TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Elon Musk will be boring an underground tunnel network from SFMM to Universal to Knott's and then to Disneyland/DCA. It will be nicknamed the Underground River with Knott's being the Calico River Territory stop on the line. The other stops along the line will be condos and apartments designed to take theme park enthusiasts for every penny that they make. Either that or I have been taking Ambien and reading the internet again.

I think what they could do for the rapids is to extend the rock work theme surrounding Mystery Lodge, on the backside of the ride to block the view completely of the parking lot. I doubt they are going to increase the foot print of the ride, like by breaking into the parking lots. However a new building for the "q", a new "mountain range" (like the rock work and waterfalls done for the Disney rail road), really could make that area even better. Maybe this decorative and theme work is setting the stage for their 2020 coaster project.

I think what they could do for the rapids is to extend the rock work theme surrounding Mystery Lodge, on the backside of the ride to block the view completely of the parking lot. I doubt they are going to increase the foot print of the ride, like by breaking into the parking lots. However a new building for the "q", a new "mountain range" (like the rock work and waterfalls done for the Disney rail road), really could make that area even better. Maybe this decorative and theme work is setting the stage for their 2020 coaster project.

I like the ambition, but think realistically. This is a re-theme, they will not be doing any crazy rock work or additions to the ride. They are already clearing a lot of the foliage from the ride so, basic re-theme is what’s happening

If the last two refurbishments are any indication, I would expect something more than a "basic" overhaul. That entire area from Mystery Lodge to the western entrance could use an overhaul.

If the last two refurbishments are any indication, I would expect something more than a "basic" overhaul. That entire area from Mystery Lodge to the western entrance could use an overhaul.

I still miss the waterfalls... I asked during one of the Q&A and they said they were removed because riders were standing up trying to get out of the way.... OMG it needs updated restraints and put those back in... I used to love watching the rafts get nailed !!!!

1 of the 2 waterfalls are shown for a split second in this vintage commercial... about :24 seconds in

Can't really do much to the restraints on a raft ride since there is an ever so slight chance of capsizing. Unfortunately that means dumb guests likely ruined that forever. But I agree the waterfalls were the best part of the ride---hoping it wasn't you getting drenched by them was basically all the fun!

I was at the park last Friday and saw about a dozen Knotts people walking through Bigfoot rapids. A few of them had clipboards and seemed to be taking notes, while others were taking pictures. I think it's pretty safe to say that a Bigfoot Rapids refurb is what those posters are teasing for 2019. It was a great day to be at the park, the weather was perfect and there were hardly any lines. Finally got to ride Hangtime and our whole family loved it. It's now my 9 yr old's favorite coaster, but my other two kids have it 3rd behind Xcelerator and Ghostrider (as do I). The drop is a lot of fun and I popped out of my seat every time (got 6 rides on it). There's good hangtime in the stall loop (not quite Fu11 Throttle though) and some nice pops of airtime. The seats were very comfortable and so were the B&M-like clamshell restraints. Overall, I think Hangtime is a great addition to the park and a huge upgrade from Boomerang.

Can't really do much to the restraints on a raft ride since there is an ever so slight chance of capsizing. Unfortunately that means dumb guests likely ruined that forever. But I agree the waterfalls were the best part of the ride---hoping it wasn't you getting drenched by them was basically all the fun!

I used to grab a bite to eat and take a break watching everyone panic when they realized they were about to get nailed with the waterfall

My personal hope for the area is a replacement for the show in Mystery Lodge itself, as a new attraction. I actually enjoy the scenery with the pools, rocks and waterfalls more than the actual show. Maybe something like a flying theater (you can fly over the millions of acres!) or a Vekoma madhouse. Just something new and unexpected for Knotts.

Question to anybody who might know this!

Me and my partner David, will be coming back to Knott's, Disney and SFMM, including West Coast Bash

if it's held next year (Of COURSE it'll be back! I mean SFMM's Racers opening next summer?).

That said, I am planning the same way to get down to Buena Park, as I did two years ago. Take the train.

And when the train arrives in Los Angeles Station, we will have to wait nearly 1-1/2 hours before our short

train ride to Fullerton Stn. Then, we'd take the taxi to the Knott's Hotel, where we'll be staying. And arrive

just before 11 pm that night.

So The Question is...how much does it (roughly) cost for a taxi trip from there (LA Train Station) to there (Knott's Hotel)?

And this will be just after 9pm on a Thursday night.

Any answer(s) will be greatly appreciated, as we then consider whether to bypass the extra $ from LA - Fullerton one way,

(Fullerton back to LA by train for heading home, we will use) and use it for cab fare, and end up saving over an hour or so

waiting to get to our hotel, by train and taxi. (BTW the taxi from Fullerton Stn.to Knott's Hotel, in 2016, arriving near 11 pm,

cost me nearly $20 which was fine).

IMG_2368.JPG.64691eba048c64a318ec66c7e636bb75.JPG

My stuff at Fullerton Station, heading back home after a great WCB and Disney visit (2016).

IMG_2539.JPG.bfb8d81268e72a7681f8640177d693f4.JPG

I certainly bought my share of Knott's yummy stuff to take home with me. (o:

And BTW, these ARE Knott's products. They just can't put their name on them.

IMG_0417.JPG.16070e72c756738ad0da5e9c688c4c55.JPG

So Retro! Our Very First Knott's Berry Farm Visit... Me on the left; David (& The Chicken) on the right; Sept.1975.

We were so young and silly, in our third year+ of being together. :p

It'll be pretty expensive. It's about 26 miles from downtown to Buena Park, and then factor in traffic on the 5. You're getting in late, so this may not work, but you can also switch from Amtrak at Union Station to take a Metrolink southbound and get off in Buena Park, not Fullerton.

I've taken the train many times. Once I took Uber from Union Station to Fullerton. That was about $50. I believe Uber used to have deals if you left from Union Station which made it cheaper than getting picked up elsewhere in Los Angeles.

^ Thanks for this info.

If it's around $50-60, that'll be fine. There's two of us to split the cost, and we're saving $ by not taking

the connecting train to Fullerton, and the cab fare we'd need to pay from that stn. to Knott's Hotel.

It'll be pretty expensive. It's about 26 miles from downtown to Buena Park, and then factor in traffic on the 5. You're getting in late, so this may not work, but you can also switch from Amtrak at Union Station to take a Metrolink southbound and get off in Buena Park, not Fullerton.

I've taken the train many times. Once I took Uber from Union Station to Fullerton. That was about $50. I believe Uber used to have deals if you left from Union Station which made it cheaper than getting picked up elsewhere in Los Angeles.

I've now bought my train tickets back and forth to LA, and the one way from Fullerton, back to the LA Station.

(This is all for next September, by the way. Hoping for a WCB, but if it doesn't happen, still have the parks & hotel to enjoy.)

Continuing between LA and Fullerton Station by train (and then a taxi to Knott's), or directly to Knott's Hotel by taxi?

I can leave it for a while. Till into the new year, at least. Thanks again ^ for your info. on this.

EDIT: I used this site https://www.taxi-calculator.com/ and may have already decided how to handle doing the LA-to-Knott's Hotel segment.

(And back then...it would cost us $65+ for the train segment ~we like reserved seating~ and the taxi to the hotel afterwards.)

IMG_1923.JPG.a3861868240d3a10684b22bcca331797.JPG

A nice Pre-WCB Day at Knott's done, then relaxing at the Knott's Hotel Bar Patio. Sept.09/2016.

726673364_KnottsBerryFarmHotel.png.e612f7d417ff97e93ae59594a2819a1e.png

Where my beer was being enjoyed. Amber Waves Restaurant & Bar w/patio.

My personal hope for the area is a replacement for the show in Mystery Lodge itself, as a new attraction. I actually enjoy the scenery with the pools, rocks and waterfalls more than the actual show. Maybe something like a flying theater (you can fly over the millions of acres!) or a Vekoma madhouse. Just something new and unexpected for Knotts.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure this is just an update to Bigfoot, but in the future I'd love to see Mystery Lodge replaced with a flying theater. Every show of Mystery Lodge is nearly empty, they need something more exciting to draw crowds in, and away from other rides.

I also have severe withdrawals from Soarin' so maybe that's why I want it so bad. haha

I don't think they have the space, but one of Dynamic Attractions' new Dynamic Theaters would be awesome!