TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ They were cycling Thunder Canyon yesterday at 11:00 am. Empty cars because it had just finished raining and it was a little cold, but the park was running it. Because of the earlier rain the park was not as busy as usual so I got three straight rides on Renegade without having to depart. They actually had 2 trains running right at opening. And as expected no signs of any construction in the back of the park. Since it looks like a ‘general improvements’ year for 2019 I am hoping High Roller getting a paint job is on the list, it could use one. And the hold break on Steel Venom is still not in operation.

3B4AE02F-CB09-424B-B0D8-789AC102B3AC.thumb.jpeg.335d7a335c9066609f43b9c096efa3c0.jpeg

The park getting ready for Haunt and doing some advertising.

If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion

Where did you hear that Looping Starship won’t be open during Haunt? I don’t see anything about it on the park website.

If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion

Where did you hear that Looping Starship won’t be open during Haunt? I don’t see anything about it on the park website.

Looping Starship is not listed under rides for Haunt.

https://www.valleyfair.com/valleyscare/haunt/attractions

Looping Starship is not listed under rides for Haunt.

https://www.valleyfair.com/valleyscare/haunt/attractions

At VF it can be assumed that all rides are open unless explicitly stated otherwise. They don't have Excalibur or Thunder Canyon open, but I can't think of another ride in the main park that closes for the Haunt season.

I'd be surprised if Starship isn't running, but I am curious about what's going on with Raging Rapids.

^

RipCord and The Wave usually close in late September for the rest of the season, but other than those and Excalibur/Thunder Canyon, every other ride in the park has always been running during Haunt season.

I just saw this on the Valleyfairs web app. It says something old is going away...Something new is here to stay? Ideas what this might mean?
humane habitat is being removed and undertakers is taking its place

So undertakers is going in where humane habitat used to lie. Sounds like it’s Essentially a maze version of blood creek cementary, but what will happen to the space where blood creek cemetery used to rest? (No pun intended)

Plus is anyone else really disappointed that they won’t be having Hacks live back this year? That show was always the sole reason I went to Valleyscare. The mazes and all were great and all, but Hacks was just an amazing funny show.

And does anyone else feel that Picnic Point would be a great place for a maze, or route 76 would be a great place for a scare zone? Or that they could fit in another maze in where the waterpark lies? Valleyscare could have so much other potential; if only they could get the staff.

Last Thursday Sep 6th, 2018 I was walking from the employee parking lot headed for ValleyScare orientation. I snapped this photo of some work going on by Renegade. There was some earth moving equipment doing something heavy over there. I attached a map of the area and circled the area where work was going on. Is it possible that work has begun on the new berm and flood mitigation. This is right where the employee access road would be. Anybody know anything else about this. I'll be back at the park this coming Thursday. I'll report back anything I see.

690622161_Screenshot(1)_LI.thumb.jpg.b32e443bf1a6defc14920e63ec0aef15.jpg

2067551228_WorkgoingonbyRenegade.thumb.jpg.b20122a9f01ade6e25f9339311df39eb.jpg

Plus is anyone else really disappointed that they won’t be having Hacks live back this year? That show was always the sole reason I went to Valleyscare. The mazes and all were great and all, but Hacks was just an amazing funny show.

And does anyone else feel that Picnic Point would be a great place for a maze, or route 76 would be a great place for a scare zone? Or that they could fit in another maze in where the waterpark lies? Valleyscare could have so much other potential; if only they could get the staff.

Definitely, we would normally go to the Hacks show twice everytime we went to haunt, it was so so funny (especially as it got later - the 11:00 shows were always off the rails hilarious). I seldom left that theatre without being in physical pain from laughter. From my understanding though, the comedians came from ComedySportz Twin Cities and they lost their building since last year so that may be part of the reason they're not returning.

Also I think Route 76 would be a wonderful place for CarnEvil now that there's all the new lighting in the area but it's fine where it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know what happened tonight at Valleyscare? I went there for opening weekend and it was chaotic. There were police officers carrying shotguns, there was a swat truck there, and they had to evacuate the entire park and close it for the evening.

I'm hearing reports of a knife fight in the park.

More info..

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/shakopee_valley_news/news/public_safety/valleyscare-evacuated-after-fights-break-out/article_da31496d-81ca-5d31-9d10-a9a9529a7b6c.html

Screenshot_20180923-001211_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bfee8e4dec8f6e9c73650271b9300757.jpg

I’m curious how did the knife get through the medal detectors or pass security? After last night I would think they would have more security and police officers at the park the rest of the Valleyfair/Scare?

The security guards seemed to be doing fine when I went through the checks, so I don’t think the problem was through that, but then again all it takes is one person having a security check done wrong to cause something like this. I’m leaning more toward the idea that the knife, or any other sort of weapon, may of been just tossed over the dinos alive fence, and retrieved once they were inside the park. Once the guests were evacuated from the park, all it took to spread the issue were people reaching into their cars and pulling out whatever weapons they had inside their cars. That was one of the things that I heard someone mention in a video I watched on Facebook, is that people were pulling out weapons from their cars and getting involved. I’m very thankful that I parked near Steel Vnom and was able to get out of there before things just got awful. According to what I had heard there were about 100 police officers there and a helicopter with a searchlight. I feel really bad for Valleyfair, they never would of been able to see something like this coming. I just hope nobody sues.

On a more somewhat positive note, is Dark Harvest/Hellside Farm not making a return? I really loved that maze and it was even one of my favorites, even though it was typically understaffed. And is anyone else disappointed by the scare zone that used to be where the blood creed cemetary used to lie? I had gone through there to pick up some Chick-fil-a before the park had evacuated and found it to be pretty lame. It was more of an entertainment attraction to me. That was the only thing I got a chance to do though, as I was heading to Beserkers Unleashed when they announced through the speakers that the park was being evacuated. Overall, with the cherry on top being Hacks Live not returning, Valleyscare is off to a bad start with me. Other opinions?

Backpacks don't go through the metal detector, they get passed to the side and searched manually. I'd usually bring a backpack in with my swimming suit and towel into the park, and at the beginning of the year they'd look into every little pocket, but by the end they'd just take a quick look through the top of the main compartment. I can see how they'd miss a knife or even a smaller handgun. We're probably talking about something more along the lines of a folding knife as opposed to a 16" bayonet.

Eh...about ValleyScare this year...

The beginning ceremony was boring...

I waited a hour and a half for Zombie High

Undertakers? More like UNDERstaffed. Waited 50 mins for this one. (lol for the parallelism)

MaSCAREade was quite boring...not scary...just acting

Carevil was cool

Mr. Cleavers Bloodshed was the same.

Then lots of fights,

with zero lights.

all yielded for one heck of a fright.

Surprised how ValleyFair has not prepared at all for an event like this. Saw a manager telling an employee that she had no clue what to do. All the lights were off during the evacuation, made it hard to see especially when people are pushing and shoving to get out.

^Those metal detectors are complete garbage and serve a more CYA position than anything. I remember stories that said guns have been snuck into CGA.

Cedar Fair metal detectors are the ultimate in security theater.

Last year I accidentally left my portable phone charger and phone in my pocket when going through them at Cedar Point and got through. I no longer even bother taking my keys out at any Cedar Fair Park. I’m convinced that it’s impossible to set them off. I just leave my keys in my pockets now even with a big metal thing on the key ring (surprise, it’s a bottle opener ) because I know it won’t set it off (it does tell you to leave them in your pocket but I didn’t think that would apply with a giant metal bottle opener on them). Every Cedar Fair Park seems to have them on the same pointless setting.

Six Flags might as well be the TSA...

I was working as a scare monster when the park was evacuated. First, Dark Harvest is back in the same location with a different maze and some added extra. So far we have a fully staffed crew ready to scare you. The emergency lights came on around 10:15. About 15 min later after we evacuated Dark Harvest the announcement came that the park was closed. We were not told why officially but what we heard was mostly true about up to 100 kids running around starting fights then hiding when police showed up. Apparently they were jumping fences most likely putting everyone plus themselves in danger. No one that I talked to said there was any weapons despite the rumors that there were. I'm sure it was treated as though there were weapons. Getting out of the park was pretty crazy! I was diverted from 101 cause it was closed to traffic except what was coming out of the park. The atmosphere with all the scare actors was awesome! Everyone was super excited to get started. Come to haunt this year, its gonna be great.