TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

For you folks that work at the park, is there a sense of that?

All I've heard is that maintenance is hoping to get it reopened by next season.

Most of the rumblings I've heard about the new addition are pointing to an Endeavor going in Highland Fling's old spot. Of course, we employees really don't have any more knowledge about future additions than most people. But it makes the most sense to me- they already have a queue and ride pad just sitting there. And Fling was a family favorite, lots of guests seem upset when I tell them that it's not there any more, so I'm sure it would be a hit. Whatever ends up going there can't be much taller anyways due to Dragon's Wing flying over the area.

To quote Six Flag St. Louis's current website teasing the 2019 new ride: "It's not an exaggeration to say that our August 30 new ride announcement will be bigger than any other news you've heard this year. We're planning something really big for Six Flags St. Louis in 2019!"

Now, while the rumored Zamperla Endeavour is a good ride, and certainly would be a logical replacement for Highland Fling, is there anyone out there who thinks that installing one would be "bigger than any other news you've heard this year"? Anyone who thinks that, if that's the ride we're getting, that Six Flags has planned something "really big for Six Flags St. Louis"? Anyone? Anyone? I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I just don't think anyone out there will think that an Endeavour is a "really big" anything at all.

That's Six Flags marketing for you. If this addition was anything larger than a flat ride, we'd be seeing markers, clearings, etc. already.

There are definitely times I think Six Flags marketing is targeting the lowest common denominator in the general population. In fact I would say that's what a lot corporate marketing you see these days is targeting but especially Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

For you folks that work at the park, is there a sense of that?

All I've heard is that maintenance is hoping to get it reopened by next season.

Most of the rumblings I've heard about the new addition are pointing to an Endeavor going in Highland Fling's old spot. Of course, we employees really don't have any more knowledge about future additions than most people. But it makes the most sense to me- they already have a queue and ride pad just sitting there. And Fling was a family favorite, lots of guests seem upset when I tell them that it's not there any more, so I'm sure it would be a hit. Whatever ends up going there can't be much taller anyways due to Dragon's Wing flying over the area.

That is what makes the most sense to me. I loved Highland Fling and an endeavor, hopefully the higher capacity model, would be nice to plunk down in that spot. Assuming it has a lights package that many of the new ones have, it would really brighten up that area of the park at night.

Sadly six flags St. Louis doesn’t care to maintain lighting packages

"It's not an exaggeration to say that our August 30 new ride announcement will be bigger than any other news you've heard this year. We're planning something really big for Six Flags St. Louis in 2019!"

It's an easy statement to say when no other news has been announced this year, unless I missed something.

Well... At least Six Flags Great America is getting something cool.

Hoping for something significant is useless. There's an empty pad where Highland Fling used to be and they haven't removed it. Take two guesses: Used Troika or Endeavor. Hope for whichever one you would prefer. There won't be any birds of prey. There won't be any any flipping-non turning fun things that roll on straight track. The best you can do is cross your fingers for one of the aforementioned options and hope that the park throws some paint around and pulls out the power washer. As far as the peeling facade on JL goes, get used to it for a while.

If you're tired of the park you can do what I did. Stop going for a while.

Edited by prozach626

"It's not an exaggeration to say that our August 30 new ride announcement will be bigger than any other news you've heard this year. We're planning something really big for Six Flags St. Louis in 2019!"

It's an easy statement to say when no other news has been announced this year, unless I missed something.

You have missed a few things like the world’s tallest dive coaster (Yukon Striker) at Canada’s Wonderland and the world’s tallest inversion/North America inversion record (Steel Curtain) at Kennywood. I doubt the Six Flags announcement will have anything close to topping those two coasters. Plus there’s the $20 million Mack at Carowinds that will be announced on Aug 30th as well.

Neither of those will get me to spend the coin to renew 4 passes, but for the park's sake I hope it's an Endeavor. I would think a brand new one would be more mechanically reliable than an old troika, even if I do think troikas are cool classic rides.

You have missed a few things like the world’s tallest dive coaster (Yukon Striker) at Canada’s Wonderland and the world’s tallest inversion/North America inversion record (Steel Curtain) at Kennywood. I doubt the Six Flags announcement will have anything close to topping those two coasters. Plus there’s the $20 million Mack at Carowinds that will be announced on Aug 30th as well.

I was referring to local park news.

You know, a few years ago when Dave Roemer was still the Park President, I personally witnessed him walking through the park pushing a cart of ice. I asked him where he was going, and he said J.B.s, because they were out of ice. Now, while I don't expect the park president to regularly restock the ice machines, that Dave was willing to step up and fill in when necessary shows that he was someone who cared about what was going on. We also used to see frequently see Dave at the park exit at the end of the day asking customers (IMHO, since we pay, we're not "guests") how their visit went, or we'd see him walking around the park, and when he did, he'd always stop and pick up a piece of trash if one crossed his path.

I miss Dave. Over his last four or five seasons at the park it seems like we ran into him on almost every visit. He was always interested in how our day at the park was going and really seemed interested in what I had to say about the park good and bad. I have no idea who the new guys are but Dave recognized me and when we crossed paths he went out of his way to engage with me.

Spent two days at Great America a couple weeks ago. I really do like the feel and layout of our park better. More gum, discarded hairbands (what is up with that?), and same amount of trash and weeds as there is at our park. Of course the steel is incredible, Raging Bull, X flight, Superman, V2, Joker (except that is a once a day thing for me). Their Batman seemed faster but maybe because it went in the opposite direction. Goliath is, well, just a bunch of fun.

Mike

We won't be getting anything big this year. If it was anything bigger than a Zamperla Endeavour in the place of Highland Fling (which I've heard is most likely what we're getting) then they would have been promoting it by now, and they've been silent since the beginning of the month. I'm fine with that though, if it's a Zamperla Endeavour then that's essentially a spiritual successor to Highland Fling and I think people will appreciate that. Maybe it'll have a cool lighting package like Catwoman Whip at SFOT, which'll brighten up the Britannia section of the park a little bit.

Spent two days at Great America a couple weeks ago. I really do like the feel and layout of our park better. More gum, discarded hairbands (what is up with that?), and same amount of trash and weeds as there is at our park.

That's what happens when you pay $50 for season passes.

Six Flags St. Louis, The Coaster Capital of Missouri, will take guests on an adrenaline-charged flight on the new SUPERGIRL attraction as they soar nearly seven stories high in open-air vehicles. Drawing on DC Super Hero Supergirl’s powers of stamina and strength, thrill- seekers spin and tilt while suspended from the massive, whirling wheel. The ride is raised into the air by a giant arm as riders launch into a high-speed spin, with feet dangling as they spin round and round…higher and higher.

1219741490_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_06_44AM.png.a393aece0e74f6c5b1d69dca573e9f20.png

125917496_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_06_52AM.png.676c3b5ed4976182296c95dca713053a.png

18506153_ScreenShot2018-08-30at8_06_59AM.png.9a307cf88f2615abd08412a8cd9a1610.png

Edited by robbalvey

I hope they spruce up the area a little. I think that's a new landscaped area around the metal slatted fence? It would be nice to see some fresh paint around the area and a lighting package the ride. Although I'm not big on superhero themes, I'm glad our new ride is called Supergirl (kind of), vs. many of the other copy paste rides throughout the franchise. At least it's unique... for now.

Does anyone know if Endeavors have a larger diameter than Entrerprises? It could be the concept art, but it appears larger.

This is perfectly fine, and while I do enjoy troikas quite a bit, I'm glad the park is getting a new ride rather than a hand me down. The DC themes get a little tiresome as the themed areas are further phased out, but that doesn't change my excitement to try this out. I like enterprises so I'm eager to give my first endeavor a go.