TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Looks great. When we visited NYC for the first time back in 2016, our hotel was in New Rochelle and I had zero idea there was a huge S&S tower that stuck out of a building downtown. It was a really cool surprise. Despite it being tame, the views were still great, and you could see Manhattan way off in the distance if you faced the right direction. I'm sure this one will be even better!

I'm pretty interested in how successful this will be. From my experience getting from NYC to the Meadowlands is an absolute nightmare. The train from Penn Station is the worst 8 mile train commute imaginable. The Meadowlands in general is so close to the city yet so far. I can't fathom who will travel there to go shopping with all of the options already available in the city. And it's not like there's many residential areas right nearby.

Hopefully this works out. But unless you are flying in and out of Newark I'm not sure how many people are gonna pencil this into their travel itineraries to NYC. And I don't think any locals east of the Hudson are going to view a trip to this mall as a "leisurely" day out.

Oh wow. I remember when this was first announced as Xanadu, and how excited I was for it, as naive and innocent as I was then, and then years of disappointment as it all seemed to fall apart. It's been a loooong time since I ever expected to see this happen. I'm definitely going to have to check it out next year! If that indoor water park ends up looking like their concept art, I can see spending quite a lot of cold winter time there. Really hoping to see this place succeed now!

In what Larry quoted/posted.....what does "two revolving kitchens" mean?

I can guess, but honestly, I'm not that sure of what it really means.

I think most people can guess. When the guessers put their thoughts in writing, that's when rumors start.

Having this 15 minutes from my house should be very interesting.

Traffic is gonna be like opening the gates of Hell.

I'm both excited and want to kill myself at the same time.

hopefully NJ Transit has a train running to the meadowlands more than just for giants and jets games when it opens.

Having this 15 minutes from my house should be very interesting.

Traffic is gonna be like opening the gates of Hell.

I'm both excited and want to kill myself at the same time.

hopefully NJ Transit has a train running to the meadowlands more than just for giants and jets games when it opens.

If you read, you don't need to hope!

I should probably know this since I live here but I don't believe there's a simple and direct train connection between our abortion of an airport in Newark (not to be confused with our abortion of an airport in Queens or our other abortion of an airport in Queens) and the meadowlands, right?

I know they're getting their projections from MOA, but I think a lot of the success of MOA (aside from it's established reputation) is based on the easy and fast rail connection from MSP that makes it an ideal way to kill time during a layover. Whether or not they get the traffic that they're anticipating from NYC is yet to be seen, but I feel like going after people with extended connections at EWR is really the path of least resistance since it's a great option for people who have too much time to spend at EWR but not enough time to head all the way into Manhattan.

It looks like there's a train station across the street. Is that connected to the subway system?

Sorry for sounding like a dumb tourist, but I want to visit NYC and I will totally be a dumb tourist. And yeah, Bill, I know you don't live in NYC, but closer than I am at least.

I should probably know this since I live here but I don't believe there's a simple and direct train connection between our abortion of an airport in Newark (not to be confused with our abortion of an airport in Queens or our other abortion of an airport in Queens) and the meadowlands, right?

Correct, you would have to get on the air train and take that to NJ transit train and take that to Secaucus junction and then transfer to the Meadowlands train. It's at least 30-40 mins depending on which terminal you are coming from just to get to Secaucus and then another 10 min train from there to the Meadowlands.

It looks like there's a train station across the street. Is that connected to the subway system?

Sorry for sounding like a dumb tourist, but I want to visit NYC and I will totally be a dumb tourist. And yeah, Bill, I know you don't live in NYC, but closer than I am at least.

NJ transit runs it, from wherever you are coming from in NJ or NYC you have to get to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to the train that goes to the Meadowlands. So from NYC you would head to Penn Station and get on any NJ transit train heading to Secaucus junction and then transfer to the Meadowlands train.

It's really easy actually just going to be a pain during rush hour when people are running to catch their NJ transit trains out of Penn Station to get back home. It's about a 20-25 min trip train wise and that's including making the connection. I'm just really not sure how many tourists are going to make the journey over for this. It's also $11 bucks round trip right now for stadium events which will add up quickly if you have a family of 4 or more.

Plus to make it a little more complicated for tourists you can't use a Metrocard, you either buy a ticket at the NJ transit machines or download the app and purchase the mobile tickets on your phone.

Edited by Satans Hockey

NJ transit runs it, from wherever you are coming from in NJ or NYC you have to get to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to the train that goes to the Meadowlands. So from NYC you would head to Penn Station and get on any NJ transit train heading to Secaucus junction and then transfer to the Meadowlands train.

It's really easy actually just going to be a pain during rush hour when people are running to catch their NJ transit trains out of Penn Station to get back home. It's about a 20-25 min trip train wise and that's including making the connection. I'm just really not sure how many tourists are going to make the journey over for this. It's also $11 bucks round trip right now for stadium events which will add up quickly if you have a family of 4 or more.

It's easy ... in theory. The practicality of it right now is terrible though. Rush hour trains are SRO and the daily commuters are jerks (I can say that categorically as I've been commuting on NJT for 18 years). Secaucus is about as friendly as a tomb and half of the escalators aren't working on any given day. They can't run on time to save their lives. And when they held the Super Bowl out at MetLife the Secaucus shuttle was a nightmare.

Also, if you're coming from Newark Airport, you actually need to take *3* trains to get there - the airport monorail from EWR to Newark Airport station, the NJT train from there going to Secaucus and then the Meadowlands train.

I know they're getting their projections from MOA, but I think a lot of the success of MOA (aside from it's established reputation) is based on the easy and fast rail connection from MSP that makes it an ideal way to kill time during a layover. Whether or not they get the traffic that they're anticipating from NYC is yet to be seen, but I feel like going after people with extended connections at EWR is really the path of least resistance since it's a great option for people who have too much time to spend at EWR but not enough time to head all the way into Manhattan.

Here's what I'm looking at. I'm not booking anything till 6 months out as availability usually opens up but if this place is looking to be open, this is an option for us regarding a long layover and EWR. Plenty of time to visit this place and hopefully get back to EWR

2067810891_Screenshot_20180925-101152_UnitedAirlines.thumb.jpg.ce2910e2538de5f537af89496edd0669.jpg

It's easy ... in theory. The practicality of it right now is terrible though. Rush hour trains are SRO and the daily commuters are jerks (I can say that categorically as I've been commuting on NJT for 18 years). Secaucus is about as friendly as a tomb and half of the escalators aren't working on any given day. They can't run on time to save their lives. And when they held the Super Bowl out at MetLife the Secaucus shuttle was a nightmare.

Also, if you're coming from Newark Airport, you actually need to take *3* trains to get there - the airport monorail from EWR to Newark Airport station, the NJT train from there going to Secaucus and then the Meadowlands train.

In 5 years legislation will be introduced to add a direct route from Newark Airport Station to Meadowlands. Then is will take 3 years to pass and 3 more years to secure funding and 5 more years to build. So we are looking at 16 more years before a train. About the same time we waited for the Mall. That is my prediction, solely based on circumstantial evidence in the form of history.

In 5 years legislation will be introduced to add a direct route from Newark Airport Station to Meadowlands. Then is will take 3 years to pass and 3 more years to secure funding and 5 more years to build. So we are looking at 16 more years before a train. About the same time we waited for the Mall. That is my prediction, solely based on circumstantial evidence in the form of history.

You forgot that just when they're ready to start running the light rail tracks, a new governor will come into office and cancel the funding.

• 2 weeks later...
43108901_1073220189507932_7396254148401823744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=50ff76f0d229914112a90b8f228dcae4&oe=5C51F737

When I first glanced at this image I saw the orange crane bucket, and thought... "Holy crap, how do they already have a train on the track when the coaster isn't even complete?" - Then upon closer look, I realized I'm an idiot. Yeah, I need sleep!

Great to see the coasters coming along though! This will for sure be a fun place to visit once it opens!

I'm excited to see what else they end up putting into the park! Nick Universe at the Mall of America has crammed in a lot and that has been over the course of many years... It'll be interesting to see what the developers do when designing a new park like this from scratch and how much space they'll leave for future additions.

I'm excited to see what else they end up putting into the park! Nick Universe at the Mall of America has crammed in a lot and that has been over the course of many years... It'll be interesting to see what the developers do when designing a new park like this from scratch and how much space they'll leave for future additions.

I really don't know how much free space there will be as rent is going to be exorbitant. I hopefully, but not expecting it.