Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I was there on the Saturday before Labor Day weekend and the water side looked packed. On the ride side, nothing was a walk-on and the midways were decently busy.

Sounds like they need to do Amusement Ride + Waterpark Ride, Every year for the next few years.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JRice92 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I was there on the Saturday before Labor Day weekend and the water side looked packed. On the ride side, nothing was a walk-on and the midways were decently busy.

That’s great to hear! I’ve also been watching from afar since the Koch family took over and I really hope they see continued good results. As someone noted in this thread I agree with family friendly additions and classics like a scrambler you can see them building the foundation for this park to have long term success.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:22 pm

As a reminder, Dan posted this about a year ago. The dynamics have not changed there will not be dramatic changes to the dry side for years. Baby steps, baby steps in the form of classic rides first.

William Wonka wrote:Hi friends, been a long time. Yes, the little experiment in Alabama continues. In order to drive this park into the future, we must increase length of stay. How is that done on the less expensive side? Answer? Water park attractions and slides. So, here is the basic 5 year blue print, kids slides in 2018, other more thrilling slides and play structures in 2019 and 2020. Add a collection of dry park rides as market offerings allow, looking for classic pieces. Longer term, say 10 years, get a real cool steel coaster that is not even yet designed. For the near term, we must build for the general population with some thrilling elements and increase length of stay. In the next three years that means water park pieces. A scrambler is a 2 minute event. A kids slide complex is a 30 minute plus event. This park is going to take a long time to build out. Candidly,the rebuild of the infrastructure has been depressing and it doesn't drive attendance in any way, but it had to be done to save the park. But we have made enough progress that the future is bright although not growing as rapidly as I like. But it continues to grow in attendance and sales, so here I type away, looking into the best years that are ahead of us. I like to build big stuff. We didn't come here to build a little park, but we gotta take baby steps, then walk and then run. Life is good and the future is bright. Thank you Theme Park Review Family and Friends, we are humbled that you haven't relegated us to a footnote in history! LOl and see you at the park! Regards, Dan and The General.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Still think Zamperla Magic Bikes and a Flow Rider would be good.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 am

The park confirmed on Twitter that they'll be receiving 3 new rides next year. No mention yet what they will be.

https://mobile.twitter.com/alabamasplash/status/1060776053910724608?s=21
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 pm

^Additions, not rides. Manage those expectations! Lol

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:58 pm

True, how discriminatory of me. It could be a show or a stand.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby WolfBobs » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Screamscape is reporting on FB that Scandia Family Fun Center and Bowcraft have quite a few rides and attractions up for sale including some steel family coasters for decent prices. Wouldn't mind seeing some of these make their way to ASA to help round out their dry side. In a cost effective manner. Even if they were open gradually over 2-3 seasons as rides are rehabbed.

I'd love to see an SBF Visa Spinner open up here. A nice solid family coaster. Then some attractions on the wet side as well. Love how this park is growing.

But lets keep expectations real, the tweet said "additions" so maybe two new chairs and an umbrella to go between them! :lmao:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 am

Sometimes the cost of the disassembling of a coaster (looking more towards the Zierer coaster at Bowcraft), transportation and re-installation presents more costly challenges than ordering a new coaster from scratch. I believe it would be in Alabama Adventure's best interest to invest in things to draw guests to the park for longer periods of time (like they've been doing for the last few years) while saving up for a big investment that would be a larger, more unique draw for them in the long run.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wazzupnerds » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:32 am

I am very excited for the announcement today, fingers crossed that they are good additions!
Wadda you mean Rampage sucks?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!