-do attractions, drinks (of the alcoholic variety) or food to try at this park for anyone that has attended this event?

The only food that I think is decent is the bbq. I think they are really

Trying to improve the park food. I had some fried potato skewer that wasn’t quite

Fried long enough, had the consistency of scalloped potatoes, kinda mushy.

Nothing like you would find at Silver dollar City, but props to them for trying I guess.

The park is very pretty, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Ride the Prowler, it actually rides decent with it being cold.

Also purchase your ticket online, I believe it’s cheaper. Otherwise it’s 41 something with tax at the gate

Yeah, at this point I expect SFStL to get their 10th coaster when SDC announces their 9th just to keep the title of "Missouri's Coaster Capital". I expect WoF not to care at all.

I’m absolutely not trying to spread false hope, and what I’m going to tell you

is or was just small talk. When I was at Crypticon in July, I talked with a haunt promoter

and asked what was new for 2019. He told me the truth and answered “ nothing”

Then he told me that there was loose talk about how They would like to

Do a reimagining of Zambezi Zinger. Again just talk at that point, probably still is talk, I don’t think Dino’s

Leave until 2020? Not sure.

Anyways didn’t really want to say anything about it on here, because

most likely it will become nothing, but it gives us something to talk about.

I also think this is the direction of the park, family and bringing back the nostalgia. It’s been happening

The only food that I think is decent is the bbq. I think they are really

Trying to improve the park food. I had some fried potato skewer that wasn’t quite

Fried long enough, had the consistency of scalloped potatoes, kinda mushy.

Nothing like you would find at Silver dollar City, but props to them for trying I guess.

The park is very pretty, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Ride the Prowler, it actually rides decent with it being cold.

Also purchase your ticket online, I believe it’s cheaper. Otherwise it’s 41 something with tax at the gate

Thanks for the tips!

I think that based on what you have told me that we might eat somewhere before we go to the park and then get something warm to sip on while we are there. If I get BBQ, I want it to be from one of the local hot spots!

I assume that Prowler is probably a better ride in the front than anywhere else? Also, are there wheeled and non-wheeled seats that I should hit up or avoid? Seems like reviews of this coaster have varied immensely in the past couple of years.

If it works out, I will likely buy my tickets through Club TPR through Tickets At Work (shameless plug). They were like $24.99 or something like that which is quite the discount from what they were on the WoF website!

Let us know what bbq joint you checked out.

My faves are Q39 and Joes KC. Also if you happen to like Doppelbocks, KC Bier Co.

makes a great one, KC Bier Winter Bock.

My favorite Blvd beers are The Calling which is a lighter representation of a double IPA

and their Rye on Rye which is seasonal unfortunately.

I agree about Prowler, ride towards the front. If you ride in the back you’re gonna have a bad time lol

• 1 month later...

Saw Worlds of Fun shoot down a guy tweeting that he'd make unauthorized ride POV videos with his camera glasses while encouraging others to buy them and do the same:

(It's in the thread)

Mad props to WoF. Now I want to squeeze in WoF/SDC into my 2019 plans somehow. Worth scaling back my Carowinds return? Previously, my Carowinds trip was going to be a full week off and include Dollywood and SFoG, but I could just make it Memorial Day Weekend and just the park (staying with my mother).

The other major reason is that I went back for my Cedar Fair Platinum, but only have one non-home park visit and need another to make it worthwhile. WoF would be my second non-home visit. Otherwise I would need to extend my NYC trip to add a return to Dorney.

Wow, the arrogance of that guy.... If I were their PR guy, I'd be forwarding that to legal so they can send him a cease and desist letter when those videos show up advertising his product.

Don't "squeeze in" SDC anywhere. Worlds of Fun can be done in a day, but SDC needs two.

Wow, the arrogance of that guy.... If I were their PR guy, I'd be forwarding that to legal so they can send him a cease and desist letter when those videos show up advertising his product.

I mused about people getting busted for using these, then called him out on his photos not being 12 megapixels. He's already posted multiple unauthorized Kings Island POVs on his YouTube page. Dude flipped out on me and called me a nasty fanboy wasting $30 on fluffies before blocking me. I'm a nasty fanboy because I follow park rules.

Nintendo laid the smackdown on Soulja Boy for selling consoles filled with bootleg ROMs. I'd like to see Cedar Fair ban this guy for making (and encouraging others to make) unauthorized ride POVs.

Don't "squeeze in" SDC anywhere. Worlds of Fun can be done in a day, but SDC needs two.

Don't worry, SDC won't be "squeezed in". Other trips will be scaled back to make room for this one.

^ I had 1.5 days at Silver Dollar City when they had their rare 10 pm close and I wish I had more time. That really is one of the best parks in the world.

I had 6 hours at Worlds of Fun and probably could have been done in half the time. That's the park to squeeze in.

I agree. I don't know when this trip takes place, but the best time is July when SDC has Moonlight Madness. With a one-day ticket you get a preview starting at 5 pm the day before. So if you arrive at WoF for a 10AM opening, then leave by 1, you can get to SDC by 5 (it's about 3.5 hours assuming good traffic and no accidents). Then you would have all day at SDC, which ranges from 9AM-10PM to 8:30AM-Midnight depending on the day.

Worlds of Fun temporarily renamed Patriot as Patrick since the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the New England Patriots.

Patrick.thumb.jpg.b64a6447475593186c64e52777467db6.jpg

Photo courtesy of the Worlds of Fun Twitter page.

Worlds of Fun Twitter

This is probably the time I, as a Patriots fan, should make a snide remark that they'll change it back when the Chiefs lose on Sunday. But truthfully, Arrowhead is a house of horrors for the Patriots and the Chiefs have a legitimate offense and pass rush. I'm hoping for a Patriots win, but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch.