TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Currently at Knotts, my first visit ever to America and currently in line for HangTime... That's some of the worst line cutting i've ever experienced... but I love the park and the employees are veeery nice

yeah, people here suck at parks.

Was at the park last night and decided to sit and watch the light show on Hangtime for a bit. I noticed something that seems to back up some of what I have seen people saying on youtube about the ride. You don't always experience actual hang time on Hangtime and for the first time I think I actually saw why....The trains don't go thru at a consistent speed each time. I'm assuming it's a weight thing, or maybe how the train is released at the top of the drop, since it isn't one particular train that always goes faster, but about half the time those trains absolutely race thru that course. The other times they slow over the top of the loops and give great hang time. I get that most coasters are probably gonna move faster or slower under various conditions, but this is the first time I've ever noticed a ride where the speed so clearly varies from one ride to the next.

Currently at Knotts, my first visit ever to America and currently in line for HangTime... That's some of the worst line cutting i've ever experienced... but I love the park and the employees are veeery nice

I'd say that speaks to the culture of California not the rest of the nation.

I'd say that speaks to the culture of California not the rest of the nation.

No, I say it speaks volumes for the entire country because it sucks everywhere... it just happens to suck a bit more in California!

i stopped in to knott's to get at least one ghostrider ride in before it goes down for maintenance. it's actually been a while since i've ridden since the line is always long and i have no patience being that i live near by. happy to report that the Brazilian hard wood must be doing it's job. i really can't say it feels any different than when the ride was retracked.

the park was a bit more crowded than i thought it would be. maybe because of it being monday. still one train waits for hangtime and xcelerator. ghostrider was a few trains.

looking forward to west coast bash!

some knott's wildlife near pan for gold...

6aoiuuLRQFyHvtvcVOZeJw.thumb.jpg.ae1bfdfd08d476e8ce26b5211d986fbb.jpg

MPWhtBnzTLGPtbj6stWgEQ.thumb.jpg.4f92e6f97ff818c339dd0e5417014064.jpg

I went to the park today for about 3 hours. The log ride was the only ride with a line today and it was possibly 10 minutes. I had a one-train wait for Ghost Rider during my several rides. I was able to stay on Hangtime in the rear row for 3 laps straight because no one else was waiting. I would suggest people visit either Thursday or Friday this week so you can get some rides on Ghost Rider before it closes next Tuesday for repairs. The park wasn't weekday in October dead, but pretty dead none the less. Most of the coaster were being deployed with empty rows towards the middle.

Knott's Scary Farm 2018 Sneak Peak!

Theme Park Review was invited to attend an announcement event where all of this year's Knott's Scary Farm haunted attractions were revealed. Be warned as you scroll through the pictures below, as you never know where monsters are lurking!

002.thumb.jpg.d3fbb16d927a4431bb95d2a2fe527620.jpg

Members of the media along with the most die-hard Haunt fans, filled the Charles M. Schultz Theatre to learn about this year's event.

003.thumb.jpg.70a97a96690b3ce71865c7125348e033.jpg

We were treated to a high-energy opening number, complete with a funeral procession. There is only one creature of the undead who would be in that coffin...

004.thumb.jpg.abade4a0092bfbb531fe7f1e71ae1dd0.jpg

...Jeff Tucker! Serving as the Master of Scare-a-monies, he jumped right into the long-awaited information.

005.thumb.jpg.e8673df2226f9612512e9478e927a2c5.jpg

In the first of two new mazes, a heavy fog drapes over an abandoned port village where ancient creatures lurk inside the pitch-black underground caves hidden below the seaside shores. The Nightwatch Mining Crew has mysteriously disappeared and village rumors point to the eerie tunnels the town sits upon. Myths of the terrifying horrors that lurk within the cave have often been whispered but never confirmed. Did the crew meet their demise at the hand of vicious creatures that live within the cave? Journey into the dark caverns and follow the crew’s path into The Depths and discover if the superstition revolving around the cave is true or not. But be warned! All who have entered have never resurfaced.

006.thumb.jpg.eb3a2c26657b37149a6672fab82c6b3e.jpg

In the second new maze, you will teleport beyond earth and into a realm where the darkness is absolute. In the depths of space, a lone station faces terror beyond all imagination. An extraterrestrial mutation has invaded the station, and it’s on the prowl for new hosts. The unearthly inhabitants’ force increases as it feeds on its unwilling victims. Escape the dark entities before its deathly force eliminates all living form aboard the station. There’s nowhere to escape when time is running out!

007.thumb.jpg.eb3e15c43818b311361a712f9c3e9d10.jpg

This year, a new and unearthly scare zone is making its sinister arrival to the park. The lake underneath Silver Bullet reveals the horrors and creatures it has kept hidden until now. Forsaken Lake will unleash gothic creatures, which have been ravaged by the dark and murky waters, as they wander their crypts preying on unsuspecting visitors, looking for victims to drag back to their watery graves.

008.thumb.jpg.e2ee0a4d533a556944469610a5f82b4d.jpg

Ahhh! The Green Witch! Where did she come from?!?!

009.thumb.jpg.318dce1860ca2a9dbae09081543b3514.jpg

In addition to this year’s mazes and haunted attractions line-up, Knott’s Scary Farm is debuting two-all new shows that will keep guests on the edge of their seats. In HACKS – Cutting Room Floor, the unique, twisted, improvised comedy antics of “Hacks” returns to Knott’s Scary Farm with a brand new show in the Charles M. Schulz Theatre. This time around, they have taken over a run-down movie theater and with the help of the audience and lots of “B” horror films, they create on the spot, a Halloween show that will have you screaming with laughter.

010.thumb.jpg.5311f517349ba592886dff1694545929.jpg

The Bird Cage Theatre will once again become the home of comedy and magic in CONJURE – Magic and Mirth in the Bird Cage Theatre. Join award-winning magicians and Fox’s Masters of Illusion regulars as they take the stage to amaze and amuse. Witness magicians Dana Daniels, Taylor Hughes, and Chipper Lowell front and center as they perform on select nights.

011.thumb.jpg.a4789a5ea01ce59a30a6e25c41eb82f6.jpg

A dance party can be found in Fiesta Village with AWAKEN THE DEAD, where guests can jam to the most popular songs.

012.thumb.jpg.58989f50c2419bd739d431365618c90d.jpg

The remaining haunted attractions consist of everything returning this year.

Dark Ride - Journey through an abandoned carnival ride where cruel carnie folk still linger in the shadows in Dark Ride: Castle of Chaos. Now those shunned performers have created a dark world of terror which they plan to unleash on those who enter. Dark Ride will lead brave visitors through a treacherous path and into the bowels of a long-neglected attraction as sinister shadows and horrifying scenes cast the gloom over the once pleasant ride. It’s everyone’s worst nightmare, being helplessly trapped inside an abandoned carnival ride with no way out.

013.thumb.jpg.fe3601d41f324ccb36e64c1a6d0b41fa.jpg

Trick-or-Treat: Lights Out - Scared of the dark? Returning darker and more twisted than ever, step inside the Green Witch’s home by venturing through the blacked out building in Trick or Treat: Lights Out while armed with only a faulty flashlight. Featuring state-of-the-art special effects, unexpected scares and other eerie surprises, Trick-Or-Treat is back to terrorize like never before.

014.thumb.jpg.49cfdb0f7e1839a11597228b69c91490.jpg

Shadow Lands – A fulfilling life ensures a soul safe passage into eternity but what happens to the souls of soldiers slain in battle? The Shadow Lands maze invites valiant wanderers to fight off demon samurais whose souls are cursed to rot within the depths of purgatory. Guests will embark on a quest through a sacred shrine, an ancient Japanese temple and into the midst of the shadow lands.

015.thumb.jpg.4222bb4cccde5f8b6068adf9e06dabba.jpg

Pumpkin Eater - Survive the wrath of the murderous 7-foot tall creature that haunts the old woods surrounding The Hollow in the Pumpkin Eater maze. The notorious creature is on the prowl hidden within the dark confines of the haunted town he once terrorized. To escape the sinister Pumpkin Eater’s wrath, all that enter must go on a quest through the silent town of victims, face a cave of crawling insects and solve the labyrinth of thorns that blocks the way out.

016.thumb.jpg.fa31e078c64da8ebb7a7a58594ba54f8.jpg

Special Ops: Infected – Enlist to fight the zombie apocalypse in an all-out war against the undead in the interactive experience, Special Ops: Infected. Armed with specially designed laser guns, brave groups of guests embark on a mission of navigating through the city in quest to find the infection cure. The highly sought-after attraction includes more bloodthirsty zombies than ever before, heart-stopping challenging missions along with many action-packed surprises hidden at every corner.

017.thumb.jpg.21bbcbb975848bd8dcbee6745a22a9d7.jpg

PARANORMAL, INC. - The Haunting of Hayden Hill: Paranormal Inc. maze opens its doors to those brave enough to uncover an eerie and supernatural adventure. Guests investigate a haunted hospital where the patients were tortured for decades by deranged doctors and nurses. Demonic spirits of the murdered victims have been detected throughout the mysterious halls, while evil medical staff prowl for new patients to torture. This year, guests will encounter a newly redesigned finale scene that will have everyone screaming out the door in terror.

018.thumb.jpg.2329e5827fe58385386f695b7ce472dc.jpg

Red Barn – Take a trip to a blood-soaked barn filled with gore and fear that is home to a murderous farmer in the Red Barn maze. Legend has it the farmer who owns the barn transformed into a monstrous creature that sends his sadistic sons to procure food and new wives for him to ensure his legacy. None dare enter the barn, for those who wander in never escape.

019.thumb.jpg.54fa884d34e3ab70667adcd446749cc1.jpg

And last, the Timber Mountain Log Ride Halloween Hootenanny is back featuring an original song by Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies.

020.thumb.jpg.b60b56527a9972f536f0f7bad54f931f.jpg

Ahh! Dang, how do they always sneak up on me like that!?

021.thumb.jpg.6aa0829787dcdf728c172b0d12c9c674.jpg

The Hanging – In this Scary Farm standard, the Citizens of Calico face their toughest foes yet, the censors, in this live stage show that looks back at the year’s pop culture with some killer comedy. Notorious for its special effects and high-flying stunts, The Hanging is a no holds barred assault on pop culture’s most infamous moments of the past year. A must see parody!

022.thumb.jpg.7beeec91eb64d7d9e5fdfc2158977de5.jpg

Knott’s Scary Farm is far more than a collection of haunted attractions. Every night monsters spill out onto the streets and turn theme park midways into murderous scare zones. Ghost Town Streets is the original and largest, most terrifying scare zone that started it all. Bands of half-human, half-animal monsters prowl the streets and inhabit the fog, while the notoriously startling sliders lunge from every fog-filled corner of the land.

023.thumb.jpg.38c911f0fed71c7a26d0ee9cd1211254.jpg

On the Boardwalk, clowns crave your undying attention in the CARNEVIL scare zone as they lure you in with their antics.

024.thumb.jpg.c7f907692e8548fe54ae5b154c7a37a9.jpg

Okay, at least I could see you coming that time! Though it doesn't make either of you less creepy.

025.thumb.jpg.81bdce5cb8c441ee8fd0904feb2c4b46.jpg

The witches of The Hollow along with their armies of creatures have risen once again to go to battle with the witch hunter in The Hollow scare zone.

026.thumb.jpg.404de2e1252d57fdf8c4688b7da26f4f.jpg

From the world famous Ghost Town Streets to the Boardwalk area filled with evil clowns, there’s nowhere to hide at Knott’s Scary Farm.

The Knott’s Scary Farm Pass returns for the 2018 season and offers unlimited visits to all 25 event nights. Current 2018 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passholders can purchase the pass at the limited time price of $85 and non-passholders can purchase the Scary Farm Pass for just $95.

Visit knottsscaryfarm.com for all of the different ticket types and general information to ensure you get every last scare out of your experience.

Thank you to the entire Knott's team for inviting Theme Park Review to this sneak peak; we can't wait for this season's screamings!

001.thumb.JPG.2b68709782f245e402aae78771edb1ec.JPG

Welcome back to Knott's Scary Farm!

So this happened. I booked day tickets for Friday, September 21st and accidentally booked 2. Any non passholders who fancy going that day, PM me. I also booked the full hotel + scary farm/frightlane package, mercifully only for one. Wallet is screaming lol. Bring on late September!

Will Ghostrider be back in action by then or is it down for the season?

So this happened. I booked day tickets for Friday, September 21st and accidentally booked 2. Any non passholders who fancy going that day, PM me. I also booked the full hotel + scary farm/frightlane package, mercifully only for one. Wallet is screaming lol. Bring on late September!

Will Ghostrider be back in action by then or is it down for the season?

can't get a refund for the extra ticket?

as long as everything works out as they have planned, Ghostrider should be open on the 21st.

1294378055_ScreenShot2018-08-31at2_11_08PM.thumb.png.69d61e48908d438403bca81d9db7b677.png

Wow only 2 new mazes??

2-3 new mazes per year is the norm for Knott's. The good thing is that they have really upped their production in the last 5 years, so the returning mazes don't feel nearly as tired as they used to.

2 new mazes is pretty normal for Knotts. But we’re also getting a new street zone “Forsaken Lake” underneath Silver Bullet, the new Time Zombies VR experience in the Boardwalk arcade and a show in Birdcage theater which hasn’t happened in a few years. Also keep an eye out for new atmospheric elements and characters all throughout the park this year.

KSF starts in exactly 2 weeks!

GhostRider’s midcourse break run is being reinstalled.

I feel like this won't do anything to help the problem. It would be one thing if they have to wait to dispatch the train on every cycle, but when I'm there I find that they consistently dispatch with the second train either stacked or at the slow moving part of the brake run. Something that I think would help is to reprogram the final brake run so that it doesn't add around 15-20 seconds to the cycle time when it is running one train.

I feel like this won't do anything to help the problem. It would be one thing if they have to wait to dispatch the train on every cycle, but when I'm there I find that they consistently dispatch with the second train either stacked or at the slow moving part of the brake run. Something that I think would help is to reprogram the final brake run so that it doesn't add around 15-20 seconds to the cycle time when it is running one train.

yeah, maybe the fastest i've ever seen them dispatch was when the other train hit the brake run, maybe. but most often, like you said, on that slow af return brake run. so, hopefully, this isn't to actually use it as a trim. the ride is still really smooth, unlike most GCI's after a few years. but maybe it is doing more damage to the track than anticipated.

You mean they are removing the magnetic brake run and reinstalling the block brake? You're joking right?

They were reinstalling the block brake yesterday, I don't know if they're actually going to turn it on or not. I'm hoping it is to improve the pace at which they send out trains because operations are pretty slow. Or maybe it's for 3 train operations. That would be extremely useful during Merry Farm when the park is super packed.