TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Thanks to the heat, the park is positively dead today. IRat was a walk-on or one train wait for every row, including the front. Wonder Woman maybe 15-20? breaks down a lot so it's hard to tell. Road Runner is running great (although with only one train).

Water park is moderately busy but even that has tolerable waits. If you can brave the heat it's a great day to be here, lol

Same as last week! That heat kept everyone out of those Texas parks. The busiest park that I visit over the course of my trip was oddly Six Flags St. Louis.

First trip to Fiesta Texas in the books. It was probably my favorite new park of the trip (between that and Silver Dollar City, it's close). Iron Rattler was a great ride, my third favorite RMC out of eight. That first drop and the drop over the cliff being my favorite parts. I kept riding in the back row, as I found that to be the best seat on the other RMC's. Also got the back seat on Wonder Woman. Holy hell, that's a wild ride. That second airtime hill has some of the strongest airtime I've ever felt. The rest of the lineup is fairly good.

Quite a few protein spills the day of my visit. 105+ temps probably didn't help.

Teasers for 2019 have already started appearing around the park. Calling the number on the billboard states: "You ...Are formally invited to a zoning hearing on Thursday, August 30th. At this hearing, you will learn more about a major change taking place at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in 2019. Make sure you mark your calendars, as you will not want to miss this big news, and make sure to tell your friends and neighbors as well. This is going to be, how shall I say it? Out. Of. This. World!"

Honestly, after WWGLC I don't know what they could possibly be "majorly changing" about the park. Can't wait for more on this to come out.

Mabey we will get a kingda ka... Wishing but not getting my hopes up... They could make it scream twords the cliff at 128 mph and then shoot thru a tunnel and out the top of the cliff wall... Go over the top and then nose dive Right back into the ground thru a tunnel... Mabey I'm just still on a high from my great adventure trip at the beginning of july

Mabey we will get a kingda ka... Wishing but not getting my hopes up... They could make it scream twords the cliff at 128 mph and then shoot thru a tunnel and out the top of the cliff wall... Go over the top and then nose dive Right back into the ground thru a tunnel... Mabey I'm just still on a high from my great adventure trip at the beginning of july

The odds of Six Flags building another ride similar to Kingda Ka are extremely low. Nothing like that or Top Thrill Dragster has been built since 2005 due to a variety of reasons such as reliability and cost. Six Flags has not been crazy about spending that kind of money on one park recently either. It's fun to imagine your home park building an extremely awesome ride like that I understand but most corporate parks don't see the return on investment they would desire from something like that otherwise there would be TTDs and Kingda Kas all over the place at this point.

Honestly, after WWGLC I don't know what they could possibly be "majorly changing" about the park. Can't wait for more on this to come out.

As good as the Raptor track coasters apparently are, I'm not sure they're as huge of an investment as some people are making them out to be. In terms of height, length, spacial requirements, etc, I feel like they're equivalent to a larger Euro-Fighter (Huracan, Speed, Dare Devil Dive, among others), and I believe that's part of the point of that particular design.

I can always wish

The odds of Six Flags building another ride similar to Kingda Ka are extremely low. Nothing like that or Top Thrill Dragster has been built since 2005 due to a variety of reasons such as reliability and cost. Six Flags has not been crazy about spending that kind of money on one park recently either. It's fun to imagine your home park building an extremely awesome ride like that I understand but most corporate parks don't see the return on investment they would desire from something like that otherwise there would be TTDs and Kingda Kas all over the place at this point.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has the most absurdly asinine wind policies of any park I've ever seen (including Cedar Point), so between their stellar reliability and the Fiesta Texas wind policies I would assume you'd get a solid 2-3 dispatches per day out of an Intamin rocket coaster.

As good as the Raptor track coasters apparently are, I'm not sure they're as huge of an investment as some people are making them out to be. In terms of height, length, spacial requirements, etc, I feel like they're equivalent to a larger Euro-Fighter (Huracan, Speed, Dare Devil Dive, among others), and I believe that's part of the point of that particular design.

Raptors were meant to be for small independent parks to be able to afford they are thus are a sub 10M coasters. Some speculation has their price as low was 5M...The Eurofighter Darien Lake got they said the entire project was like 5.2M, if I remember correctly.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has the most absurdly asinine wind policies of any park I've ever seen (including Cedar Point), so between their stellar reliability and the Fiesta Texas wind policies I would assume you'd get a solid 2-3 dispatches per day out of an Intamin rocket coaster.

SFFT's wind policies in general don't make sense. One day it's Cedar Point tier and the bumper cars go down for wind even though it's not windy at all, the next day there's 15mph winds all day and every ride operates with no issue.

I think it has to do with the quarry walls, because they bounce wind around and screw with everything.

They have these little red, yellow and green lights in the stations. When they go to red because of high winds, they proceed to take the riders off the train and then cycle the empty and therefore way more valley-prone trains immediately to get everyone off. The day we were there, they generally reopened the rides in like 5 minutes, cycled them again once or twice and then closed again for another 5 minutes.

We were watching the Pandemonium anemometer during a wind closure and the thing wasn’t even spinning. Like at all... then they sent our car and closed it again for another 5 minutes (which meant they cycled like 4 empty cars in the “wind”). Then when they all got back it was green again so they sent another car.

It was also ONE HUNDRED degrees so every ride was flying through the course (even the empties). Iron Rattler probably wouldn’t have valleyed in a hurricane force wind that day when it was running all day in 100 degree heat. As it was, it wasn’t even mildly breezy.

I’ve never seen a more insane weather policy in my life.

Edited by coasterbill

I mean, Cedar Point cycles empties too but they don’t close the coasters at the first breeze and then reopen them within like 5 minutes when they know it’s just going to do it again like 2 minutes later and they had just spent that 5 minutes when it was apparently windier sending empties.

I really want to know what the wind limit is on Pandemonium. I feel like it’s lower than a Windseeker or Sky Ride. It’s insanity... especially since New England runs theirs in anything.

Thinking of doing a relatively last minute trip possibly to SFFT next week. Any idea what it's normally like? Should expect the park to be jammed with last thrill of the summer park goers before schools start back or is it very light?

Thinking of doing a relatively last minute trip possibly to SFFT next week. Any idea what it's normally like? Should expect the park to be jammed with last thrill of the summer park goers before schools start back or is it very light?

From my experience last year around that time on a Tuesday, it was the slowest I’ve seen it. I’ll be going this week and I’ll try to report back to you on the crowds.

Which day are you going? You should be fine, especially if you can go during the week. The weekend right before school starts was very busy last year but I think there are still a few weeks before.

From my experience last year around that time on a Tuesday, it was the slowest I’ve seen it. I’ll be going this week and I’ll try to report back to you on the crowds.

Went yesterday and the park was not bad but more busy than some of the days I've been this summer... Do not go on a Saturday... I repeat... Do not go on a Saturday

I was wondering about crowds as well. I'm taking my fiance on a trip to Texas for her birthday and we're going to do SFFT for a day. I'm planning on the Wednesday the week following schools going back. Should I still anticipate purchasing the Flash Pass? I have never used one before and am not entirely clear on the different levels (gold, platinum, etc.). I'm so excited to take her since neither of us have ever been to the park before! I'm sure it goes without saying that we should be also bring a bathing suit, too?

If it's a Wednesday and there's no BAFF, then don't worry about Flash Pass unless you get there and it's slammed for some reason. It'll be dead enough to do whatever, unless you want to marathon Wonder Woman. The waterpark is quite fun and there's a good amount of things to do there, so if you like water parks then that's definitely something to check out.

If you're in the area and want to check out another fun place, ZDT's is an hour away from SFFT and their "last 3 hours" unlimited wristband is only $15. Switchback is a seriously solid coaster, the go karts are pretty fun, and generally the whole little place is a really fun way to kill a few hours. (Last 3 hours arcade is probably one of the best deals I've ever seen on any arcade ever)