TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Do all the rides run during Holiday in the park? Really hoping for at the very least Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.

The park now has year-round operation so yes. It appears (based on queue-times) that they're even running their log flume.

Both Bug's White Water Rapids (Flume), and Gully Washer (Raft Rapids) were operating.

VERY few takers, since it was so chilly and. . . moist, today. but they were running.

as were every other ride, other than Boomerang.

^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on.

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people.

^ Meanwhile when SFNE operates Blizzard River in 40 degree temps, it still isn't guaranteed to be a walk-on.

LOL

Gully washer can get f*cked (It was 105 degrees when we visited and we had a Flash Pass and we still didn't ride it) but Bugs' White Water Rapids is terrific. Get in the boat people.

it would be better if they put the figures back in the queue

at the moment, still only "Sam as knight" and the Dragon sleeping in cage are the only two displays - and I suspect Dragon is only because it's one you can view from outside the queue as well.

it's so weird walking by all the empty sets. . . (didn't ride on Wed, but peeked in the queue)

Going on a road trip starting Friday from Atlanta and I think I will be stopping through SFFT on Sunday with a friend. Any tips for Holiday in the Park? Or are there any local stores that sell discounted tickets that are cheaper than online (~$50). I have a season pass for SFOG so I should get in free but unfortunately I won't be able to use a bring a friend ticket at SFFT. Thanks!

best tip I can give for a Sunday is be there at Opening.

the park fills up as the day goes on Sunday, but Mornings are typically slow until after Church.

most folks go directly left for Goliath, tho if you see it's walk on, grab a ride. then head around over to Iron Rattler.

Wonder Woman and Poltergiest never open with the park when I am there. . so grain of salt. but keep an ear out for Poltergiest running (you'll hear it) and then head over that way, since it will pull a line with only 1 train operations.

Wonder Woman, of course, is brilliant. . so either Fast Pass it, or expect to wait. Superman is typically multi train so usually short/no wait, and Batman is almost always a short line too.

I got back earlier this week from a trip through Texas. I ended up visiting SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags over Texas, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

General Thoughts:

I visited Six Flags Fiesta Texas on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and despite the long weekend it wasn't crowded at all. I mostly rode coasters this time as none of the other rides seemed to be that interesting. However, I did see The Heart of the Holidays music show, which was better than anyone could reasonably expect a Six Flags park show to be. In fact, that made me curious about their other shows, but I left early before I could find out.

A couple of the rides that I was interested in were closed for weather (I think), so unfortunately I did not get the Premier spaghetti bowl credit or the log flume credit. And their new dark ride looks interesting, so I am disappointed that it is still under construction.

Select Ride Thoughts:

Wonder Woman - getting this credit was one of my main objectives as otherwise I would have to revisit California's Great America to ride a similar model (and I hate my home park). There wasn't much of a line when the park opened in the afternoon, and the operations seem pretty great for an attraction that assuredly has mediocre capacity; I got to ride twice in quick succession. I think that this is probably the most aggressive coaster that I've ridden just due to how quick the elements are.

Iron Rattler - rode this twice. Last ride was near the back, and one of the riders in the last row was ridiculously obnoxious and kept shouting throughout the entire ride and down the exit ramp. The intensity of the airtime was great, but Iron Rattler feels a little bit short, even for a Six Flags RMC conversion.

Road Runner Express - hilariously, this was the longest line that I waited in due to the single train operations. I know that people tend to be favorable to this Arrow mine train due to its relative intensity, but I think that I prefer the quirkiness of some of the older Arrow mine trains.

^^ At least Road Runner Express was open for you since it was closed for a good chunk of the year.

I think Steel Vengeance and Millennium Force gives Cedar Point the best 1-2 coaster punch, but I think Fiesta Texas has the best 1-2 first drop punch with Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman (and they aren't far behind the best overall 1-2 punch either). The sheer power of the airtime on those drops is incredible.

yeah, RoadRunner is pulling long lines mainly for 2 reasons:

1) it was closed down most of 2018 waiting for a part (as Canobie mentioned), and even now that it's back up, they only have one working coaster train (not sure why on that, tho I asked last time I rode it and they told me they only had one train and were using the other for "backup" - which I assume means "parts").

2) it's one of only 2 "family" coasters in the park (other than Pandemonium).

Factor in that HitP attracts families, and you have a lot of younger kids who won't/cant ride the "big" coasters. . that leaves: Pandemonium & RoadRunner as the only true mid-sized coaster in the park. so yeah, it get's lines.

also why Boomerang gets lines, tho that one tends to get the older teens more than RoadRunner does.

I guess that makes sense, and Pandemonium was closed on my visit as well.

That isn't to say that Road Runner Express was an insanely long line on Sunday, but it was the only one that really had more than a station wait.

Yesterday I was able to do a tour of the new Pirate dark ride. Looks really good in person and was so cool to see a theme park build a dark ride in house. SFFT team has done a great job with and I can’t wait to ride it next year. I also was able to do a backstage tour of the Zaragoza tour. I had no idea the cool history of it. Like It was supposed to have a second huge balcony but they changed it last second. Or that the top has cell phone towers so they can’t get on top roof with out permission. It was kind of hard to get good photo as I had to keep walking but here are a few. Great day at SFFT overall.

362D6E65-5519-4FF4-A2A6-82C3DB5738B4.thumb.jpeg.149140b9604823a85259c4276cd71c20.jpeg

On stage of Majesty of Christmas

6C82940C-8AF5-4230-A128-2C4BCEDB3F99.jpeg.504d638b8081283510810709b10f7326.jpeg

Backstage

8B1B33CF-0972-4742-9B80-30562426B67E.jpeg.54393bda12334930b2249ef65bd692b0.jpeg

New scoring system for Pirate dark ride

97C4D7A0-7183-4124-95EB-318FA7D58E55.thumb.jpeg.d2b4c11df19a8822fc69e1382b2f29e8.jpeg

The new queue line waterfall

BC7AC98C-0067-46F8-8E61-CC6376846DA5.thumb.jpeg.78e64396058fc5ebc4443440176a0844.jpeg

Shiver me timber’s

DA18F70E-EEE1-40F0-BC40-618D932AD546.jpeg.898ae5fc3a3709107e325e6f9a36c9d2.jpeg

Spotlights from the third floor

F14F66B7-A0D3-468D-9E15-73C106BAD0DE.thumb.jpeg.14fd6220ee6fe698aba117d8d21b7c0a.jpeg

From the vip second balcony that I never knew was in the Zaragoza theater.

cool to see the pics from the theater tour. . haven't done that in years (like. . maybe 10 years ago, is when we last did that. . are they back to opening it as part of the behind the scenes tour? or was this a special 1 off deal for you)?

glad to see you had a good time at Fiesta!

• 3 weeks later...

We're out here in line. It's windy AF. Not sure any coasters will run but we will get the layout in case we have to come back tomorrow. I was supposed to have my daughter back in NC for church on Sunday. Her mother told her she could choose roller coasters or church given our circumstances. She chose roller coasters. My girl!

We really want Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Superman. If we get the clones, fine. If not, no big deal. Would probably only do BTR if we did a clone.

We're out here in line. It's windy AF. Not sure any coasters will run but we will get the layout in case we have to come back tomorrow. I was supposed to have my daughter back in NC for church on Sunday. Her mother told her she could choose roller coasters or church given our circumstances. She chose roller coasters. My girl!

We really want Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Superman. If we get the clones, fine. If not, no big deal. Would probably only do BTR if we did a clone.

I say if everything is open best bet is to get wwglc knocked off the list first as soon as they drop the ropes... Its a little finicky and lines for that can get quite long. After that its an easy loop around to hit batman, superman, iron rattler, roadrunner, goliath and polterguist

Does Wonder Woman have issues running in high winds? I'll give you the low capacity and the finicky nature of those rides, but with the way that coaster hauls through the coaster, I can't imagine where it could possibly valley.

Idk if thats even been tested... Only issue i could see with wind and wwglc is after the chainlift it has the little dip before the main drop and thats the only slow part of the entire ride

Just rode WW. Superman is not testing yet. App hasn't updated, is showing every thing as closed. Wind has died down a bit.

Got WW x2. Then Roadrunner. Iron Rattler is testing now. In line. What a beautiful park.

glad you're having good luck! once the front came thru this afternoon, wind dropped to nothing.. so with luck, maybe Poltergeist will open (it's my favorite in the park, and I like it better than Joker's Jinx).

Another unique flat in the park is Hustler (basically teacups, but done as pool balls). . if coasters do go down, check that out (it's near Wonder Woman and Batman).

(oh, and Spinsanity on the boardwalk, is a "next gen" Tilt-a-Whirl. . . and it spins a LOT if you get a good car. .so recommend that too, but again, it's got pretty awful capacity)