TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hi I just want to thank everyone who gave me information on the bug situation. It helped me a lot with some decisions. We will be there Wednesday thru Saturday with two new friends, so I am hoping everything will be running okay.

Hi I just want to thank everyone who gave me information on the bug situation. It helped me a lot with some decisions. We will be there Wednesday thru Saturday with two new friends, so I am hoping everything will be running okay.

have fun!

Lightning Rod’s trains never make it to the brake run. They just push them back from the lift slowly and put up the “Closed for the Day” sign.

Lightning Rod has one thing on SV, at least it didn't crash on opening day (but only because its opening day still hasn't happened yet).

My goodness, all of this talk of bugs, major rides with significant downtime, staffing issues, huge crowds all the sudden late in the season, ridiculous waits for food and beverage, and absurd loose article policies is kinda making me not look as forward to my trip.

(just kidding, I'm totally excited to get back up there.)

It’s great to hear about those huge crowds after their rough Q2 and slow start to July. In the long run this is a good thing for us and for the park since the park had mentioned potential ride removals for cost cutting on their Q2 calls AND if they built two giant RMCs in the chain and they don’t draw any gate the chances of the chain adding more is essentially zero. People should be hoping for crowds at Cedar Fair parks.

I don’t get people.

I certainly hope this isn't said in regard to me!

I am glad CP is drawing crowds, as I don't ever visit during the Summer (due to crowds and the heat), and obviously, I like my favorite park making capital improvements. That being said, I will NEVER hope for a crowd on a day I visit a Cedar Fair park (or any other park), and that's why I only go to amusement parks prior to mid June, and after late August, usually.

Another important thing to know about me: Just because I love Cedar Point, and many Cedar Fair parks, doesn't mean I'll EVER be a blind CP or CF fanboy, or shill. I call them on it when they blow it, and just because they overall run their company better than SF, doesn't mean they're perfect. Far from it!

Yep. According to Sandusky Register and a contributor to the paper that I'm friends with and I know is speaking the truth, a drive tire decided to literally just fall off. Tony Clark said it should be open soon though.

This is literally such a Steel Vengeance thing to happen that I'm not even surprised. And, knowing CP, it'll probably open by tomorrow night.

Skeptical...

Hey man, that's just what I saw... no reason for me to lie about that,and I think I can demonstrate honesty here, especially when my claim about Millennium being down and other ride malfunctions seem to be substantiated by other users.

We walked up to it and my first thought was that it looked like an oversized, dirty and beaten looking mouthguard. When I picked it up, it was hot (like coaster wheels get) and the piece was about 16 inches long and really shredded looking, but it was arched in the shape of a perfect circle, and about an inch and a half thick and three inches wide (approximate guesses from my memory). Observing all those features led me to the conclusion that it was the rubber/polyurethane or whatever material outer rim of the wheel.

Thankfully it didn't seem to be a detrimental malfunction, but still something minorly concerning for safety.