SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:09 am

boldikus wrote:Not a big fan of rapids, but I love Seaworld and I love Intamin, and this ride just looks great. I would definitely give it a spin on a hot day.

:nina:

I'm not a big fan of wet rides in general, but I would definitely bring sandals, and plan on riding this the next time I go to SWO! Looks great!

Dombot wrote:
robbalvey wrote:As far as people who like the ride, well, even the worst attractions has it's fans... I mean, look at Maelstrom! :lol: :lmao:

How dare you. Trolls and oil rigs made for one of the most cohesive storylines any attraction has ever seen. :lol:

I actually have memories of enjoying Maelstrom, but that WAS back in 2001 the last time I rode it! :lol: My standards for entertaining rides were a little lower then!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Went to the Infinity Falls media event this morning. Here's the video we produced....

SeaWorld also announced a new for 2019 slide at Aquatica:

KareKare Curl
AQF_18_Kare_Kare_Curl_KeyArt.jpg

Here's the list of rides in the new Sesame Street area coming in 2019:
Earlier this year, SeaWorld announced the groundbreaking news that Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is coming in Spring of 2019. Guests will be able to take a walk down Sesame Street for the very first time, connecting families to all of the fun, laughter and learning of the world famous street. In addition a daily parade, play areas and opportunities to mingle with Sesame Street characters, SeaWorld announced today that this area will feature six colorful, themed rides, including Elmo’s Choo Choo Train, Cookie Drop, Abby’s Flower Tower, Super Grover’s Box Car Derby, Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl and Slimey’s Slider.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.22.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.22.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.22.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.22.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.23.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 5.23.19 PM.png

And a brand new Annual Pass program that seems similar to what other chains like Six Flags is doing:
BenefitsChart_4.jpg

Should be interesting to see how that new annual pass program works out for them!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Looks like a rock solid rapids ride. Could you imagine a world where Intamin started making water slides
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Here's a nice overview photo of SeaWorld that I shot this morning while taking some rides on Infinity Falls...
seaworld overview.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:10 pm

^ Great photo!!!

I loved the video! "My panties haven't been soiled yet." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Looks like a solid addition to the park, and will be awesome on those hot Florida days... Which is basically every day.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:30 am

Great video! Infinity Falls has a couple of things that make it different from your run of the mill local rapids ride. Looks like a lot of fun, and I'm sure people will appreciate a new way to cool off in Orlando.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:45 am

Great coverage! Infinity Falls looks awesome. I'm looking forward to trying it the next time I'm at the park.

Now that Infinity Falls exists, I really have no reason to turn down the front row of Journey to Atlantis now. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 am

Got to give Infinity Falls a spin myself yesterday. It's wicked fun. Much more aggressive than Kali River Rapids.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 am

robbalvey wrote:Here's a nice overview photo of SeaWorld that I shot this morning while taking some rides on Infinity Falls...

So much GREEN, so much color! It's incredible how vibrant your shots are.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JRice92 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:07 am

Infinity Falls looks amazing! I just missed the soft opening as I was at the park last Monday the 24th, but I'm excited to ride it next time I'm in Orlando!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!