TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I think it's a fantastic addition to the park. It will draw guests to the parks, as will the branding back to SFDL. Now the question becomes where do they put it? I can't imagine this would take up much of a footprint, so I hope they don't waste space.

For the first time in a long time, I am excited to go to SFDL next year

[attachment=0]wind-seeker-16-1.jpg[/attachment]

I'm thinking Darien Lake could put in a ride like windseeker. They don't require much space, and i'm sure it would draw some crowds, being touted as taller than the ROS.

They are not going to spend $5 million dollars on a ride that Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point already have.

I would love to see a Starflyer come to DL. It’s something totally different from their other attractions, and can give a unique view of the area while providing a thrilling ride.

As for 2019, I would love to see a name change to SFDL, two trains on most* coasters, Superman returning to RoS, a Starflyer, better preventative maintenance to improve on the large amounts of downtime on some of the rides, and just overall improvements to cleanliness etc., and, renovations of areas (like the Boardwalk or Rowdy’s Ridge).

Not sure if a Star Flyer would give you a more unique view of the surrounding farms, corn and cow pastures than the ferris wheel would?

Sorry, but IMO a Star Flyer or Windseeker would be about the stupidest addition that the park could add at this point. F%ck those ideas. lol

I guess some people aren't going to be happy with today's announcement then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Funtime Star Flyer is a wonderful addition for Darien Lake. They are a fun and enjoyable ride for people of all ages, so this will be greatly received. Also, I feel the name Six Flags SkyScreamer (even though generic and used at other Six Flags parks (especially the Sky Screamer part)) is a perfect fit for the new ride and the park as it emphasizes the re-branding of the park. I look forward to visiting Darien Lake next year to ride one of my favourite swing tower rides ever designed!

I have always thought a swing ride like a Star Flyer would be great for DL (or should I say SFDL ) it will provide an amazing view, and change the DL skyline as it is even taller than RoS.

As for where to put it, I could even see it going in Sleigh Ride’s current location. The ride is most certainly on its last legs and is starting to become an eyesore to the area.

BUT, here’s the real question for 2019: Will they run 2 trains?

Edited by rjr19

I have always thought a swing ride like a Star Flyer would be great for DL (or should I say SFDL ) it will provide an amazing view, and change the DL skyline as it is even taller than RoS.

As for where to put it, I could even see it going in Sleigh Ride’s current location. The ride is most certainly on its last legs and is starting to become an eyesore to the area.

BUT, here’s the real question for 2019: Will they run 2 trains?

Renders show two trains so I'm sure we'll get it at opening, but for the future I'm not sure.

DEXATI20180830085001.png.3240243e01661c69dcdbb2afbb9d0454.png

I'm really happy for this ride, but I only have one problem, it claims to the tallest thrill ride in NYS but Slingshot is in the same park at 300ft.

Slingshot isnt even close to 300 ft. Redhawk is taller than Slingshot and thats 180.

Awesome addition! Also, anyone who has a 2018 season pass to Darien Lake can get free upgrades to a Gold pass right now!

Wonder where this ride is gonna go. I'll have to scope out construction (if they've started yet) next time I go.

I'm really happy for this ride, but I only have one problem, it claims to the tallest thrill ride in NYS but Slingshot is in the same park at 300ft.

Slingshot isnt even close to 300 ft. Redhawk is taller than Slingshot and thats 180.

Darien Lake's site

Ride Description: Thrill seekers won’t want to miss out on Slingshot. Get strapped in and get ready to be launched 300 feet in the air at 80 mph for an unforgettable ride of your life. Slingshot will throw even the toughest adrenaline junkie for a spin.

Darien Lake's site

Ride Description: Thrill seekers won’t want to miss out on Slingshot. Get strapped in and get ready to be launched 300 feet in the air at 80 mph for an unforgettable ride of your life. Slingshot will throw even the toughest adrenaline junkie for a spin.

The ball may (may!) Get that high but but the towers arent even close.

I'll have to scope out construction (if they've started yet) next time I go.

These rides take like 2 weeks to put up, I doubt you'll see anything until spring.

This is a great addition, locals should be excited.

Oh the Flash Sale.

I've never purchased season passes to any amusement park, but the price is so good I think I'm going to do it this time (and the fact that work sometimes sends me down to Atlanta for meetings would let me get into SFOG too)