TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I do wish they would put some sort of flat rides over by the Zumanjaro path though, there is a decent amount of room there and would give people more of a reason to walk out that way.

I see your point, but if they get a Frisbee then I just want to state that I wholeheartedly approve of it's placement in the Holiday in the Park section of the park.

I do wish they would put some sort of flat rides over by the Zumanjaro path though, there is a decent amount of room there and would give people more of a reason to walk out that way.

I see your point, but if they get a Frisbee then I just want to state that I wholeheartedly approve of it's placement in the Holiday in the Park section of the park.

This is the type of thinking I could get behind!

They have really done a good job at adding stuff into that area if they put a discovery there. I haven't been on cyborg yet but that justice league and possibly a discovery and it's really shaped out well.

This. Eventually I could see them either building another coaster between Ka and El Toro, or a line of flats that build up a possible expansion behind the tower...

They have really done a good job at adding stuff into that area if they put a discovery there. I haven't been on cyborg yet but that justice league and possibly a discovery and it's really shaped out well.

This. Eventually I could see them either building another coaster between Ka and El Toro, or a line of flats that build up a possible expansion behind the tower...

I second this. There is so much land there to develop.

...why shouldn't they all get Giant Discoveries? They are great rides, have good capacity, and the GP (and most enthusiasts) love them.

If they all run crazy long cycles and then take forever to park in the home position like SFMM’s, I’m not sure this is true...

Season pass question... I'm from Ohio, but have a 2018 SF Gold season pass that I bought last year during the sale and used it at a few six flags parks already (including SF Gr Adv.). If I renew, do I have to go back to Great Adventure to process it, or is it automatically processed? I'm heading down to Georgia soon so I wanted to decide if I should buy it for that park instead, or just simply renew it.

Season pass question... I'm from Ohio, but have a 2018 SF Gold season pass that I bought last year during the sale and used it at a few six flags parks already (including SF Gr Adv.). If I renew, do I have to go back to Great Adventure to process it, or is it automatically processed? I'm heading down to Georgia soon so I wanted to decide if I should buy it for that park instead, or just simply renew it.

Whatever park you buy from for 2019 is where you have to process it. So, if you buy off of SFGAdv website you have to process it there. Since, all gold passes have the same benefits at all parks, they don't want people just going to the site and buying at the parks that sell them the cheapest that are nowhere near where the person lives and isn't their actual closest (home)SF park.

FYI, many benefits from 2018 Gold Passes bought during last years fall sale are now just gold plus membership benefits. SF grandfathered those passes in 2018, but the new list of benefits chart is different for gold passes. If you value those extras yu might end up having to get a membership, which is about $30 to $40 more on annual basis.

...why shouldn't they all get Giant Discoveries? They are great rides, have good capacity, and the GP (and most enthusiasts) love them.

If they all run crazy long cycles and then take forever to park in the home position like SFMM’s, I’m not sure this is true...

The giant discoveries take quite a bit of time to reach their max swing and then eventually slow down. I'd say the cycles are almost 4 minutes in length, so despite holding a ton of people, they don't run as many cycles per hour as other flats.

Six Flags has announced that the upcoming horror film Hell Fest will be the subject of a new maze for Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure!

hflogo.thumb.PNG.f9ade717382397ec289b41226768297a.PNG

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, and CBS Films today announced an exclusive national partnership to provide Six Flags guests with a unique experience in support of CBS Films and Lionsgate’s latest horror movie release, Hell Fest, in theaters Friday, September 28, 2018.

Experience the haunted maze from the #HellFestMovie, in theaters Sept. 28, at three #SixFlags theme parks this #FrightFest.

In collaboration with Hell Fest creators, Six Flags and CBS Films are launching new haunted attractions based on the movie at three Six Flags theme parks this Fright Fest. The company’s industry leading entertainment teams at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA, Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ, and Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL, will transform haunted mazes into real life replicas of the movie’s most unnerving, goriest and most epic scenes.

“Our guests visit Fright Fest to experience the scariest and most haunting attractions in North America. Partnering with CBS Films adds a new, completely immersive in-park experience to our existing lineup and will take this year’s event to a whole new level of fear,” said Vice President of North America Strategic Marketing & Partnerships Stephanie Borges.

Guests who are brave enough to enter will walk through the Devil’s Mouth into The Hell Fest Maze and venture through a number of rooms, each themed to depict scenes straight from the movie, including:

• The Mausoleum, an increasingly narrow corridor that forces guests to feel the touch of death;
  • The Mask Room a haunting room filled with floating white faces that could spring to life when visitors least expect it;
  • The Doll Room, filled with dolls straight out of the worst nightmares; and
  • The Torture Chamber, where the bodies of the disassembled, dissected and disemboweled wish to share their horrific ending.

Room by room, guests must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist.

“Fall means Halloween and for millions of people, Halloween means Fright Fest at their favorite Six Flags theme park,” commented the film’s director Gregory Plotkin, who continued, “We are excited for Six Flags patrons to have the unique opportunity to step inside the terrifying world of ‘Hell Fest.’ I can’t wait to hear the screams and laughter!”

Six Flags will also promote the movie’s nationwide release through Six Flags Media Networks platforms, including Nielsen measured Six Flags TV.

Fright Fest runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 15 through October 31. Operating schedules vary by park. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

Devil.thumb.jpg.3bc1f4536eadf4f44332980cab383082.jpg

HiRezFF_logo.thumb.jpg.07d7b6ab5ba1200ae12423c78b9c7beb.jpg

TheOther.thumb.jpg.8590b0c26dacb3219155f7ae57e281ea.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Whatever park you buy from for 2019 is where you have to process it. So, if you buy off of SFGAdv website you have to process it there. Since, all gold passes have the same benefits at all parks, they don't want people just going to the site and buying at the parks that sell them the cheapest that are nowhere near where the person lives and isn't their actual closest (home)SF park.

FYI, many benefits from 2018 Gold Passes bought during last years fall sale are now just gold plus membership benefits. SF grandfathered those passes in 2018, but the new list of benefits chart is different for gold passes. If you value those extras yu might end up having to get a membership, which is about $30 to $40 more on annual basis.

Okay, so that means EVEN on renewals, too, correct?

If I walked up to the park and saw that I'd turn right around and go to Wildwood, Dorney, hell even Seaside or Point Pleasant.

So I was at the park on Sunday and had a few thoughts (in no particular order):

I think Nitro is a bit underrated in the pantheon of B&M hypers. I never hear it really get talked about much, but it's actually really solid. I would put it solidly in my 2nd tier of hypers (somewhere in the 4-8 range).

Holy crap everything at this park is spread out as far as it possibly can be from everything else. I don't exactly know why the park is laid out this way, but getting from one thing to another felt like it was a lot more inconvenient than it needed to be, even with rides that look like they're right next to each other on the map.

You don't think mist on a roller coaster is that big of a deal until you're going 128mph. Then it's like being sandblasted in the face. I imagine a drizzle (or more) would have felt like being waterboarded.

Ka was having all kinds of issues. It went up and down a bunch, and when I was finally able to get in like it seemed like it would launch a few trains, then they'd advance a train to the launch position and the 2nd train would stay in the rear station, and it would be 10 mins before they'd get the front train launched and the 2nd one emptied.

I know the answer why is 'Six Flags', but it's really kind of depressing to see a ride that was designed with 4 stations and at least 4 trains (for some reason I was thinking 6, but I'm not sure) operate w/ one station & 2 trains. I get the staffing/cost thing & that they can't keep throughput high enough to really need the 2nd side, but I feel like they could at least run w/ 3 trains and use the rear station as an unload platform. That way, they'd always be unloading one train, loading another, and sending a third around the track.

Zumanjaro is awesome. Absolutely brilliant ride. It sucks what it does to Ka's capacity though. And the aforementioned being out in the middle of nowhere thing.

Has Ka always had the trim brake as you start going back down?

El Toro. I always hear everybody talk about how awesome El Toro is and how much they love it. It was closed on my last visit, but on my first trip 6 years ago I didn't really like it because of the restraints (though I couldn't remember exactly why). Here's the deal: I'm a chunky guy (5'7". 250lbs), but I've never not fit in a roller coaster. The lap bar on El Toro has bits on the end that sort of make the part that faces you curve, presumably to match the contour of one's waist. Instead, those curved bits digs into my gut in a way that makes it feel like the lapbar is trying to rip my flab from the rest of my body as I'm flung around on the ride. It's an incredibly uncomfortable sensation, and one that I can probably only change by losing 50lbs. A standard Intamin T-bar like what's on Millennium Force (or even some of the less awesome ones like on the Superman coasters) would be fine, since those rest against the thighs. But the woodie restraints and I do not get along, which was a bummer for sure (especially since I'm going to be in Korea soon and will be planning to hit T Express).

Skull Mountain was a surprise. I've ridden it before, but for some reason had it in my head that it was a lot less of a ride than it actually is. I was really impressed.

So I know it's been gone for a while now, but what was the reason Six Flags got rid of Rolling Thunder? And why did they not demolish the part that's under El Toro?

The loose article policy for Ka/Toro wasn't that awful, but both rides were only 10-15min waits. After I did a few laps on Zumanjaro and came back by Ka, the line had to have been well over an hour (if not longer), which would have been considerably less fun to wait in, especially if it kept breaking down every few launches. It's also silly that they have as few lockers as they do and only 2 kiosks at each ride (that for whatever reason people have a hard time figuring out how to use). Also, both times I got a locker, I got a fraud alert from my credit card company.