The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Evacuation order was finally lifted for my house on Sunday so I got to go to the park for a couple hours today to unwind a little. It seems like they're ready to go for Holiday in the Park. Twisted Colossus was running with 3 trains. The only (unusual) closure was X2. Gate was closed and nobody was guarding the bridge. Viper had crews working on the transfer track. Heard a rumour recently that it might not be back up till next year. From Ninja I saw that they were digging and doing prep work for footers behind the Epic Rides store. Other than that not much change around the WCR area. Another thought, was there a fire by the park recently? I noticed that the brush behind Batman was all burned. Also, because of the fires LA county and Ventura County schools are out till after Thanksgiving, so expect the park to be more crowded than usual on weekdays through then. When I left around 2:30 the second lot was starting to fill up to the picnic area. Oh, and still no signs of life at Green Lantern, even though Neal mentioned it should be up and running by the time WCR opens.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:41 pm

^X2 closes when there's even a slight breeze in the forecast, and high winds are forecasted in Valencia all the way through tomorrow.

That's interesting about the burnt brush behind Batman. Maybe it was a controlled burn?
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:27 am

Just got to the park and as I'm to Goliath, HOLY HELL! LOOK HOW HIGH SUPERMANS GETTING!
IMG_20181117_102634476.jpg

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am

Just got to the park and as I'm to Goliath, HOLY HELL! LOOK HOW HIGH SUPERMANS GETTING!
IMG_20181117_102634476.jpg

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am

Sorry, double post

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:31 am

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:Just got to the park and as I'm to Goliath, HOLY HELL! LOOK HOW HIGH SUPERMANS GETTING!

it was just into the red on the left side in the afternoon, and right side i'm not sure it hit the red at all.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 am

Holiday in the Park opening night!!

Theme Park Review was invited to experience opening night of Holiday in the Park. We got to sample all the foods that will be available during "Taste of the Holidays Food Festival". It runs Dec. 15th-30th. I believe it will be one of those punch card type deals.

SFMM really looks impressive this year. There are next to no spots that aren't lit up. New this year is Merry Lane in Metropolis. Huge ball ornaments dominate the landscape with colorful light shows. Of course it snows here too every 20 minutes I believe.

Santa's Cottage is also new this year. It's located in front of Bugs Bunny World. Santa's there of course being it's his cottage, and there's crafts for children also. Santa even got to meet some Kardashian's while we were there tonight. :lol: :lol:

On to some pictures!

IMG_8589.jpeg

IMG_8591.jpeg

IMG_8640.jpeg

IMG_8627.jpeg
Food!

IMG_8628.jpeg
More food!

IMG_8632.jpeg
And More Food!

IMG_8633.jpeg

IMG_8635.jpeg
This was my favorite. Chicken and Waffle. Real crispy tender chicken nugget. The waffle is like infused with syrup. So rich and delicious!

IMG_8638.jpeg
Hot chocolate to go with a peppermint brownie and pork cranberry slider.

IMG_8639.jpeg

IMG_8641.jpeg

IMG_8643.jpeg
After losing the world series bet to SFNE, Neal had to wear a Red Sox jersey all day along with naming Revolution to Red Sox Revolution.

IMG_8653.jpeg
San Onofre at SFMM

IMG_8656.jpeg
Orange ball

IMG_8667.jpeg
Blue ball

IMG_8670.jpeg
4 balls

IMG_8679.jpeg

IMG_8680.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg
Someone stepped on a plug.

IMG_8683.jpeg
Entrance to the Gleampunk District

IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

IMG_8689.jpeg

IMG_8691.jpeg

IMG_8692.jpeg

IMG_8694.jpeg

IMG_8702.jpeg

IMG_8703.jpeg

IMG_8704.jpeg

IMG_8705.jpeg

IMG_8709.jpeg

IMG_8710.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg

IMG_8713.jpeg

IMG_8718.jpeg
S'Mores

IMG_8719.jpeg
Peppermint Bark, and S'more

IMG_8723.jpeg

IMG_8724.jpeg

IMG_8725.jpeg

IMG_8728.jpeg

IMG_8730.jpeg

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8739.jpeg
Root Beer Cake

IMG_8741.jpeg
Peppermint Pudding Parfait.

IMG_8743.jpeg
Bacon Pecan Yams

IMG_8745.jpeg
Prociutto Mac and Cheese. I think that's a typo, but that's what the card said.

IMG_8757.jpeg
SFMM is selling these cute little guys for charity. A buy one give one. They will donate one with every purchase. There are a number of different ones to choose from.

IMG_8758.jpeg
SFMM is selling these cute little guys for charity. A buy one give one. They will donate one with every purchase. There are a number of different ones to choose from.

That's some of the most fun I've had at SFMM besides West Coast Bash. And I didn't even ride one ride! Not even the bus after parking in the gravel lot. There was a good sized car show in the parking lot, KROQ I believe had extended hours for their fans, and first night of Holiday in the Park had the place jam packed. Everyone seemed to be in such a good mood. It really was a great first night of Holiday in the Park. Look forward to getting back soon!!

Big thanks to everyone at SFMM for their hospitality!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for all the pictures, it actually looks like a really nice event. I know people love to hate Six Flags, and I know this is damning them with faint praise, but it looks a hundred times better than anything Merlin would do for example, at least in the UK parks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:Thanks for all the pictures, it actually looks like a really nice event. I know people love to hate Six Flags, and I know this is damning them with faint praise, but it looks a hundred times better than anything Merlin would do for example, at least in the UK parks.

Six Flags does an excellent job with their Holiday in the Park events. Dare I say I even prefer it to Knott's Merry Farm.

Thanks for the report. HITP is my favorite time of the year at Magic Mountain. It's not insanely hot, the lights are amazing, and it's easier to get night rides! Can't wait to go in December.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Me and the wife went last night( saturday) as well..the park looks amazing..merry lane is a cool addition...used our skip a lines for Tatsu and Twisted, both were relentless. Those were the only rides we hit and they were both running well and fast, tho didnt get the tatsu train with the lights. Everyone including all the staff we encountered really seemed to be in the holiday spirit. I dont think ive ever had a more pleasent experience at the Mountain. Go Six Flags! You really hit it out of the park this year, i hope this trend continues....havent been to Merry Farm yet but i thought Fright Fest was better than Scary Farm this year so saying HITP might be better than Merry Farm doesnt seem like to much of a stretch...nice trip report by the way, pictures are great, and ill have to try those chicken and waffles next visit.

PreviousNext