TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Just looking at pictures and maps, I've always been confused about the parking at La Ronde. I see a parking lot in the back of the park by Goliath, but that is it. Are you shuttled to the front gate, or do you have to walk all the way to the front of the park from that parking lot?

There's two entrances. The back entrance and parking lot seems to be opened up now when the front one is sufficiently full (at least that's what it seemed like Saturday).

• 2 months later...

^My prediction is optimistic and I think we (might) get a Super Loop in the old haunted house spot (between Manitou and Boomerang), but you're right that this is totally a possibility! If that's what happens, hopefully a Scrambler, I love those

La Ronde, Quebec’s leading destination for thrills and family entertainment, will introduce Chaos, a new giant loop roller coaster. Chaos offers a pure adrenaline rush as riders go forward, backward and upside down for unprecedented hang-time. This exhilarating, seven-story loop sends riders through a series of multiple, adrenaline-charged revolutions, higher and higher before changing directions for even more chaotic thrills.

431379647_ScreenShot2018-08-30at6_44_44AM.thumb.png.58433d3753441bf674ac4f08d957c846.png

I mean I think we all lost whatever little faith we had in new rides for this park after they announced a somewhat decent carnival ride package and then only opened a single sad tilt-a-whirl

Well better than a tilt-a-whirl! I wonder if they’ll be able to maintain their ride promise this year.

Meh - I much prefer tilt-a-whirl's myself.

This announcement was one of those "I kinda expected this" sort of announcements for La Ronde.

Serious question: Does anyone think that they will eventually RMC Le Monstre or is this park too far gone?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it safe to assume the worst for visiting LaRonde on Thanksgiving? Or is it surprisingly not busy? Wanted to hit up the park while I have a Six Flags pass this year and getting there on a Monday is easier to make happen than a Friday or Sunday.

• 6 months later...
I was expecting this announcement too. So as of 2019, the only Six Flags parks without super loops are Magic Mountain and Mexico - and that's even including Frontier City and Darien Lake.

Watch for those 2020 announcements next year... lol. They have to finish what they started!

And Great Adventure, this super loop is a relocation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know a reason why La Ronde is closed on Saturday May 25? It seems very strange since it's now open on weekends except this date.

I fully expect the answer to be "because it's La Ronde" but was curious if there was something going on in the city.

• 2 months later...
I'd like La Ronde to have DC theming. Vampire could be rethemed to Batman, there'd be a Grid ride, a Wonder Woman ride, a Superman ride, a Cyborg ride, a The Joker ride, a Harley Quinn ride...

I think Vampire was planned to be Batman: The Ride, but due to licensing issues it didn't work out.

Does anyone know if this park got free wifi like other Six Flags parks this year? I might need it as my phone plan doesn't have out of the country service.

I'd like La Ronde to have DC theming. Vampire could be rethemed to Batman, there'd be a Grid ride, a Wonder Woman ride, a Superman ride, a Cyborg ride, a The Joker ride, a Harley Quinn ride...

I think Vampire was planned to be Batman: The Ride, but due to licensing issues it didn't work out.

Does anyone know if this park got free wifi like other Six Flags parks this year? I might need it as my phone plan doesn't have out of the country service.

La Ronde does have WiFi, it pretty much works everywhere the only place I had connection issues was near Le Vampire.

That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?

Bad probably. La Ronde has awful operations and unlike other parks there really isn't a slow day since its extremely easy to get to via the Metro. Also if you don't have a platinum or diamond membership I highly recommend getting one, La Ronde has a stupid entrance system where you have to wait in this hour long line because of how inefficient they are but if you have at least a platinum membership you can use the member entrance and skip the entrance line. This allows you a good two or three hours before everyone else gets in to do what ever you want.

I never knew why Six Flags doesn't just rename La Ronde "Six Flags Over Canada" or something like that.

Because the Quebeckers wouldn't like that. They are EXTREMELY protective over their french heritage and push back strongly against any attempt to anglicize them. Quebec actually has a law that says that businesses MUST have a french name and that french name needs to have priority over the English name.