TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Listening to a really unique album ~ one that is based on a theme park roller coaster!

Euro Mir in Europa Park, had it's own soundtrack cd when I was there in 2008 on a TPR Tour.

So I play it, and although there's a lot of Russian in whatever's being said on certain tracks, but it has it's

techno disco "charm", I shall always remember about this funky coaster.

EuroMirCD.jpg.84fee4b70f1c1d68a295e5d51c30a1f3.jpg

973008517_ResizeofI-06.jpg.b4228bbe3640b7d33bbfabef77972dd9.jpg

And TPR revisited Euro Mir in 2010!

Listening to this CD I bought in Fuji-Q Highland Park, Japan!

More 'pop' than soundtrack music, but high energy nonetheless.

CD-JetCoaster.jpg.e23ddef7365e5d40895d1bc86c59d7e1.jpg

A "souvenir" from the TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

Now listening to tn end of the soundtrack cd of ZED.

The Cirque du Soleil show at Tokyo Disney Resort, that only lasted a couple of years.

I luckily got to see it in 2011, just before they announced it was shutting down permanently.

And I bought the CD a few months in advance of seeing it. Now, it's a precious souvenir.

ZedTDLcirquedesoleil.jpg.7e18c355ec601d215f467a87e1d57ff4.jpg

Travis Scott's ASTROWORLD just dropped. Best rap album I've listened to this year.

[attachment=0]220px-Astroworld_by_Travis_Scott.jpg[/attachment]https://open.spotify.com/album/41GuZcammIkupMPKH2OJ6I?si=Elot6xH2S8yo3rVU-QYTxw

Travis Scott is releasing limited edition AstroWorld merchandise everyday for 24 hours, staff tee shirt available today for the next hour until the next set drops.

https://shop.travisscott.com

Couldn't find an AstroWorld thread to post in.

• 1 month later...

Listening to this, in it's entirety, for the first time in several months.

We're finally getting to see a tour of it again, end of this month.

Our third time seeing it, and my fourth will be a few days' later.

Awesome live musical. Must be seen by all adults who care about the world.

theBookOfMormon-2011.jpg.e5e3a73dd81af74139e27574331c5f79.jpg

Love it. Always. All Ways. :p

• 2 months later...

Listening to a great cast soundtrack, of a London West End musical,

Everybody's Talking About Jamie. I just saw it on screen last

Sunday, recorded in London. Amazing self-affirming show about a

16 year old...who wants to become a spectacular Drag Queen!

It's a good listen, really.

Jamie.jpg.9fa27d7670725846df0e6f753b68f3ca.jpg

Now listening to what I consider a musical masterpiece.

And all by Boy George! And Euan Morton is quite remarkable as the Boy.

AND Morton's son plays the current title role, in Young Sheldon on tv!

Taboo.jpg.9016913200bf64160091a0ce38528691.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is so awesome for the holidays!

Every Friday after 6pm, CBC Radio 2 does what they call a Deep Dive, into a record that has

surpassed time and changing culture and media, etc. Usually rock/pop albums most of the time, but.....

So for this Friday, before The day, they've picked A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)! The whole album played,

with commentary about how the whole thing came to be, including info.about the tv special itself.

Listening to it now. The kids in the various choruses, are especially sweet to listen to.

All/most of it, by The Vince Guaraldi Trio.

A jazz trio. Who knew? Also, it's the 10th Best Selling Christmas Album of all time!

CharlieBrownChristmas.jpg.4fc3c341e953edcefc87c8bc3373dffc.jpg

Listening to the original Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album right now.

Still beautiful sounding, as it always did. Their version of "Silent Night" always gets to me.

MannheimSteamrollerChristmas01.jpg.5f357e5cbc626dd8bf7e3b6bb6698239.jpg

This was the first, of a number of Christmas albums they did.

• 1 month later...

Listening to the original cast recording of a great musical, finally coming to us next spring....WAITRESS.

Wish it was the Broadway cast I am listening to, now. But it seems to be a no-star show, which is great for

tours, etc. Still, I have loved all the roles that Jessie Meuller has done to date. I just wish her first original show (?), the revival of On A Clear day, You Can See Forever, was kept on a cast cd. She got her very first BIG notices, and her first TONY nom in a supporting role (Belinda). I would think that would be enough for a recording, considering I have cds of musicals that lasted less than one week. And Clear Day went for several months! wtf?

Waitress.jpg.ba4c5e9fd90f50326579c0b117f1e241.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any King Gizz fans on here? Bit the bullet and got tickets to see them in Atlanta in September, so hyped. Crazy excited for the new album, too.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to an unexpectedly amazing album right now...

Barbra Streisand ~ Walls

I don't think I have any of my BS albums in CD form. They're all old fashioned LPs.

That said, this is the most musical and political Babs has ever been. You can easily guess,

who and what this entire album is directed towards.

I am enthralled and amazed at what's she's done here. And The Lady can still sing Big Time!

Wow. Still a Barbra Fanboi from way back then.

Walls.jpg.4169d2eb5617ced7cf8ce56f53213d73.jpg

A really magnificent album. For it's Time & Place.

On my radio station they're doing what they call a Deep Dive into an album that is celebrating a relevant anniversary. Such is this one. Madonna (whatever you think of her now) pioneered Female Empowerment, Sexuality, and a lot of stuff that is now "normal" in today's music by female artists. Man, it's 30 years old, now! Still good as ever, for then, and now.

LIkeAPrayer1989.jpg.1586d69a8d368f8fe2902c6adba837e7.jpg

Enjoying one of my birthday presents - a cd soundtrack of a really neat animated movie...Small Foot.

Great songs, recorded with great singers. And James Corden will surprise you no end, with his (sort of) solo!

When you sometimes separate the soundtrack from the movie itself...wow, it's quite something to hear.

Anyway, get this CD! It's a great soundtrack with gorgeous orchestrations

and lively beats to most (if not all) of the songs.

SmallFoot.jpg.abcfe615aa4e1ab3d1f62ff089c8258f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My personal ranking of the Metallica albums (with some spaces added for emphasis of drop-off)...

1. Ride the Lightning

2. Master of Puppets

3. Kill Em' All (As you can see, I prefer their earliest work)

4...And Justice For All - Don't get me wrong. I like this album, but I just don't LOVE it like some do. Its got an amazing top 4-5 songs but the rest is just garbled filler to me.

5. Hardwired...To Self Destruct - a very refreshing "return to form". Or at least, as strong a comeback a band could possibly make at this age.

6. Death Magnetic - certainly a vast improvement following the absolutely shittastic abomination on the ears that was the album prior. But even then, thats not exactly saying much.

7. Black Album - Not a fan of the turn they took here, as I would imagine was the sentiment of other earlier-Metallica fans in 1991.

I think its a decent album musically, but obviosuly its not Metallica in hardly any way. Only song that I'll even actively go to listen to is Wherever I May Roam. Everything else is either, poppish, lethargic, or just flat out BAD.

8. Reload

9. Load (of shit)

10. St. Anger (TF?)

Any King Gizz fans on here? Bit the bullet and got tickets to see them in Atlanta in September, so hyped. Crazy excited for the new album, too.

YES!

I discovered them last year and have slowly been adding the cd's to my collection.

Would love to see them live!

• 1 month later...

Just realized how much I am missing George Michael. His "Father Figure" is on the radio, and I am suddenly remembering when and where I bought that wonderful CD. In San Francisco, the year it was released. Oct.1987. The name of the CD, was FAITH. I bought it at the (then) Big CD Store on Market St, up near Castro St. Great fond young gay musical memory.

Listening to the London cast recording of...

It's a great musical, and I did see it LIVE onscreen, several months ago!

Jamie.jpg.d3e4d62b5217cfcac59b404e166308a5.jpg

It's an wonderful positive Gay Youth musical!