TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is it common for Six Flags to send surveys for names of rides that are currently under construction? It seems to be a little late in the process for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

Based on many of the recent names- Blue Hawk, , Crazanity, tack a Twisted/Iron/Wicked in front of the name of a recently Rocky Mountain'd coaster, recycled names (Goliath, as an example)... I get the feeling that not a lot of thought is put into the naming process to begin with- so it probably doesn't matter.

Is it common for Six Flags to send surveys for names of rides that are currently under construction? It seems to be a little late in the process for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

Based on many of the recent names- Blue Hawk, , Crazanity, tack a Twisted/Iron/Wicked in front of the name of a recently Rocky Mountain'd coaster, recycled names (Goliath, as an example)... I get the feeling that not a lot of thought is put into the naming process to begin with- so it probably doesn't matter.

Oh I totally agree about the level of thought they've put into naming recent rides. I just see people looking at this survey and trying to guess what the current construction project is based on the options. It seems like they would already have the names of any new/re-themed attractions nailed down.

Two other questions on the survey asked, "Which ride has the fastest inversions?" and "Which ride has the tallest inversions?"

Yeah. This thing is definitely going to have inversions.

I just got the survey, and the last 8 pages or so asked me how much things would/should cost, but each question was written: “How much do you think you would have to pay for a a?” And “How much do you think you should have to pay for a waterpark a waterpark?” I just gave each answer 0.01, as it was the lowest acceptable amount, and clicked the “needs better proofreading” button when the survey asked how the survey could’ve been better LOL...

I received my survey today at it was questions about a new Membership Rewards Program. No questions about rides or such. I did notice they ask what park is your home park. Mine is SFMM and they are asking about giraffe feeding and stuff. Last time I checked SFMM didn't have giraffes. They need to make the surveys appropriate to what you select as your home park. Oh, and they really need to proofread before sending these surveys out....

So I was just getting some ice cream near the front of the park and noticed an abc7 news van parked outside the main gate. They're getting a camera set up now. It's pretty smokey here too. Does anyone know if there's a fire nearby or why the news is here?

It was just a live weather telecast with Leo Stallworth a general assignment reporter for ABC7 Eyewitness News. Talked with Sue of SFMM and just reminded people to stay hydrated and then featured tape of a couple gals at a strip mall talking of the weather, and showed the city of SCV breaking ground for a new fire-station. Pretty cool SFMM allowed them inside the park to do this forecast.

Ok - I guess we're getting started now:

8n87ky63qbf11.jpg

A second poster says

Launching into a Thrilling 2019

This has got to be some kind of launched racing coaster right? I can't imagine what else it would be based on those teasers. Maybe the two is taking about two separate rides, which would point to a launched coaster and maybe some kind of flat? Either way, we'll know what it is in 20 days!