TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

They had no problems with my glasses with a strap on Twisted Cyclone.

The only ride that restricted all glasses was the Joker kiddie coaster.

So I'm curious as to what exactly is the reasoning behind this? I'd have thought it'd be the opposite way around.

I wore my sun glasses (with Cedar Point strap) on every coaster including TC and the Joker family coaster. The Flash Pass line attendant on Joker did mention to remove my glasses, but I honestly thought they were joking and the ride attendants didn't say anything. Strange policy.

Joker opened for like an hour on Saturday and then closed for the day. Luckily we got on it since we went there early on knowing it had awful capacity.

We never ride kids coasters but that one looked super fun (and it was). Apparently it goes 30 mph so I feel like if the ride is faster than Space Mountain then it's socially acceptable to ride it.

So I'm curious as to what exactly is the reasoning behind this? I'd have thought it'd be the opposite way around.

If your item falls or comes off just be reminded they are not going to get it not even at the end of day. Cellphones are the problem because everyone wants that item back then. They cleaned up TC and removed the weave for the Labor day weekend but you can clearly see more hats and items below the ride

Cellphones are the problem because everyone wants that item back then. They cleaned up TC and removed the weave for the Labor day weekend but you can clearly see more hats and items below the ride

Some girl in front of me lost a cell phone on TC Sunday right before close. Saw it go flying on the turn after the first drop.

I wore my sun glasses (with Cedar Point strap) on every coaster including TC and the Joker family coaster. The Flash Pass line attendant on Joker did mention to remove my glasses, but I honestly thought they were joking and the ride attendants didn't say anything. Strange policy.

They were definitely enforcing it the day I was there and I had to keep them in my pocket, which seemed a lot less secure than on me with a strap.

Hey locals. A few final questions in advance of my weekend visit:

1. How many rides have onride photos and is it worth it to get the all-day photo pass thing?

2. Do they allow single riders on the Sky Buckets?

3. All day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are near the entrance/Scorcher, right? $8 for the day? I'm coming from the airport right to the park, are they gonna give me sh*t at the entrance for bringing all that in? Toiletries, etc? I'll just have a small backpack with just enough stuff for 3 days. Packing super light, and I can leave it @ the hotel until check in (staying down the street) but I almost feel better locking it up at Six Flags (I can't believe I just typed that). But yeah its the first time Ive gone to a park with more than just a wallet/phone/sunglasses.

4. Where is everyones fave places to eat? I ate at JBs last time and while the beer selection was good the food was average. Also where has the beer?

5. I know the answer but I'll ask anyway: Is Acro still down?

6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone?

Thanks. P.S. I've been to this park before so no need to pile on the suggestions. I plan on having a relaxing day of marathoning Goliath and Mindbender with hopefully a bit of RMC in there as well.

1. The only on-ride photo rides are TC, Goliath, and The Log Jamboree. So there’s that. Lol

2. I’ve ridden the Sky Buckets solo several times so you’re good.

3. There are 2 locations with the all day bunnies. One near the guest relations office in the front and one near monster mansion. Depending on your bag size, you may be able to save a few dollars by just purchasing a $5 all day deal at one of the rides. While they only give you 2 hours at each ride. You can move your reservation around to the different rides during the day.

4. You can’t go wrong with JB’s but Macho Nacho is always a go to spot for me. They sell beer at JB’s, Macho Nacho, and the Gotham City Eatery.

5. Probably... but please let us know when you get out there because no one hasn’t mentioned it since my last update on the catch car not being at the top when I rode past a couple weeks ago.

6. Lift-Hill The Ride! Lmao! But I’m known around the park by employees as the Lone Ranger so I don’t think you riding anything solo will have you looking crazy. Lol

Enjoy your visit!

So I've worn my glasses with straps on every single ride today including the Joker family coaster. Park started off quiet but has gotten busy, nothing a platinum FP can't handle. Also, Twisted Cyclone is disgustingly sick. And I mean that in the best way possible.

IMG_20180908_095602_454.thumb.jpg.3990722bf4ee8b1ebbf574d85f7e3c0a.jpg

So I've worn my glasses with straps on every single ride today including the Joker family coaster. Park started off quiet but has gotten busy, nothing a platinum FP can't handle. Also, Twisted Cyclone is disgustingly sick. And I mean that in the best way possible.

Any news on the gigantic lightning rod bka Acro?

Met boldikus at the park this evening, we got the last ride on Twisted Cyclone and it’s pretty freaking great. I have a full day tomorrow to look forward to, and I can’t wait.

Met boldikus at the park this evening, we got the last ride on Twisted Cyclone and it’s pretty freaking great. I have a full day tomorrow to look forward to, and I can’t wait.

Great meeting you A.J. Always nice to put a face to a screenname, and it was fun sharing a few rides. I'm surprised you failed to tell everyone that not only was it the last train of the night, but that it was the monumental moment of your first RMC!!

That ride is ridiculously awesome, and just might be my favorite of the three RMCs I've ridden. Its strength is it's brevity, there isn't a moment wasted and you slam into the brakes every time. Every element flows perfectly into the next. It's like the Batman clone of RMCs.

I managed a ton of rides yesterday, all over the train. Back seat is the best, but the front should be mentioned too. Best parts: the first (upwards) zero G after the drop, the wave turn (my first of these... amazing!), the hill next to the station (wtffffffff), the hill after the turnaround, and the hill right before the s-turn into the brakes. So basically all of it.

Also, Acro didn't run at all. Bummer.

My wife and I brought our 10 month old son to the park today for bring a friend free day (I have a pass, she doesn't, but has been before). It was his first ever amusement park, first ever ride. Rode Monster Mansion, the Antique Cars, and the Carousel. Spent a little time in the wave pool. Ate lunch under Twisted Cyclone (which is just as awesome as Boldikus above^ describes, I completely agree, but we didn't get a ride in today)...

It was a totally new view of the park for me. I'm entering the wonderful world of amusement park child-rearing, and honestly, we had a wonderful time. It was COMPLETELY different from how I usually enjoy parks these days (alone, 3 hour max, only new or good coasters only). I don't think I've ridden a non-roller coaster in a... I don't remember when honestly.

But we had a blast and it's a beautiful park that I can't wait to continue exploring with my son from his perspective

PART_1536535981627.jpg.ab0106dda864d16365d7b001fde0b7cb.jpg

• Like 1

Spent a few hours at the park tonight to check out Holiday in the Park.

Crowds were pretty heavy the whole time. We only waited 15 minutes for both Goliath and Mindbender and my ride on Golith tonight ended up being one of the best ones I’ve had all season long. Operations were pretty good tonight as well.

How did you go to Holiday in the Park when Fright Fest hasn't even started yet?

One upside to the South: Parks are open far later! It seems SFoG is open even in late November, this is full park operations correct?

If so, I may make Atlanta my layover on my trip up north and stop by here! Add yet another new park (and RMC) to my list. Already been a record year for me so would love to cap it off this way

What could be expected in terms of crowds for late mid to late November? Fast pass necessary? I would hope not, esp on a weekday but Im not used to going to parks so late.

I haven't been to this event @ SFOG, but according to the HITP page on their site it looks like the entire back of the park is closed, so no Blue Hawk, GASM, Superman, Justice League. Looks like everything else? I swore Justice League was open last year, and I'm surprised it looks like its not (only because its an indoor ride during the winter) but at least it looks like Twisted Cyclone will be open. I would be surprised if it wasn't considering its next to the front gate. I wonder if they'll put any kind of lighting on it.

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/holiday-in-the-park-event

Well, wont lie Goliath and the RMC are the big reasons I wanna go, and those are open. Id like to hit as much as possible OFC but its really not far from me, since I need a layover and ATL is one of the usual stops, may have to think about it.