Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Spider-Man attraction concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:35 am

https://www.marvel.com/articles/culture-lifestyle/spider-man-attraction-building-disney-california-adventure-concept-art

Spidey-Inline_1.jpg

While you can have a great encounter with Spider-Man at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort, things are going to get even more exciting for fans of the wall-crawling Super Hero when Spider-Man gets his own attraction as part of an immersive new Super Hero-themed land opening at Disney California Adventure in 2020.

We now have a new look at concept art for the Spider-Man attraction, as first seen in the New York Times. Take a look at the art above, depicting the building the attraction will be housed in and giving fans an idea of what to expect as they approach it while walking through the land.

Stay tuned for more news on the development of the Super Hero-themed land coming to Disney California Adventure!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Shut It Down » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:06 am

Looks great!!! From what we know this is taking over the old It’s tough to be a bug theater right? Spider-Man 4D show, I’m good with it.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:26 am

Shut It Down wrote:Looks great!!! From what we know this is taking over the old It’s tough to be a bug theater right? Spider-Man 4D show, I’m good with it.

It's taking over that space plus some of Flik's. It's not just throwing a new show in the theater. Will be an all new ride.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:17 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Skittles wrote:Obviously, while I'm at Disneyland I'll be getting all 6 credits

Skittles wrote:are there any other rides that are worth riding that aren't coasters?

Based on this, I don't think Disneyland is the park for you. Have you considered Magic Mountain?

Yeah, I mean DLR is kinda ALL ABOUT the non-coaster rides. If your main goal while visiting DLR is to grab the coaster credits first and foremost, you’re doing DLR wrong.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Shut It Down » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Jew wrote:
Shut It Down wrote:Looks great!!! From what we know this is taking over the old It’s tough to be a bug theater right? Spider-Man 4D show, I’m good with it.

It's taking over that space plus some of Flik's. It's not just throwing a new show in the theater. Will be an all new ride.

They haven’t bulldozed it’s tough to be a bug and it closed a lot earlier than fliks fun fair. What makes you think this will be a whole new ride?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Shut It Down wrote:They haven’t bulldozed it’s tough to be a bug and it closed a lot earlier than fliks fun fair. What makes you think this will be a whole new ride?

Think about it. If you were Disney, wouldn't you want the marquee attraction of what's going to be the most popular land in your park to be something more than "just" a 4D show?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Shut It Down wrote:
Jew wrote:

They haven’t bulldozed it’s tough to be a bug and it closed a lot earlier than fliks fun fair. What makes you think this will be a whole new ride?

Fun fact: if you save the walls of a building, it counts as a modification instead of a new structure. That saves property taxes and changes permitting process.

Not saying that’s what they will do, but the point is that demolition not starting yet isn’t an indication of anything.

Large and in Charge

Postby Rusty Nail » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 am

Didn’t Universal Studios do that with Transformers?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:24 pm

One of those "off-seasonal questions" (for some of us) I ask here....

Do they ever RACE the two (x 2) Bobsleds on their tracks at - all - any more, in the Matterhorn?

Just curious. After finally riding it a few years back, after a few decades+ of not being able to,
I remembered it had the potential to do this. So...?

Ha! Disney invented the first steel racing coaster (without calling it that) in 1959! :mickey:
IMG_2112.JPG
I FINALLY got to ride both sides/tracks of the Matterhorn, after 30+ years of
"closed for maintenance." (o: Sept.13, 2016 after WCB. And still... Left Side > Right Side.
IMG_2113.JPG
The (now) old sign. There's a new one now, I've read somewhere around here.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:46 am

^ Oh yeah. When I was there in '16, I think the day before you were, they were racing Matterhorn, holding it until both sides were ready so they would go together. It was fantastic, and worth an immediate re-ride (Matterhorn and Tower of Terror were the only ones I rode more than once).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!