TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Or maybe "Son of Beast" could be a code-name for a possible Giga coming to KI?

I'm not trying to argue, but what's your logic other than slapping the name on any new coaster? I'd like to think so, but I don't see any indication of a giga. Then again, I don't look too much into teasers.

KI getting an RMC of any variety would pretty much solidify its lineup perfectly, maybe more so than a giga.

The trifecta of Diamondback as the huge, fun crowd-pleaser (that is awesome regardless of its lack of intensity), MT as a transition coaster that pretty much anyone can enjoy, from enthusiast down to kids who won't ride anything that goes upside down but wants to try something bigger, and whatever craziness RMC throws in fills that out with a more fast-paced focused experience that may not be as intimidating as Diamondback but gives it a run for its money in terms of thrill factor.

... don’t go in the shed...

They would not do that, waste of modern technology dubbing a 70s coaster in steel. This is Kings Island, they will do better than that.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm on to something. You know how Beast is better at night? Well, it's always going to be night on Steel Beast. They'll just get rid of the sun in that area of the park and instead have a moon, so as you walk over to Steel Beast it becomes night and your ride is awesome.

You know, I hadn't thought that the barrel rolls might be the only thing outside the shed, but it makes so much sense. Now, they're teasing the number 5, which clearly is the 5th century BCE. So that giant shed with the outside barrel rolls will be enclosed in an even more giant wooden horse. What's in the in the shed that is also inside the horse? Steel Beast, the coaster you've always loved, now with more steel and more barrels rolls!

Plus, they have the best Amusement Park Halloween Haunt, in my opinion! I'm planning to take my kids and girlfriend there this year, for their first time, in what will probably be my only remaining coaster trip of the year. It's become an annual tradition, as it's SO great!

If you consider Knott's a theme park, then definitely!

Also, speaking of Haunt because I've been thinking about it a lot lately and it's coming up soon....

Just noticed the Haunt site is up and it looks like there is one new maze, two new scare zones, and one new show. Looks like CarnEvil is gone, so I'm not sure if the new maze (Chaos) is replacing it in location or if Chaos will be somewhere else. We actually liked CarnEvil, but I guess it was one of the oldest mazes?

Sad that the vampire show is going away, hoping that the new show (Haunted Homecoming) will be just as great.

So the trip to the park that was supposed to be in July that had to unfortunately postponed is set for next weekend. There a couple questions I have to ask though. Which coasters are must night rides other than the obvious one? If we have FL+ can we ask for front row rides? Lines aren't going to be an issue as we're going to buy FL+ it's just the weather were concerned about.

^Honestly, almost every major coaster at Kings Island I would consider a "must" for night rides. It is THE park for that kind of stuff. Beast, Banshee, Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, and even Vortex, Firehawk, and others are all fantastic at night. But I would definitely prioritize Beast for night rides, because while the others are definitely great, a front row ride on the Beast at night is unlike any other roller coaster experience out there.

Alright that's one question answered. Thanks you for answering my question. We were planning on riding Beast at night at least twice at night even ending the night with it. So what about requesting the front row if you have FL? The friend I'm going with can only ride inverts in the front row(I have no idea why).

When should you line up for a night ride on any of them? I also have a friend that will be with us and she's worried about not fitting on certain rides..I know Banshee has a test seat but does the Beast? She's really hoping to be able to fit into it.

^^I went from st. Louis on a Haunt Saturday last year with FL+ and requested front or back seat like 3/4 of my rides on the major rides and wasn't denied a single time. I think you will be fine riding wherever you want, if you just ask nicely all of the groupers were accommodating.

Alright that's one question answered. Thanks you for answering my question. We were planning on riding Beast at night at least twice at night even ending the night with it. So what about requesting the front row if you have FL? The friend I'm going with can only ride inverts in the front row(I have no idea why).

Last year, I didn't have any trouble with groupers in the standyby lines for any ride. I can't imagine you would coming through the FL Line.

For Beast, with a 10PM close, you'll likely only get one true night ride (pure darkness), and that's if you get in line at like 9:45 or later. Note that they stop operations of the ride for the fireworks show, then resume after that.

^ Well appently weren't not going to get Fastlane now. Instead we're going go Saturday and Sunday. This is one of the troubles I have with my friends they never want to pay extra for the line pass only because one them can't afford it. So I guess I should ask what we expect from lines on a Saturday and Sunday now since we aren't getting fastlane.

You know that's not a bad idea. They can wait in line if they want but I'm not. I was kind enough not to do that to them during our trios to Cedar Point but since this is our first ever trip to KI I'm doing it. Well for CP it was understandable since FL+ is so much more expensive than here. Not to mention that we're coming all the way from IL and leaving early Saturday morning instead of on Friday. I had to take off work for this also and the friend who's driving is off on weekends.

You know that's not a bad idea. They can wait in line if they want but I'm not. I was kind enough not to do that to them during our trios to Cedar Point but since this is our first ever trip to KI I'm doing it. Well for CP it was understandable since FL+ is so much more expensive than here. Not to mention that we're coming all the way from IL and leaving early Saturday morning instead of on Friday. I had to take off work for this also and the friend who's driving is off on weekends.

See...I look at this in another perspective.

So you are going to miss a days work, spend all that $$$ for a fast lane, separate from your friends, all so you can skip a couple of lines?

If you plan your day right, you can get away with not needing fast lane. Hit mystic timbers and Diamondback first thing in the morning. Next, try to do stunt coaster. The only longer lines you will have to worry about are for the beast, firehawk(if you even want to ride it), and flight of fear. Vortex, racer, adventure Express, banshee, and the bat lines are very manageable. Typically, banshees line dies out at night making for a few rerides.

If you have a platinum pass, you get early entry for a few coasters. Last time I was there, it was mystic timbers and a few other rides. I would check with the park though, as I hear they are switching the morning ert rides every so often.

I have done a bunch of Saturdays at the park, and was able to do all the coasters(and 2x on a few) , a bunch of spin and hurls, log ride, see a show, and eat my meals....all with no fast lane. You just have to plan it right. They also have an inverted boomerang coaster that we always skip because it's not very head and ear friendly.

Sundays at the park are typically slower. You should be able to bank a bunch of coaster credits with no fast lane.

The only time I have used fast lane at the park, was when I renewed my pass and got a free fast lane. Even then, it really wasn't needed. As a matter of fact, we ended up waiting longer for the beast in the fast lane line on that day...I remember that we were laughing at that.

Now if you are planning on just doing the coasters hardcore non stop, the fast lane is you're friend. If you do choose to get fast lane, wait till you get to the park and monitor the crowds first. You may not even need it. For me, I skip on the fast lane for the reasons mentioned above, but also because we have been to the park a bunch of times. I mean...its nearly $100 just to skip a few lines. If you are going to be there for 2 days, you will have plenty of time to get multiple rides on each of the coasters.

A few things...

Beast at night is a must! Like mentioned, the line closes early for the fireworks show.

Take the time to check out a few shows and explore the park. The coasters are great, but this park has a lot of other things to offer as well.

Its obviously your trip, but I would skip firehawk and faceoff in exchange for extra rides on the beast and mystic timbers. Banshee is great as well. It's one of the more intense B&M coasters.

Food wise, our favorites are panda express, skyline chili, outer Hanks burritos, and larosas(sp) pizza. A lot of people like the new bbq place as well. We tried it, and while it was good, the portion size was a bit small for our liking.

A few things to do if you find the time are the train and Eiffel Tower. From the tower, you can get a great view of the entire park, and the train ride is a lot of fun as well.

Hope this helps, and have a great time at the park!