TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I too think the front is the best seat on Kumba, but really that ride is awesome in any seat.

Now Montu is a different story. That one needs to be ridden in the back.

I prefer the middle big-boy seats on Kumba (the front usually has a longer line than I want to deal with, and the back rattles me around a bit more than I like).

Back right is the place to be on Montu and SheiKra. Front is my preference for Cheetah Hunt, but the 2nd row is typically an acceptable compromise since its line is so much shorter.

With the high seat backs on Cheetah Hunt, I have no issue waiting extra for the front. I agree SheiKra (and most dive machines) are superior in the back. Fortunately the public doesn't share the same opinion so the line is always much shorter.

With the high seat backs on Cheetah Hunt, I have no issue waiting extra for the front. I agree SheiKra (and most dive machines) are superior in the back. Fortunately the public doesn't share the same opinion so the line is always much shorter.

The view is neat in the front seat but I prefer the yank down the first drop in the back row of dive machines

Back row far side of Kumba is where it's at, and I'm really not one to have specific seating preferences on 95% of coasters.

This this this this and this. Every seat is amazing, really, but there's a difference between great coaster and holy-sh*t-I'm-going-to-die. With far back, far right, you feel that difference.

Back row, far right seat on Kumba is great after a recent refurb. For me however when it's been a while since the last one, I prefer 4th or 5th row right. Otherwise I get a massive headache. It's one of 2 or 3 B&M's that do this to me. Rougarou was one and Hulk would during the second half, but hadn't ridden since it was completely replaced. All the other B&Ms I've ridden I can marathon in any seat just fine.

^Exactly... I have several friends that claim that Kumba is rough, and I can never understand where it comes from. I rode Kumba for the first time in a while at Howl-o-Scream last month and it was the same smooth, forceful, awesome B&M monster that I've known and loved for years.

I've never had a ride on Kumba that wasn't perfectly smooth including my ride on Monday. I've heard the complaints about roughness but I'm entirely confused by them.

I'm usually not one to complain about roughness especially on coasters like Kumba that are amazingly perfect. Maybe I just got a bad day or bad train or something, but coming off the midcourse it shook me up and down in a way that there was no possibility of bracing. I think I also needed to drink more water around that time so that probably contributed to my susceptibility for headache. I still rode it several times but I couldn't do the 6-8 times in a row like I had done in the past.

I still love Kumba, regardless. Even the ones you love most shake you up a little sometimes...to be in love is to accept inevitable pain.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Kumba, but I feel like I need to re-ride it. I was only able to ride it once when I went due to (a) one train operations and (b) trying to get all the big coasters in prior to my bus back to Orlando. It also didn't help that it was over 100 degrees that day

I can't wait to get down to Florida and ride BGT's wonderful collection of B&Ms at some point, particularly Kumba. I absolutely adore Riddler's Revenge (which I hear people call the "Kumba of the West"), so it sounds like my type of ride... and probably a little more comfortable than Riddler, too.

I can't wait to get down to Florida and ride BGT's wonderful collection of B&Ms at some point, particularly Kumba. I absolutely adore Riddler's Revenge (which I hear people call the "Kumba of the West"), so it sounds like my type of ride... and probably a little more comfortable than Riddler, too.

Technically, if you go so far west that you end up crossing the Pacific Ocean and over two-thirds of the world, you'll end up in Spain where you can ride Dragon Khan.

Pretty much anything is more comfortable than a B&M stand-up.

Yeah the similarities of Riddler and Kumba kind of stop after the first couple of inversions, and that’s really only superficially. If Riddler had sit-down trains, it still wouldn’t be nearly as zippy and snappy as Kumba - Riddler is far more drawn out.

And as a sidebar, in my perfect world, Riddler would be converted into a floorless, and Scream would be moved to a park that could actually use it. I know it will most likely never happen, but I’d rather have Riddler’s unique layout as a floorless than Scream’s generic parking lot experience anyday.

Lol....Ever been on a Togo stand up?

Let me tell you what, I would rather ride Georgia Scorcher ten times in a row than Great American Scream Machine once.

Honestly B&M stand-up restraints aren’t all that bad once you figure out how to ride them. The main trick is basically to actually stand up instead of sitting on the bicycle seat thingy. Try to keep the seat a few inches below you, and putting your head toward sometimes helps too.

Every standup by every manufacturer is a turd, the only difference is the smell.

As a 6'3 individual I agree. I would like to ride Riddler's Revenge some day since it's "the best" stand-up but I have a strong feeling I will not like it that much at all despite the excellent layout due to my disdain for stand-ups.

Togos in Japan are actually smooth. And I never found Shockwave nor Skyrider rough (outside of that trick part).

Let me tell you what, I would rather ride Georgia Scorcher ten times in a row than Great American Scream Machine once.

That's the one reridable B&M stand-up. It's also the last one they built so maybe they learned bigger isn't better with them.