TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

If you mean zero-car like Alpengeist, then no, it doesn't, but then Alpie is the only one with a zero-car.

If you mean a zero-car like every other B&M, yes it does. Zero cars can twist to the side (like in that photo you posted), but not up and down or horizontally to the side. Not sure if that makes any sense, but that's the case on every other inverter.

We covered this awhile ago. The first car is the zero car in all invert cases minus Alpie.

Well, yea I know that the first two cars of all B&M trains only articulate rotationally. but as far as I knew, the term 'zero-car' meant the first car with no seats, ala Alpengeist, which is the only one with it.

What would be the puppose of pointing out that Black Mamba has a zero-car, if one is refering to the design style that all B&M inverts have?

I was wondering the same thing. It made no sense.

Good God this ride looks awesome! I think I might call my best friend in Germany (Who works for an airline) and have him book me a flight. When does the summer season officially begin and are the kids still in school right now?

What other parks are nearby as I would want to cram in as much stuff as I could in a short stay?

I have a purpose to go to Germany now! Yay!

hmm

There are two bigger Parks near Phantasialand:

Movie Park Germany and Holiday Park.

In Holiday Park there is an other famous coaster, and I´m sure you know the name of this coaster:

Expedition Ge Force.

From Phantasialand to Holiday Park I think its 2 hours by car.

and From Phantasialand to Movie Park I think it takes 1,5 hours.

LG Matthias

In Holiday Park there is an other famous coaster, and I´m sure you know the name of this coaster:

Expedition Ge Force.

and From Phantasialand to Movie Park I think it takes 1,5 hours

And don't forget to ride "Klotticoaster" / "Heisse Farhrt" on the way from Phantasialand to Holiday Park.

BTW: more tons of Black Mamba impressions provided by Christoph Otten from freizeitparkweb.de:

outstanding theming galore...

Q: Is it possible to see the objects while riding it ?

The theming is great but I am not sure that while riding it is possible to enjoy it that much.

Anyway , I think this is one of the best themed coaster.

Expedition Ge Force.

and From Phantasialand to Movie Park I think it takes 1,5 hours

And don't forget to ride "Klotticoaster" / "Heisse Farhrt" on the way from Phantasialand to Holiday Park.

BTW: more tons of Black Mamba impressions provided by Christoph Otten from freizeitparkweb.de:

outstanding theming galore...

Thank you both so much. I am calling Aaron this weekend.

It is quite amazing what a park can do with theming a ride providing it has the budget to do so. Just from a general perspective (withOUT the theming), Black Mamba would just seem like an ordinary B&M coaster to fill a space within the park..lol

The intensity of that ride (and the videos) really does give you a sense of speed and calamity going through the landscape/scenery. Simply awesome!

Do steel coasters need to 'break-in' too?

Obviously they do, but certainly not as much as a typical woodie, I'd suppose. B&Ms in particular seem to need the least, but who is to ask for final proof? I can't tell for sure. And for any rides severly needing a 'break-down' there is too much personal taste involved to make any distinct statement, hehe...

BTW, speaking of coasters. Rollercoasters anyone? You probably might be interested: Guido Andree from freizeitparkweb.de provided a neat video of the Deep in Africa site. The one with that special snake right in the middle...

http://rapidshare.de/files/21455566/deep_in_africa.asf.html (full 5 minutes! ~51MB)

Just in case, please do put on your diapers before watching!

If you mean zero-car like Alpengeist, then no, it doesn't, but then Alpie is the only one with a zero-car.

If you mean a zero-car like every other B&M, yes it does. Zero cars can twist to the side (like in that photo you posted), but not up and down or horizontally to the side. Not sure if that makes any sense, but that's the case on every other inverter.

We covered this awhile ago. The first car is the zero car in all invert cases minus Alpie.

Well, yea I know that the first two cars of all B&M trains only articulate rotationally. but as far as I knew, the term 'zero-car' meant the first car with no seats, ala Alpengeist, which is the only one with it.

What would be the puppose of pointing out that Black Mamba has a zero-car, if one is refering to the design style that all B&M inverts have?

I was wondering the same thing. It made no sense.

Exactly, this is what I meant - a few people were talking at crossed purposes which you can see in this post here

FlippyTrick09 wrote that it was "weird" Mamba didn't have a zero car.

colincoon wrote that it DID have a zero car. Presumably these two posters were referring to the front row as a 'zero car'

MonkeyPants followed up by saying that it does NOT have a zero car, presumably referring to it as being what Alpie has.

I posted just to clarify this - the first two posters obviously regarded the front row as the zero car (which I know isn't the case) and I wasn't sure whether MonkeyPants' photo showed it didn't have a zero car because the lack of the extra wheels on the front (as Alpie) or because the front car was twisting as the fact it doesn't go up and down was shown in colincoon's pic.

we've got one more offride video of Black Mamba on our page:

Enjoy!

http://www.lifthill.net/videos/download.php?ID=31&quali=2 (High quality, 9,5MB)

http://www.lifthill.net/videos/download.php?ID=31&quali=1 (Low quality, 4,7MB)

Greetings,

Greg

www.lifthill.net

Holy crap!! The editing on that video was outstanding! What was that score from...it sounds very familiar!

this is just what this park needed.

i went there on a school trip once in 1999. it was the most boring park id ever been to and now i would definately save up and take some friends across to germany just to go on this. it looks so good i cant believe how close it gets to its themeing.

i also love nemesis but i think this one may steal the title of the best BM in europe

I've been there on 1-06-06 and i must say its a great coaster.

However Nemesis is still better in my opinion.

Off course I did take some pictures and also in the station.

The pictures can be found here:

http://www.turbolaaf.nl/nieuwforum/viewtopic.php?t=987

And some wallpaper formats:

http://www.turbolaaf.nl/forumpic/bm1.JPG

http://www.turbolaaf.nl/forumpic/bm2.JPG

http://www.turbolaaf.nl/forumpic/bm3.jpg

PLease select save target as.

• 1 month later...

I rode it around 80 times and I have to say that Black Mamba ist just the coaster Phantasialand needed. Just like topthrill said.

Phantasialand all the time and good family coasters, but they needed a big one. (Where all the cool gangstaz can go....they demolish the q every time I visit Black Mamba ) Now they got one with Black Mamba, and that's so cool.

What else could be interesting: Black Mamba probably will get video cameras. They've installed some, but didn't managed to open this whole thing. I think that concept was presented a year or two ago.

Also, Black Mamba has a gate for ,,Quickpass"-Owner, which means that you have to pay 15 euro so you can ride ,,the Mamba", when you're alone, 4 times. When you have another person with you, 2 times, and so on. That Quickpass allows you also to go to the log flumes through the exit, at Winja's Fear and Force (The spinning coaster) you can do it also, River Quest and Colorado adventure are also allowed with that Quickpass.

Yeah, Black Mamba isn't perfect. They still have a lot of troubles with the kiddies who paint the walls in the q's and at other places. I only wish that you can go in the temple. There's quite a lot of free space. Maybe some kids rides? That'd fit in there.

Hey Guys,

after the great Attraction Deep in Africa and Black Mamba Phantasialand is still going for a new ride in 2007! This banner had been seen today in the Park.

http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2867&forum=DCForumID1&viewmode=all

The German Fans speculate about a Huss Topple Tower as an alternative for the old Huss Ikarus "Condor"

We´ll see

Bye

Mario