TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Well, at least we're getting a Loop Coaster we can actually call a Loop Coaster

It's not a giga, but should be a decent addition. I don't know the specifics on the differences between Premier's version and the S&S one... Do they differ in any significant way? They more or less seem to do the same three launches then send you through a secondary loop on top of the station before finishing....

I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride.

I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride.

Their website specifically points out that they do Steel Coasters.

Go right to their website (www.skyhigherectorsllc.com) and it says "Leaders in Quality Steel Coaster Erection".

All they talk about is a lot of steel on their site.

It's definitely looking like this will be steel! They could, of course, have submitted a bid for a water coaster/water slide project here and got awarded it. They could dabble into that, but they're all about the steel it looks like!

Yes, it'll use steel it appears. But as stated they have also done flat ride installs. The reason I don't think this is a flat is it is on a nice sized plot of land. Honestly a Sky Rocket or the S&S equivalent might be a bit disappointing though. But we do know corporate likes the concept.

Edited by Danrarbc

I always thought pro slide did their own installations which would lead me to believe this is not a water park addition. And yes they do other rides but I think we know that it would be for the dry park and not the water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not one water ride on this company’s page. They deal in steel. Still think coaster.

Just because they haven't done one before doesn't mean they won't do one.

Correct. They're a local company that has done work on some other stuff at SFGAm, so it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility that Six Flags might contract thrm to build a water ride, even if they've never done it before.

I've seen it noticed elsewhere (sorry if I missed it on this thread) that our teasers (except for the Water Park setting) match up pretty well with what SFMM is teasing, and the cleared areas are similar size. This being Six Flags and the other clues we have (names, etc) seems pretty likely that both parks are getting the same thing (a launched racing coaster?)

^Sounds like the ride surveys were identical too, so it is starting to look that way. As long as it is a good ride, I don’t care if they are clones. Saves the chain money. MM has a teaser about “launching into 2019,” so a launch coaster seems likely there, and hopefully here too.

You guys can take this as you will but from what I have been told by friends who know people at S&S that they denied that SFMM is getting a coaster from S&S. The dude did say SFGAM is getting a S&S coaster focused on speed and not inversions. Take this as you will.

Found this on the SFMM thread, so I'm thinking more of an S&S coaster now

I thought the 175 yard sign from the Demon Railroad Crossing was interesting to me. Having been to the park, I scouted this out.

[attachment=0]ropescourse.JPG[/attachment]

Maybe they're doing something with the old Sky Trail location?

If they move Hometown Fun machine to where Sky Trail was, that would make a lot more room for an launch coaster (I'm growing more and more convinced about this). The only problem is they probably would've removed it by now.

I thought the 175 yard sign from the Demon Railroad Crossing was interesting to me. Having been to the park, I scouted this out.

[attachment=0]ropescourse.JPG[/attachment]

Maybe they're doing something with the old Sky Trail location?

If they move Hometown Fun machine to where Sky Trail was, that would make a lot more room for an launch coaster (I'm growing more and more convinced about this). The only problem is they probably would've removed it by now.

Unless of course it is a small footprint ride like the models already mentioned over the last couple of pages. No need for that land in that case.

A Tourbillon would probably fit in the Sky Trail site.

I can't make heads or tails out of these teasers.

I thought for sure that the tearing down of the Pictorium meant that they were going to open up a direct path to the water park right from near the Sky Trek tower, which would make a lot of sense, as opposed to needing to walk all the way back to Viper.

Perhaps they are doing both: opening a direct path and having a coaster that using some of that land and perhaps the "old" water park entrance pathway.

In any event, it's fun that we don't know about SFMM and SFGAm's plans this late in the game.

I thought for sure that the tearing down of the Pictorium meant that they were going to open up a direct path to the water park right from near the Sky Trek tower, which would make a lot of sense, as opposed to needing to walk all the way back to Viper.

Perhaps they are doing both: opening a direct path and having a coaster that using some of that land and perhaps the "old" water park entrance pathway.

In any event, it's fun that we don't know about SFMM and SFGAm's plans this late in the game.

If their goal was a more direct path to the water park, they already could have easily done that without removing anything by using the area by Sky Trek Tower (and didn't they actually have an alternate entrance down that way already at one point for 'early access' or something?

If their goal was a more direct path to the water park, they already could have easily done that without removing anything by using the area by Sky Trek Tower (and didn't they actually have an alternate entrance down that way already at one point for 'early access' or something?

Sorry, I don't know if they ever had a path (I've only gone to the waterpark a couple of times). I thought the Pictorium was basically "the area by Sky Trek Tower," but I get your point: the path did not require them to tear down anything, could have just circumvented it.

I still wonder if they will do both in that area.

Six Flags has announced that the upcoming horror film Hell Fest will be the subject of a new maze for Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America!

hflogo.thumb.PNG.03a763c31407b9189ac3711dfe79bdb8.PNG

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, and CBS Films today announced an exclusive national partnership to provide Six Flags guests with a unique experience in support of CBS Films and Lionsgate’s latest horror movie release, Hell Fest, in theaters Friday, September 28, 2018.

Experience the haunted maze from the #HellFestMovie, in theaters Sept. 28, at three #SixFlags theme parks this #FrightFest.

In collaboration with Hell Fest creators, Six Flags and CBS Films are launching new haunted attractions based on the movie at three Six Flags theme parks this Fright Fest. The company’s industry leading entertainment teams at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA, Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ, and Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL, will transform haunted mazes into real life replicas of the movie’s most unnerving, goriest and most epic scenes.

“Our guests visit Fright Fest to experience the scariest and most haunting attractions in North America. Partnering with CBS Films adds a new, completely immersive in-park experience to our existing lineup and will take this year’s event to a whole new level of fear,” said Vice President of North America Strategic Marketing & Partnerships Stephanie Borges.

Guests who are brave enough to enter will walk through the Devil’s Mouth into The Hell Fest Maze and venture through a number of rooms, each themed to depict scenes straight from the movie, including:

• The Mausoleum, an increasingly narrow corridor that forces guests to feel the touch of death;
  • The Mask Room a haunting room filled with floating white faces that could spring to life when visitors least expect it;
  • The Doll Room, filled with dolls straight out of the worst nightmares; and
  • The Torture Chamber, where the bodies of the disassembled, dissected and disemboweled wish to share their horrific ending.

Room by room, guests must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist.

“Fall means Halloween and for millions of people, Halloween means Fright Fest at their favorite Six Flags theme park,” commented the film’s director Gregory Plotkin, who continued, “We are excited for Six Flags patrons to have the unique opportunity to step inside the terrifying world of ‘Hell Fest.’ I can’t wait to hear the screams and laughter!”

Six Flags will also promote the movie’s nationwide release through Six Flags Media Networks platforms, including Nielsen measured Six Flags TV.

Fright Fest runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 15 through October 31. Operating schedules vary by park. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

Devil.thumb.jpg.4cced28881a656a3f6aaf1501ab16cff.jpg

HiRezFF_logo.thumb.jpg.f82a242bc844e44b43dc4e429976b526.jpg

TheOther.thumb.jpg.aefe37d602c39dc23033f04dd59528ce.jpg